HORIZON "Office" Spaces

I will be sailing on the Horizon later this month, but I unfortunately will need to work part-time virtually. Does anyone know any good spots on the Horizon where I can work that are indoors, not too loud (where I won't get too easily distracted when wearing noise-cancelling headphones), and have a good ambiance (perhaps something with sea views)? I would prefer to have a table and chair, but I would also be okay with just a chair or couch. 

Thank you in advance!

17 minutes ago, Scarlet_Spider27 said:

I will be sailing on the Horizon later this month, but I unfortunately will need to work part-time virtually. Does anyone know any good spots on the Horizon where I can work that are indoors, not too loud (where I won't get too easily distracted when wearing noise-cancelling headphones), and have a good ambiance (perhaps something with sea views)? I would prefer to have a table and chair, but I would also be okay with just a chair or couch. 

Thank you in advance!

A balcony cabin.

• Like 4

Library Bar. I’ve seen people work in the mornings in places that are closed at that time like the bonsai sushi, piano bar, alchemy…maybe a spot in the back of ocean plaza or the Havana bar.

• Like 5

Our last trip on Horizon I saw more than several working in different areas.  The most interesting was an editor reviewing books. She did it every evening (I am sure more in other places) for about 3 hours at Alchemy.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Library Bar. I’ve seen people work in the mornings in places that are closed at that time like the bonsai sushi, piano bar, alchemy…maybe a spot in the back of ocean plaza or the Havana bar.

Havana bar area during daytime hours (when not used) would be a great spot

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Our last trip on Horizon I saw more than several working in different areas.  The most interesting was an editor reviewing books. She did it every evening (I am sure more in other places) for about 3 hours at Alchemy.  

That’s a rough time to be trying to work at alchemy. 

• Like 1

Most ships have conference rooms but they are not obvious.  You could ask at guest services if they have them and if you could use one.  EM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s a rough time to be trying to work at alchemy. 

I said basically the same to her when I asked what she was doing.  She said she was pretty good of zoning out and focusing on the editing.  I got to watch her for a fair amount of time and she was good at it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Skybox before it opened would be a good spot. Grab one of those booths.

• Like 2

You can always use an empty lounge if there is not a sign out front saying it's closed, but beware that you'll often be interrupted by crew cleaning or delivering items etc. The library is probably the best bet.

• Like 1

Last time I was on Horizon I grabbed a table in the back corner of Ocean Plaza - there were a couple that had an outlet by them and I could plug in my laptop and work.  Usually there was trivia or something going on in the main area but I could tune that out fairly well.  There was a bar handy and usually a waiter would come around and keep my drink filled and I had a wonderful ocean view

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

the outside deck area on deck 5 has seating and some areas have table/chairs 

7 minutes ago, five. said:

I saw several people outside near the ocean plaza on deck 5 pretty regularly. I know you said inside, but thought I'd mention it.

It seems this keeps coming up... I will def need to check it out! I was mainly thinking inside so my computer screen doesn't have a glare, but it's always better to be outside on vacation if it works out:) Thanks!