Having sticker shock on the price of Fort Lauderdale Hotels Feb 2025

46 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

took about 2 weeks to get a confirmation. You may want to call the hotel directly in a couple of days. Or check online.

thanks for the advice - will do that.

NJ 

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a room pre cruise at Holiday Inn Express Dania Beach for February cruise. 
Has anyone stayed there? It shows free airport shuttle and free breakfast. We will take an Uber to the ship the next morning. 
Just want a decent room to sleep and get some breakfast. 
thanks for any information. 

On 8/28/2024 at 6:54 PM, Suzanne123 said:

I just wanted to share some photos taken five months ago at Embassy Suites on 17th St. ($500/ night + tax). 

IMG_3705.jpeg

IMG_3704.jpeg

IMG_3703.jpeg

IMG_3706.jpeg

IMG_3702.jpeg

And 100's of cruisers love this place for the free 2 drinks and the horrendous line in the morning for free breakfast. We had to book this place about 3 years ago, it was our last resort and will never stay there again.  

On 9/4/2024 at 1:03 PM, NJ&Ozzie said:

I just booked Hyatt with ValueTrips. haven't heard back yet.  They use Avanti shuttle service - $8 pp to airport & $9 pp to cruise port.  Service to airport starts at 5 a.m. which works for us.

Looks like you can take a bus from FLL airport to hotel - so just may try this.  we get in early enough. rather than hang around for a shuttle.

NJ  

The airport to the hotel is 2 1/2 miles apart. The shuttle is very fast at picking up at the airport. He is stationed at the hotel unless he is bringing someone to the airport. Call him when your bags are coming out on the carousel and he will be there in about 10 min depending on traffic. If you are more than 2 people a Uber will be cheaper. We stay away from using cabs, some will try to rip you off and charge you like $50 for a short ride. We had it happen once and it was not pretty. We love Hyatt Place and only stay there.

• Like 1

In the past few years there have been many well-deserved complaints about the Embassy Suites. A couple of months ago they finally started their interior renovations working from the top floor down.  I think floors 11 and 12 are completed based on what I've saw on TripAdvisor last month (I haven't looked since then). I haven't seen any renovation schedule so if I was considering booking it in the next 6 to 9 months I'd call to see if the construction is on-going and, if so, 1) when is it scheduled to be completed and 2) how can I be guaranteed a renovated room?  Or just chose one of the recommended hotels in this thread and save the ES to another visit after all the work is complete.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

The airport to the hotel is 2 1/2 miles apart. The shuttle is very fast at picking up at the airport. He is stationed at the hotel unless he is bringing someone to the airport. Call him when your bags are coming out on the carousel and he will be there in about 10 min depending on traffic. If you are more than 2 people a Uber will be cheaper. We stay away from using cabs, some will try to rip you off and charge you like $50 for a short ride. We had it happen once and it was not pretty. We love Hyatt Place and only stay there.

will be staying at hyatt place pre & post cruise - will let you know how it is.  location sure sounds great & price is definitely attractive with valuetrip.  glad someone on the board mentioned them.

NJ

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

will be staying at hyatt place pre & post cruise - will let you know how it is.  location sure sounds great & price is definitely attractive with valuetrip.  glad someone on the board mentioned them.

NJ

VT 2024 March/April dates are quite high so we don’t expect them to be any lower in 2025…

On 7/24/2024 at 9:32 PM, TryinCruisin said:

I just can't stomach the prices.

So we also have no interest in the high priced FLL airport/cruise port hotels.....This is what we do now that those hotels have, in our experience, are sky high. 

We are Marriott points folks so we end up staying at the Boca Raton Spring Hill Suites.  We are paying $132 in April.  Rates are always lower than FLL. There is another Marriott property there also w/good rates...Town Suites, I think. 

When we get off the plane, we take the FLL to Tri Rail free shuttle and then ride Tri rail a few stops north to Boca Raton and walk to the Spring Hill Suites....easy path walkway.

The next morning, all in reverse and we Uber from Tri Rail.  It saves us a couple of hundred dollars...is a minor pain....but for us, $$$ savings is worth it.  

• Like 1