What shows are on the Wonder?

Posted (edited)

The ice show is 365 & currently my favorite ice show in the fleet. Great music & special effects to go along with the skating & aerial work.

Effectors 2 is an original stage show (the original is on Odyssey & Icon has a prequel). It’s geared towards families, IMO, as it’s superhero themed (but not adult like Marvel/DC of course). I’m not a fan aside from some cool special effects at the end.

Voices is a singing-based stage show that I thought was horrible.

There will be a rotating headliner… juggler, ventriloquist, singer, etc. Having sailed Wonder 3 times since March, none were particularly great.

Adult comedy will of course depend on the comedians.

*In recent months there has been a 2nd aqua show announced & performed on night 7 called Aqua Nation. It’s more of a showcase of different skills like aerial work, slack line, tight rope, and of course dancing & diving. I saw it last week & enjoyed it. I thought InTENSE was fine but it has a lot more “dancing” and less of those other elements than every other aqua show I’ve seen so I was happy to get to see the 2nd show.

Obviously show opinions are subjective like anything else; this is just one man’s opinion & I'm not actually a big show guy. I’ll see anything once though (provided it’s under an hour).

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

The ice show is 365 & currently my favorite ice show in the fleet. Great music & special effects to go along with the skating & aerial work.

Effectors 2 is an original stage show (the original is on Odyssey & Icon has a prequel). It’s geared towards families, IMO, as it’s superhero themed (but not adult like Marvel/DC of course). I’m not a fan aside from some cool special effects at the end.

Voices is a singing-based stage show that I thought was horrible.

There will be a rotating headliner… juggler, ventriloquist, singer, etc. Having sailed Wonder 3 times since March, none were particularly great.

Adult comedy will of course depend on the comedians.

*In recent months there has been a 2nd aqua show announced & performed on night 7 called Aqua Nation. It’s more of a showcase of different skills like aerial work, slack line, tight rope, and of course dancing & diving. I saw it last week & enjoyed it. I thought InTENSE was fine but it has a lot more “dancing” and less of those other elements than every other aqua show I’ve seen so I was happy to get to see the 2nd show.

Obviously show opinions are subjective like anything else; this is just one man’s opinion & I'm not actually a big show guy. I’ll see anything once though (provided it’s under an hour).

Thanks

• Like 1

I have been on 16 of the current RCI ships that are still sailing. In my opinion Voices is the worst show I have seen to date. On the other hand, the water show and skating show on Wonder are very good. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Depends on who is singing.

If you like a show that's all singing, sure. I doubt I would like it even if the cast was comprised of grammy winners... just not my thing. That's why shows, like most things, are subjective.

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have been on 16 of the current RCI ships that are still sailing. In my opinion Voices is the worst show I have seen to date. On the other hand, the water show and skating show on Wonder are very good. 

@PhillyFan33579 how would you rate wonders aqua show to hiro on symphony  and aqua80 on oasis?  Thanks!

6 hours ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Any idea what determines if they will perform aqua nation on the cruise or not? It seems like it’s hit or miss whether or not it is offered. We are on Wonder Sept 8th

On a recent Harmony cruise the 2nd aqua show was added to the schedule at the very last minute for the final sea day. I assumed they wait to add it until they know the regular aqua show was able to perform all its regularly scheduled performances (if bad weather caused earlier cancellations, assumed they would reschedule for that final day).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

* InTENse is dark and gloomy. 
*365 ice show is one of the best - very pretty colourful costumes.

*Loved Voices for its sheer simplicity of staging in showcasing the power of the human voice 
*Effectors is ok 

Edited by little britain

19 minutes ago, MILO 0NE said:

Do you have to book ahead of time for a reservation to a show and if so how long ahead of time does the bookings bookings open up?

You don't have to but it makes life easier. There are always reservations held back for booking onboard and it's easy to see almost any show via a standby line as well.

There is no set time frame. I was on Wonder in June and again last week. Show reservations opened 45 days out for June and 60 days out for last week. I'd start checking about 2 months out. Keeping an eye on the FB page for your cruise will also help as someone will surely post when reservations open.

23 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

22 hours ago, RFerrington said:

+1

Followed closely by Columbus the Musical and Effectors battling for second and third place 

41 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Followed closely by Columbus the Musical and Effectors battling for second and third place 

Agree with Columbus….but Effectors was ok….once

• Thanks 1