HAL Neptune suite cocktail party

Can I please get advice on the dress code for the cocktail party that comes with the Neptune suite?  I was thinking of wearing black evening pants with a black top that has a silver insert.  Is that too dressy?  Or do people wear jeans? Thanks in advance.

Last time we went, a handful of people showed up on Nieuw Statendam, hosted by two concierges on staff who said hello and then went back to their desk…no officers attended. No one lingered. It was embarkation day when people are busy. They should not call it a party, more of an open house drop-by to meet the Neptune staff.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Last time we went, a handful of people showed up on Nieuw Statendam, hosted by two concierges on staff who said hello and then went back to their desk…no officers attended. No one lingered. It was embarkation day when people are busy. They should not call it a party, more of an open house drop-by to meet the Neptune staff.

What is the usual time for this? My last neptune suite experiences I had no idea about a cocktail party/gathering and so never attended. This was many years ago. We've got a neptune in 2025 and although we have the beverage package so don't need "free" drinks I'd like the opportunity to at least decide whether to bother attending or not 😉

Sue/WDW1972

51 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

What is the usual time for this? My last neptune suite experiences I had no idea about a cocktail party/gathering and so never attended. This was many years ago. We've got a neptune in 2025 and although we have the beverage package so don't need "free" drinks I'd like the opportunity to at least decide whether to bother attending or not 😉

Sue/WDW1972

Can’t remember for sure (4 or 5?) but there was an invitation card in the stateroom upon embarkation. 

9 hours ago, kbcruiser10 said:

Can I please get advice on the dress code for the cocktail party that comes with the Neptune suite?  I was thinking of wearing black evening pants with a black top that has a silver insert.  Is that too dressy?  Or do people wear jeans? Thanks in advance.

It's a nice start to talk to the captain, no jeans.

1 hour ago, wdw1972 said:

Sue/WDW1972

Its usually at 7pm, maybe 7:30.

I think we’re talking about 2 different parties in this thread. The captain did not appear ( nor other officers) at the only party held in the Neptune Lounge on a previous cruise we made. I think it depends on the day of the party - embarkation day vs a Captain’s party on a dressy evening during some cruises.

57 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I think we’re talking about 2 different parties in this thread. The captain did not appear ( nor other officers) at the only party held in the Neptune Lounge on a previous cruise we made. I think it depends on the day of the party - embarkation day vs a Captain’s party on a dressy evening during some cruises.

Don't recall (at least not recently) a Captain's party for Suite guests. The cocktail party in the Neptune Lounge the night of sailing might occasionally have a low ranking officer...maybe even the HM is the past, but not recently.

In the more distant past (like greater than 10 years ago) there have been cocktail parties, or even lunches for Suite guests, typically on cruises of longer than 10 days.

• Like 1

Usually first day at 7:00.  Hardly a party though.  It is come and go as you please and chat for a while. Not many people at all hang around.  It is sad.

We did have an extended Neptune Suite Party on a recent longer cruise and it was great.  Unlimited drinks and horderves. Black tables, dressy night, with 10-12 Officers!!!!! All in a line to greet each person and chat. Captain, head chef, hotel manager, etc. Not held in the Neptune Lounge.  Excellent! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Usually first day at 7:00.  Hardly a party though.  It is come and go as you please and chat for a while. Not many people at all hang around.  It is sad.

We did have an extended Neptune Suite Party on a recent longer cruise and it was great.  Unlimited drinks and horderves. Black tables, dressy night, with 10-12 Officers!!!!! All in a line to greet each person and chat. Captain, head chef, hotel manager, etc. Not held in the Neptune Lounge.  Excellent! 

Where was it held?

First night of the Rotterdam cruise we were invited to the Neptune Lounge. Angelica spoke about all the perks and what they could do for us. Food and drinks were provided. I believe the Guest Service officer was in attendance.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, forwardho said:

First night of the Rotterdam cruise we were invited to the Neptune Lounge. Angelica spoke about all the perks and what they could do for us. Food and drinks were provided. I believe the Guest Service officer was in attendance.

This.  Your invitation should be in your room when you board.  It is easy to overlook.  It’s just an introduction to what is available in the Neptune Lounge, the guest services the hostess provides, and the hours it is open.  Short and sweet.  

It has been years since we had an invite to a Neptune Suite party, but then all my cruises on HAL in the past several years have been 7 day voyages, I am assuming they no longer doing it for the short voyages. There definitely was not one on our last two HAL cruises that we were in a Neptune Suite. Our most recent was Nieuw Statendam last December.

• Like 1

This past year on the Niew Amsterdam and on the Eurodam, we have had a "cocktail party" on Embarkation Day in the Neptune Lounge.  It was for a half hour and left enough time to get to the evening show.  The purpose was to introduce the concierges and to review the suite benefits that we had, as well as to answer questions about how to do various things (e.g. dining reservations. Club Orange).  We did have a card invitation in our stateroom.

They may have been a different captain's Cocktail Party.  If so, it was not in the Neptune Lounge.

In any case, none of these functions have dress codes, although I would feel uncomfortable in a bathing suit or even shorts.

When on our 21 day cruise in January on the Oosterdam there was a captain's cocktail party for Neptune Suite guests.  It was not on the day of embarkation because I remember the concierge encouraging us to attend.  I can't remember where it was going to be held but it was not in the Neptune Lounge.   Maybe we will attend on our next cruise.  Cherie