San Diego Princess Tour

Hi, has anyone done City Drive & La Jolla Highlights excursion with Princess Cruises?

We are meeting a friend in the Old Town which is the second last stop of the tour and wondering if we are able to leave the tour there and return to the ship on our own?  

Thanks

22 hours ago, MaudeLou said:

Hi, has anyone done City Drive & La Jolla Highlights excursion with Princess Cruises?

We are meeting a friend in the Old Town which is the second last stop of the tour and wondering if we are able to leave the tour there and return to the ship on our own?  

Thanks

I have not, but the tour looks completely worthless to me. It shows a picture of the Hotel del Coronado in the excursion page, but the tour doesn't say it is going to Coronado, just Old Town and La Jolla and the whole tour is only 4 hours, so how much time can you have in each place?

I'd cancel and take the trolley to Old Town to meet your friend, then if you want to see La Jolla, Uber there or use the trolley and a local bus.

https://www.princess.com/ports-excursions/san-diego-california-excursions/city-drive-and-la-jolla-highlights/

• Like 1

As a local, I agree with the above. Assuming two of you, that’s over $100 spent on this tour just to drive around and stop twice(3x?) in a few hours.   Sounds like a lot of hurry up and wait, on/off bus, etc.  I’d pick out a couple highlights of La Jolla and Old Town, etc as your fav destinations and just spend that $100 on Ubers instead. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree too. The Trolley isn’t bad if you want a driving tour of SD, and it will easily get you to and from Old Town.   
If you have time when you get back, you can walk on the Embarcadero to see the waterfront sights.   

• Like 1