How can I book entertainment seats and dinner reservations online before we sail?

Hello and TYIA,

Our upcoming Harmony cruise is now less than 90 days away and I still can't reserve our seats for any of the entertainment venues nor any specialty dinner reservations online; how can I book them now before we board? 

We are staying in an ocean-facing balcony (not a suite) and purchased a package of 3 specialty restaurants for 2 people. We would also like to have the best seats possible (which ones?) for the various shows as we have never been on an Oasis class ship before. Besides this is there anything else different that we should also do/book now in advance for this Oasis cruise?

Thank you all for your help!

Posted (edited)

When you prebook your shows you are only reserving that particular show time, not specific seats.  The venues are open general seating and arriving early would assure you getting a seat where you want. The theaters are very large and seating is plentiful. The only way to have reserved seating is if you purchase the Key or are a higher tier Crown & Anchor member, and a section typically in theater in the back of the balcony is set aside as an option for you.  That section also opens to the general public 10 minutes prior to the show time. This would be the case with reserved sections in the main theater, aqua theater, and ice show.

With your dining package, when you first book it a placeholder reservation is made automatically for the 1st or 2nd night at a given restaurant.  When you board, just go to any of the specialty restaurants and the maître d can arrange reservations for the week at any of the restaurants for you, including changing the placeholder if desired.  This is a simple process and takes about 10 minutes.

Just keep checking the planner for when the shows open for reservations for the main theater, aqua theater, ice show, and comedy show.  Again, dates and times are all you are reserving.

As to "best seats" that is a personal choice, but with all of the venues mentioned we like the reserved seating areas as we have that option.  In the main theater, as mentioned, that is the back section of the balcony.  In the aqua theater that would be the top rear section, and in the ice show it is the first few rows center ice.  But that is only our preference.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cruising Divers said:

Hello and TYIA,

Our upcoming Harmony cruise is now less than 90 days away and I still can't reserve our seats for any of the entertainment venues nor any specialty dinner reservations online; how can I book them now before we board? 

We are staying in an ocean-facing balcony (not a suite) and purchased a package of 3 specialty restaurants for 2 people. We would also like to have the best seats possible (which ones?) for the various shows as we have never been on an Oasis class ship before. Besides this is there anything else different that we should also do/book now in advance for this Oasis cruise?

Thank you all for your help!

Go to shows you reserved 30 to 45 minutes early and get in line. Seating is open even with reservations. If you want the first row in the theater gr there early etc. 

I go early to aqua show to get a cushioned seat. Those hard bleacher type seats hurt my butt. I cant sit a whole show on them. 

• Like 4