Can Princess Help Request Cabin Swap with other passenger in advance

Odd question . . . 

First - I don't understand when there are so limited number of connecting cabins they allow people to book a single connecting cabin when there are identical cabins within 1-3 staterooms away.

I'm looking to ideally book connecting cabins.  I see a whole bunch of instances where say Cabin 1-2 connect.  Someone has cabin 1 booked.  Cabin 2 is free as is the cabin on the other side of 1.  

Would Princess be able (or willing) to see if the people who have Cabin 1 booked would be willing to move 1 cabin down to the same category room so that someone could book both connecting cabins?

My guess is no - but just wish when they are offering cabins for selection to not offer connecting cabins to someone booking 1 cabin - at least far in advance only show those when someone is booking 2 (or at least when they're down to a limited number of cabins in that category).  I think I saw 5 sets of connecting cabins that had this - someone with one of them but with both rooms on either side still unbooked.

• Like 1

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Current occupant in Cabin 1 would probably be thrilled to move away from a connecting cabin.

Are you working with a good travel agent?

They could contact the inventory department in your behalf.  I was booked on a back to back in neighboring cabin.  My TA called inventory.  Closer to the cruise, I received an email telling me that I would be in the same cabin.  Don’t know what they did with the original passengers.  

You could always inquire. They best they could do is give it to you.  

@DavidDSimon great post.  We have to have connecting cabins because we travel with our adult autistic DS and I share your frustration.  Please come back and let us know what you find out. 

2 hours ago, DavidDSimon said:

Odd question . . . 

First - I don't understand when there are so limited number of connecting cabins they allow people to book a single connecting cabin when there are identical cabins within 1-3 staterooms away.

I'm looking to ideally book connecting cabins.  I see a whole bunch of instances where say Cabin 1-2 connect.  Someone has cabin 1 booked.  Cabin 2 is free as is the cabin on the other side of 1.  

Would Princess be able (or willing) to see if the people who have Cabin 1 booked would be willing to move 1 cabin down to the same category room so that someone could book both connecting cabins?

My guess is no - but just wish when they are offering cabins for selection to not offer connecting cabins to someone booking 1 cabin - at least far in advance only show those when someone is booking 2 (or at least when they're down to a limited number of cabins in that category).  I think I saw 5 sets of connecting cabins that had this - someone with one of them but with both rooms on either side still unbooked.

Did you try booking for a different amount of guests?  Sometimes cabins require you select 3 or 4 guests for them to show up as available.

• Like 1

I agree, I would jump at the chance.  Never paid attention to whether the cabin I was booking was connecting until we had neighbors that slept with the balcony door open.  The sound in our cabin was awful, like a cold winter wind.  We tried putting towels at the bottom of the door.  We finally had to knock on their door and ask if they had the balcony door open.  They denied it but after that the noise stopped.  Now I make sure the cabin I book isn't connecting.  I have been called by Celebrity customer service in the past to ask if we would change cabins. I declined because what they offered was near the aft and our chosen cabin was near the elevators.  I didn't consider them comparable.

1 hour ago, skatelady said:

I agree, I would jump at the chance.  Never paid attention to whether the cabin I was booking was connecting until we had neighbors that slept with the balcony door open.  The sound in our cabin was awful, like a cold winter wind.  We tried putting towels at the bottom of the door.  We finally had to knock on their door and ask if they had the balcony door open.  They denied it but after that the noise stopped.  Now I make sure the cabin I book isn't connecting.  I have been called by Celebrity customer service in the past to ask if we would change cabins. I declined because what they offered was near the aft and our chosen cabin was near the elevators.  I didn't consider them comparable.

8 hours ago, DavidDSimon said:

Odd question . . . 

My question if I had the cabin you wanted is what is it worth to you

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Perfectlife said:

How can you tell from the deck plans which cabins are connecting?

Easy way is to go to the princess web site.

Locate your ship under the "onboard our ships tab"

Find deck plan and you will see an option to tick "connecting cabins"   ( NOTE Must showing a deck plan that has cabins .. eg Caribe deck)

Example in link below for Diamond,  select  Deck 10  Caribe deck

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=DI

Edited by stewart_oz
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DavidDSimon said:

Odd question . . . 

Some thoughts.

Have you worked with a TA to try to book two connecting cabins?

With most balcony cabins you can open the balcony divider and allow connection in that manner.

For Princess to get involved to move the occupant next door they would most likely have to offer something like an upgrade, OBC, or something else. I know if it was me I would ask for some benefit. It seems like a long shot that Princess will do this. A TA might be able to work this out.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, memoak said:

My question if I had the cabin you wanted is what is it worth to you

My answer would be what is it worth to you if I book cabins with my kids on either side of you and you have the connecting cabin with my kids!!  : )

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Some thoughts.

Have you worked with a TA to try to book two connecting cabins?

With most balcony cabins you can open the balcony divider and allow connection in that manner.

For Princess to get involved to move the occupant next door they would most likely have to offer something like an upgrade, OBC, or something else. I know if it was me I would ask for some benefit. It seems like a long shot that Princess will do this. A TA might be able to work this out.  

Yes - my kids are old enough that we'd have no problem doing two adjacent cabins and just opening the divider.  Always more convenient to have the connection.

If the response from someone was they wanted something to literally move to the identical cabin next door (or two cabins down if bed/sofa placement was important) I'd just say forget it.  As others have noted - unless you want the connecting cabin specifically - many people actually do not want one that has the connecting door so depending on them - we might be doing them a favor!!  I do agree that I'd suspect not something they'd go ahead and do but can always ask.  The fall back position is perfectly fine!

50 minutes ago, DavidDSimon said:

My answer would be what is it worth to you if I book cabins with my kids on either side of you and you have the connecting cabin with my kids!!  : )

I would assume that they are old enough to live by themselves and therefore would know how to conduct themselves. LOL

i assume you know to take things tongue in cheek 

2 hours ago, DavidDSimon said:

We had that happen in a hotel once.  Kids were on the side with the connecting door, parents were on the other side. One of the kids was apparently just starting violin lessons. It was a nightmare!

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2024 at 3:51 PM, voljeep said:

if not needed, and not known at the time of booking for some reason ... I would JUMP at the chance to get out of a connecting cabin.

JUMP

Me too! After my first experience,  I always check I'm not in a connecting cabin!

• Like 1