Brooklyn Cruise Terminal questions.

Does anyone have any info on long term parking at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. I haven't been there since 2012 and I know they had long term rates then, but I can't find any current info on their website about this. I've tried to contact them using the details on their website but I've had no reply.  We will be gone for 27 days so am hoping I don't have to pay $45 a day!  Also, if they don't offer long term rates anymore, does anyone have any recent experience using any other parking garages or lots in the area?

Thank you

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Albion Photo RRV said:

Does anyone have any info on long term parking at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. I haven't been there since 2012 and I know they had long term rates then, but I can't find any current info on their website about this. I've tried to contact them using the details on their website but I've had no reply.  We will be gone for 27 days so am hoping I don't have to pay $45 a day!  Also, if they don't offer long term rates anymore, does anyone have any recent experience using any other parking garages or lots in the area?

Thank you

Hello @Albion Photo RRV

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask s Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry was off topic there since it concerns a specific North American Homeport. To help you out, your thread has been moved to the East Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles in this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Kat said:

Hello @Albion Photo RRV

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask s Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry was off topic there since it concerns a specific North American Homeport. To help you out, your thread has been moved to the East Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles in this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

I wasn't sure which one to post it on, so thank you 👍

1 minute ago, Albion Photo RRV said:

I wasn't sure which one to post it on, so thank you 👍

You are most welcome and glad to be of service! 🙂

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you found us! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list of the various forums. I suggest you put the page link in your browser's Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Albion Photo RRV said:

Thank you

The cruise terminals in Brooklyn and Manhattan eliminated their long term parking discounts a few years ago.

There isn't much in the way of alternative parking in the immediate area. If you check spothero.com for monthly parking near the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal they show what appears to be a small parking lot named Storquest at 155 King St. that appears to be part of a self storage facility of the same name that's only a short distance from the cruise terminal.

Otherwise you're probably looking at garages in downtown Brooklyn about two miles from the cruise terminal.

I can't provide any personal experience or recommendations about specific parking facilities in the area...just to do what I did to get the above information by using Spot Hero.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The cruise terminals in Brooklyn and Manhattan eliminated their long term parking discounts a few years ago.

There isn't much in the way of alternative parking in the immediate area. If you check spothero.com for monthly parking near the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal they show what appears to be a small parking lot named Storquest at 155 King St. that appears to be part of a self storage facility of the same name that's only a short distance from the cruise terminal.

Otherwise you're probably looking at garages in downtown Brooklyn about two miles from the cruise terminal.

I can't provide any personal experience or recommendations about specific parking facilities in the area...just to do what I did to get the above information by using Spot Hero.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the spothero website and see what I can find 👍

We live about 180 miles from NYC and the Red Hook Terminal and have cruised out of that port, a few times.  On longer cruises we find it more economical to do one-way rental cars.  We drop the car in Brooklyn (location depends on which company) and get an Uber to the port.  Finding a good long-term parking garage in Brooklyn is very unlikely!

Hank

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We live about 180 miles from NYC and the Red Hook Terminal and have cruised out of that port, a few times.  On longer cruises we find it more economical to do one-way rental cars.  We drop the car in Brooklyn (location depends on which company) and get an Uber to the port.  Finding a good long-term parking garage in Brooklyn is very unlikely!

Hank

We looked into the rental car option but having to drive 1500 miles each way, and probably 3 days each way, means the cost would probably be about the same as parking at the port. If we lived closer we'd definitely do it. Thanks though 👍

Can you reserve a parking spot?  I am worried about having parking spots available when we arrive now that MSC is also cruising weekly out of the Brooklyn cruise port.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaisyRose said:

Can you reserve a parking spot?  I am worried about having parking spots available when we arrive now that MSC is also cruising weekly out of the Brooklyn cruise port.

I believe you can through the Brooklyn Cruise Port website, or by calling them. I could be wrong as I haven't been there for many years, but I get the impression that there are usually plenty of spaces available though.

Thanks, I will look for their phone number or website.  We cruised out of Brooklyn a couple of years ago, and there was plenty of parking.  But that was before MSC was also cruising out of Brooklyn.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DaisyRose said:

You can not reserve a spot in Brooklyn. It's a first come, first serve. We heard this for the last two years especially with MSC docking there. We parked at the terminal after MSC came and still found spots to park. Not close to the terminal building itself, meaning a bit of a walk. 

There are 500 parking spots on the Terminal grounds.

We expect to park there in next March and hoping there are no fee increases before that time.

1 hour ago, DaisyRose said:

Yes, you can reserve a parking spot:

Go to this page of the cruise terminal's website, https://cruise.nyc/BCT-directions-parking  then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Make a reservation".

14 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

You can not reserve a spot in Brooklyn.

Yes you can make a reservation. The ability to reserve parking at the Brooklyn terminal was put into place a while back after the company that manages the Manhattan cruise terminal's parking took over the management of the Brooklyn terminal's parking.

Thanks I will look into it.  I mean, what if you drive there and can't find a parking spot?  They must have some kind of plan.  Hopefully the parking lot never fills up, but I really don't know.  It is not easy to take public transportation there.  I was thinking of taking a train, but then I still need a cab or uber to get to the port.  Not sure how far that ride would be.  But thanks to everyone for your information and ideas.

2 hours ago, DaisyRose said:

Thanks I will look into it.  I mean, what if you drive there and can't find a parking spot?  They must have some kind of plan.  Hopefully the parking lot never fills up, but I really don't know.  It is not easy to take public transportation there.  I was thinking of taking a train, but then I still need a cab or uber to get to the port.  Not sure how far that ride would be.  But thanks to everyone for your information and ideas.

Remember that many disembarking MSC passengers will have parked at the cruise terminal and will be vacating their parking spots, so all those spaces will become available for passengers embarking that day.

It's unlikely that you'll have a problem, but if you want to ensure you'll have a spot, make a parking reservation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2024 at 6:29 PM, lovestocruiseii said:

Can you get dropped off outside Brooklyn pier and walk to terminal?  How far of a walk

I walk all the time from the B61 Bus on Van Brunt Street. There is a pedestrian only entrance at Pioneer St and Conover St. Conover is parallel to Van Burnt and one block down. I usually get the Uber driver to drop/pick up there and walk in/out of the port. There are port staff that help  you cross the traffic flowing in and out of the port once you enter the gate and then sidewalk past the waiting black cars and NYC Ferry dock  to the Terminal area. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.679713,-74.0122113,3a,90y,281.53h,108.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbQM7HRUqbJrSdjufBnzGeQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?coh=205409&entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI0MDgyMC4xIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

19 hours ago, lovestocruiseii said:

Thanks. How far of a walk from gate to terminal entrance?

I am terrible measuring distances. In the link above behind the Red tug boat is the NYC Ferry landing's white tent. Double that distance; the skinny orange traffic "cones" is where you walk. Zoom in, and you see someone a vest, at the end of the drop-off area., the white building in the background is the terminal building. Mrs. Brighonline and I do this walk every time we sail with a backpack and large suitcase pulled behind us (you would check it on a plane).  Maybe a two-city block walk, avenue to avenue.