Any way to track am boarding delays?

It's been a bit. Might there be a way to track if there is an am boarding delay, because ie: Ship went through a surprise early am inspection. I had that happen when I boarded Ms O 7+ yrs ago. Will RCL send something out or a way to track? 

The main line was way backed up. It must of been 1hr+ through security. I was thankful I was Diamond 💎 and I could use that line at that time. There was no way I could've waited solo in the other line. I'm thankful to be going through suite line this time & why I pd for it. I'm thinking earlier the better though. 

19 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

It's been a bit. Might there be a way to track if there is an am boarding delay, because ie: Ship went through a surprise early am inspection. I had that happen when I boarded Ms O 7+ yrs ago. Will RCL send something out or a way to track? 

The main line was way backed up. It must of been 1hr+ through security. I was thankful I was Diamond 💎 and I could use that line at that time. There was no way I could've waited solo in the other line. I'm thankful to be going through suite line this time & why I pd for it. I'm thinking earlier the better though. 

odds are less than 1%

46 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

If its known ahead of time they might send out a email to come 1 hour later than assigned time which people mostly ignore lol. Sometimes its not known ahead like we had 2 stowaways delay regarding at least 1 hour. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Justmekaren918 said:

There is no way of telling. And you won't be notified of a small delay to boarding. There is no reason to worry or obsess about something totally out of your control. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Concerns about possible boarding delays are valid but pretty low risk.  There are a couple of likely scenarios for folks who might be interested  -

— First, there is a know delay and it is likely you will be notified ahead of time.  This could be something related mechanical issues, weather issues or logistical.  Some real examples from the past are engine issues or tides (Vancouver Lions bridge passages) that will impact when the ship can get to the port.  Those usually are shared as early as possible, usually a week or more out in some cases.

- Second, there are late or last minute items like the engine issues mentioned earlier, weather issues, inspections or others that might come up in the last days.  Those usually will get an email even up to the day of the cruise.  

- Last, there are some immediate issues at boarding.  Those will typically not be communicated.  There are a number of things that can impact boarding and one example is just poor flow and disregard or disruption to the processes which can cause backups - 

I’m guessing that since the first post mentioned diamond and suite, this is likely a disguised humble brag, but should anyone really wonder about knowing if there will be delays hopefully this helps.