Faster Internet being added to packages!!!

BlerkOne

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

will you now upgrade to Premier 90?

I won't for my upcoming 11-Day.

But I also saw that the change includes UNLIMITED drinks and UNLIMITED Specialty Dining. So maybe some people will still find value in that.

I love a night at Crown Grill and Sabatini's but I honestly don't want more than 2 Specialty Dining meals on most cruises and I certainly don't need or want unlimited alcohol.

• Like 1

Wow this is amazing, I assume and hope its retrospective as we already purchased Premier at booking. 
The unlimited speciality dining and drinks will be amazing, we were disappointed to discover the limited casual dining options on Ruby, to now get unlimited speciality at no extra cost is the icing on the cake.

2 hours ago, rheathslc said:

Here's the language about the changes

Screenshot_20240815_110016_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f337f0c7d97fa58b67c441d145aad109.jpg

That's what it says, but frankly -- getting unlimited premier dining is just going to mean that there are less seatings to go around.   Love the math on paper (+$10 pick up many more specialty dining options), but in practice I doubt it will work out that way unless they prioritize premier package holders for reservations as well.

I'm also leery of how MedallionNet.Max may degrade classic, but need time to judge that one. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Wow this is amazing, I assume and hope its retrospective as we already purchased Premier at booking. 
The unlimited speciality dining and drinks will be amazing, we were disappointed to discover the limited casual dining options on Ruby, to now get unlimited speciality at no extra cost is the icing on the cake.

You will get the perks that were included at the time you booked and at the price you booked. If you want the new perks you will have to pay the extra $10/day per person. It's been this way this way on all package pricing/inclusion changes. 

Screenshot_20240815_110604_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0f74bee01addf2931f1a7e8e3013de93.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

You will get the perks that were included at the time you booked and at the price you booked. If you want the new perks you will have to pay the extra $10/day per person. It's been this way this way on all package pricing/inclusion changes. 

Screenshot_20240815_110604_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0f74bee01addf2931f1a7e8e3013de93.jpg

Oh my, this is going to upset a lot of people.

The MedallionMax is being given to people who were in Plus and already booked. I see it on all three of my upcoming sailings in Plus benefits.

Crazy they aren't extending these other changes (excluding MedallionNet Max) to people who already booked Premier. I'd be upset. I get that it's their business, their prerogative, but yeahhhhh.

21 minutes ago, 90scruzer said:

I'm also leery of how MedallionNet.Max may degrade classic, but need time to judge that one. 

They will use packet shaping (or a similar prioritization) technology in the network. Basically, the WiFi will know based on your room which priority to assign the device(s) you connect and it will cap your speed at "something they define" compared to MedallionMax. It's likely MedallionMax devices are capped as well, that way no single user can consume all available bandwidth and cause a disruption.

Edited by AlpacaBag

4 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Thank you for the information.

Oh dear that is really sad 😢, oh well, it was nice while I thought it lasted  😂

2 minutes ago, 90scruzer said:

I for one don't care about the internet quality/speed at all so that's less of a factor for me. I totally recognize that this would be a concern for many though. 

And before anyone makes any assumptions, I'm a millennial. But if I can go camping without internet I can do so on a cruise too. 😀 In fact I welcome the chance to unplug.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlpacaBag said:

Oh my, this is going to upset a lot of people.

The MedallionMax is being given to people who were in Plus and already booked. I see it on all three of my upcoming sailings in Plus benefits.

Crazy they aren't extending these changes to people who already booked Premier. I'd be upset. I get that it's their business, their prerogative, but yeahhhhh.

Premier does get MedallionMax.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, beg3yrs said:

Premier does get MedallionMax.

Right, what I meant was ,if they are giving that upgraded benefit to people in a grandfathered style, it doesn't make sense they aren't doing that for the other new benefits.

Edited by AlpacaBag
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlpacaBag said:

Crazy they aren't extending these changes to people who already booked Premier. I'd be upset. I get that it's their business, their prerogative, but yeahhhhh.

I almost think that since the MedallionNet Max announcement was prior to this Premier change that we might still be grandfathered in for that one perk. Because otherwise it's actually a take away and they don't typically do that. But we for sure won't get unlimited SD and unlimited drinks at the $80 price. Which I'm okay with.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

I almost think that since the MedallionNet Max announcement was prior to this Premier change that we might still be grandfathered in for that one perk. Because otherwise it's actually a take away and they don't typically do that. But we for sure won't get unlimited SD and unlimited drinks at the $80 price. Which I'm okay with.

I have 3 cruises booked with premier.  I would hope to have the Enhanced MedalionNet included since it was announced prior to the price increase, but I doubt I will be at customer services if it is not.  We check email and BBC news at least every 2-3 days.  I doubt we will upgrade to the latest deal for our existing cruises. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AlpacaBag said:

Right, what I meant was ,if they are giving that upgraded benefit to people in a grandfathered style, it doesn't make sense they aren't doing that for the other new benefits.

It does make sense in a way because the addition of the MedallionNet Max was a separate announcement made over a week ago and already added to Plus and Premier. But I guess we'll see.

2 hours ago, rheathslc said:

But we for sure won't get unlimited SD and unlimited drinks at the $80 price. Which I'm okay with.

We have made up our minds to upgrade and pay the $10pppd.
Hopefully we can upgrade on the ship and that will be a good use of the shareholder OBC.

• Like 1

I purchased the Premier package before the new enhanced version. I am assuming that since Princess released the update on Aug. 7th with  the upgraded wifimax being available on plus and premier packages, it will be available to me. The way I am reading this, is the “original premium” plan will get the wifi upgrade with 4 devices per passenger and the “enhanced version” will cover unlimited devices. 

3 hours ago, jshli said:

I purchased the Premier package before the new enhanced version. I am assuming that since Princess released the update on Aug. 7th with  the upgraded wifimax being available on plus and premier packages, it will be available to me. The way I am reading this, is the “original premium” plan will get the wifi upgrade with 4 devices per passenger and the “enhanced version” will cover unlimited devices. 

@jshli  Check your app or personalizer under packages.  Mine now lists “medallionNet max” for our plus package.  The terminology updated after the original announcement.

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

@jshli  Check your app or personalizer under packages.  Mine now lists “medallionNet max” for our plus package.  The terminology updated after the original announcement.

I have a B2B coming up. I added Premier last week at the $80 price to the first leg only. I have Plus for the 2nd leg. Theoretically I should definitely have Max for the Plus leg even if they somehow don't honor the Max for the old Premier (which they should and I think they will but we'll see). My app does not say max anywhere. I can't remember if it did after the Max announcement last week or not. Where are you seeing that?

3 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@rheathslc  In my cruise personalizer under packages.  I guess the app doesn’t spell it out like it does on the website like I thought.

Thanks! I originally booked Plus and then upgraded after I paid in full so my cruise personalizer still says plus even though my app shows Premier and I was able to book SD. My Travel Summary document shows Plus but also shows Premier upgrades as separate line items.