Manhattan piers parking

Hello!  I haven't sailed out of the Manhattan since 2003. I back in those days I usually parked on top of the pier.  Just booked the Insignia to Bermuda departing 9/8 and wondering what the latest parking is.   Any help appreciated.   Thank you.

Deck Chair.

11 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Credit card only.  Reservations highly recommended.

Has anyone reported not being able to get a spot since they started offering reservations for an extra fee?

45 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Has anyone reported not being able to get a spot since they started offering reservations for an extra fee?

Whether or not someone else has been denied a spot has no bearing on whether YOU might have that happen.

At $45 per day, what's a few more for a reservation?

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

No one has reported that on this forum that I have seen

On 8/8/2024 at 10:22 AM, FlyerTalker said:

Whether or not someone else has been denied a spot has no bearing on whether YOU might have that happen.

At $45 per day, what's a few more for a reservation?

I think it’s a cash grab, charging more for a reservation when getting a parking spot is very rarely an issue.

I think it’s a cash grab, charging more for a reservation when getting a parking spot is very rarely an issue.

Or it's a way to deter people from making reservations and no utilizing them.

Guess it all depends on how you look at things.

If i am paying 315.00 for parking already with a reservation, how is it a cash grab ? 45 x 7 = 315

I know a spot is awaiting me for my sailing

47 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

If i am paying 315.00 for parking already with a reservation, how is it a cash grab ? 45 x 7 = 315

I know a spot is awaiting me for my sailing

Because for de axes there has always been available parking at 88/90. It makes folks paranoid that there won’t be enough parking now that they see they can make a reservation. The cost is only $10 so I’m guessing most make reservations “just in case.”

13 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Because for de axes there has always been available parking at 88/90. It makes folks paranoid that there won’t be enough parking now that they see they can make a reservation. The cost is only $10 so I’m guessing most make reservations “just in case.”

I don't know were your getting the $10 cost figure. The parking rate is $45 dollars per day at pier 88/90 in NY. If i can park in NY for $10 a night i would love to know. Please enlighten me.

6 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

I don't know were your getting the $10 cost figure. The parking rate is $45 dollars per day at pier 88/90 in NY. If i can park in NY for $10 a night i would love to know. Please enlighten me.

I think they're referring to the service fee for making  the reservation, not the cost of parking, although that fee is actually $11.95, not $10.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I think they're referring to the service fee for making  the reservation, not the cost of parking, although that fee is actually $11.95, not $10.

Yes, the reservation fee, which is low relative to the parking charge, so many will just pay it for peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also interested if anyone without a reservation has been turned away.  We are sailing on the Joy on 8/28 and there are no reservations available. Nearest lot is about 8 blocks an away.  Dropping off luggage to park and walk back will be difficult in NYC.

2 hours ago, nycmedic said:

I am also interested if anyone without a reservation has been turned away.  We are sailing on the Joy on 8/28 and there are no reservations available. Nearest lot is about 8 blocks an away.  Dropping off luggage to park and walk back will be difficult in NYC.

I’ve never heard of it, one poster here heard of someone mention not being able to get parking years ago, we’ve never had an issue.