Taxis at Boston Cruise Port

My husband and I arrive from a cruise at 7 am on a Weds.. We need to get to the airport. I’m not sure if there are taxis all lined up or we should take the cruise ship transfer to airport.  That would be $50 in total for both of us.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 hour ago, Grumpella said:

My husband and I arrive from a cruise at 7 am on a Weds.. We need to get to the airport. I’m not sure if there are taxis all lined up or we should take the cruise ship transfer to airport.  That would be $50 in total for both of us.

Thank you in advance for your help.

You should have no problem getting a taxi if you want.  We (a couple) took a taxi in June.

The cost was $49 (with a tip)!  We walked a short distance to the right. Then, we saw a sign to TAXI's.

4 hours ago, Buford T Justiice said:

I'm not sure of your timing but I think you could also take the Silver Line 2 to South Station and then the Silver Line 1 to Logan for $2.40 per person.

We have done that before and it worked out great.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

You should have no problem getting a taxi if you want.  We (a couple) took a taxi in June.

The cost was $49 (with a tip)!  We walked a short distance to the right. Then, we saw a sign to TAXI's.

$49 is insane for that short of a trip. An UberX with tip will be $15-20. 

I can’t even believe a taxi meter would yield that. You were seriously ripped off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I can’t even believe a taxi meter would yield that. You were seriously ripped off.

Unless there was dreadful traffic, and that can happen, I agree.  Way out of line

20 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

We were quoted $53.46 to go FROM Logan to the Harborside at 10:00p on a Saturday. Is that also out of line? 
Is it cheaper to get on Uber after landing and then getting a driver (versus pre-booking?)

When you get off the ship you will be facing a large white building (Boston Design Center). Walk around to the other side of the BDC to either 23 or 25 DryDock Ave. Request your Uber from there. DryDock Ave is still 2 way at those points so your driver can bang-a-uey (make a u-turn) and avoid the chaos at the port on Black Falcon Way which is one way and very busy with buses, the HoHo, and pedestrians.

• Like 1

Taxi should be on a meter from the airport or to the airport or anywhere else in Boston.  When you ask for a quote you are putting yourself at risk for the driver making something up.

13 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

We were quoted $53.46 to go FROM Logan to the Harborside at 10:00p on a Saturday. Is that also out of line? 
Is it cheaper to get on Uber after landing and then getting a driver (versus pre-booking?)

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

Taxi should be on a meter from the airport or to the airport or anywhere else in Boston.  When you ask for a quote you are putting yourself at risk for the driver making something up.

Just to clarify- the “quote” is Uber. I put in the information but didn’t yet book. 

15 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Yes, it should be around $20 for an uber to or from Logan Airport to cruise port.  

Uber typically charges a fee to book ahead.   I'm not sure if Lyft has a fee or not.  I stopped reserving once uber started charging extra.

• Thanks 1

OP returning with our outcome:

We were booked in advance @$53 to go from Logan to Long Wharf. We were not matched. When we landed we walked out to the app pick up place and booked. It took less than 5 minutes to be on our way with Uber and the cost was $33 + tip.

• Like 1