Price dropped, now what?

17 minutes ago, C & C Love to Cruise said:

I just noticed my cruise for Dec 2025 has dropped $ 200.00.  Can I call Princess and ask for the price difference or do I have to rebook? 

Our travel agent just took care of this for us.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, C & C Love to Cruise said:

I just noticed my cruise for Dec 2025 has dropped Can I call Princess and ask for the price difference or do I have to rebook? 

Call your TA or ask for a Princess Vacation Planner.  They should be able to rebook for you.  Unfortunately, in my case I had to cancel and rebook.  I was in an accessible Mini-Suite MA, which I could book online for the same price as a Mini MB.  When they tried ti rebook in the same cabin, the price actually went up.  Didn't make sense to me, but that's what I had to do.  

Edited by cruisinsince75
spelling

Our TA recently got us a $1,042 price drop. He spotted the drop and put a hold on it and then called for our approval. Heck, yes! This was on a weekend. Great service from our TA. Princess decided to go the easy route. They kept the same booking number, OBC, etc. and just adjusted the price.

Note: This was the second change to this cruise. The first time the price dropped by $38 and there was an extra $400 OBC. Princess made him cancel and rebook for that change. One never knows how Princess will do things.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, C & C Love to Cruise said:

I just noticed my cruise for Dec 2025 has dropped $ 200.00.  Can I call Princess and ask for the price difference or do I have to rebook? 

This is the reason I use a Princess Vacation Planner to book my cruises.  I can do the same thing online, faster and for the same price, but when I need assistance I have a person to talk to that I have a personal relationship with, and not a random person in a call center who takes calls on behalf of Princess.

I booked a Hawaiian cruise for next April with my vacation planner, using the web to pick my dates, cabin etc.  I caller her up and said I want to book this cruise, on this date and this is the cabin I would like and I put down a deposit for the same fare I would have if I booked it myself online.  But two months later, the fair dropped by $900 and instead of having to call random people, I just called her and said, that trip I booked with you has gone down in price, please "refair" the booking and she handled it in a few minutes.

She's also helped me with other booking issues, such as missing cruise credit and plus/premier package problems.   Yes, I get occasional emails and phone calls informing me up upcoming events, but it's worth it to me to have a real person to go to for problems.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, C & C Love to Cruise said:

What do I need to do to get a Princess Vacation Planner?

Call 1-661-901-1172 and ask for one, be specific that you do not want / accept a Princess Promotions person. Believe there's also a 200 OBC now so ask for that. 

Refare -> drop price, simple selection for them 

Rebook -> change promo. Might be beneficial. 

Both leave everything else as-is

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, C & C Love to Cruise said:

What do I need to do to get a Princess Vacation Planner?

IME, you get assigned to one when you book. They may or may not respond to your emails. When mine didn't, I just called the PVP line and talked to whoever answered. They refared me, no problem.