Coral Princess refurbishment- has it happened?

luvtravel

We’re thinking of booking the Coral Princess for a cruise in Sept. ‘24 but wondered if they did follow thru with refurbishment to match the Island Princess?  We know the changes to the Island Princess were unpopular - taking away some public spaces and moving the buffet I believe.  Cannot find up to date info except that it was  scheduled for 2024.  Any information would be great.  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, luvtravel said:

We’re thinking of booking the Coral Princess for a cruise in Sept. ‘24 but wondered if they did follow thru with refurbishment to match the Island Princess?  We know the changes to the Island Princess were unpopular - taking away some public spaces and moving the buffet I believe.  Cannot find up to date info except that it was  scheduled for 2024.  Any information would be great.  Thanks!

After the uproar after what was done to the Island I would be very surprised if the do that to the Coral

• Like 1

Last I heard, it’s a 3 week dry dock to be finished before sailing Oct 17, 24.

But, it’s to be more of a maintenance dry dock, carpets, general maintenance, etc.  Not a refurbished one.

It does have a smaller IC, but sufficient and cozy.  We loved the ship.  Smaller, but didn’t seem really crowded to us.

It was refurbished in 2019, I believe. 

• Like 2

We will be on the October 17th, 32 day, Singapore to LA voyage.  This will be the first cruise after the dry dock.  We have been told that the dry dock will consist of regular maintenance and no major changes.

I'll report on the updates on my "Live" thread, stay tuned...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Looking forward to your "live" thread, I'll be on the Coral for a 23 day cruise in the Spring.  I'm really looking forward to it, smaller size, public rooms look good.  It actually reminds me of the 1st Royal Princess, I loved that ship, it was special.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your input. We were on the Island last year and my DH really disliked the buffet — so crowded, never anywhere to sit, tables not cleaned b/c of lack of staff. Otherwise we found it ok.     Glad to hear they are leaving the Coral alone.  Cruise date we are looking at is Sept.19-Oct.5 ending in FFL.