I'm no conspiracy theorist, but *****

Got a Carnival fun points Mastercard strictly to earn the free $250 on board credit. Thought I'd double up on the points and achieve the $500 spending minimum by booking my excursions with the new card, and also using a 20% off code sent by Carnival. All of a sudden, nothing is going through. Mind you, I already used this card on a small purchase on Carnival to make sure it works. This is a bad look. 

Scam.jpg

23 minutes ago, squierjosh said:

That was my plan, but thanks for the snarky response. 

I was not being snarky, at least not towards you. Most branded cards aren't great.

4 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I was not being snarky, at least not towards you. Most branded cards aren't great.

I love my Southwest card. We haven't paid for a flight in several years, and this year, almost exclusively due to travel spend, DH flies with me for free - no money or points needed! 

• Like 1

My card failed in a restaurant a couple days after I paid for my cruise. Had to call to get it unblocked, I think it was a security block because I was spending a lot of money in a short period of time. Sometimes security blocks are awesome (catching scammers), sometimes annoying with faulty logic. 

I wouldn't read too much into it, it's a very reliable card.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mz-s said:

My Royal card is 30% interest. Doesn't really matter as I pay i off each month, but wow, that rate...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

I love my Southwest card. We haven't paid for a flight in several years, and this year, almost exclusively due to travel spend, DH flies with me for free - no money or points needed! 

This!! I have a Southwest branded Chase Priority Card as well as a Hilton branded American Express card. We pay for everything with these 2 cards. Whether it's when we order our groceries every other week, get gas, pay insurance, get a candy bar, anything. We fly free and get hotels free thanks to these 2 cards.

I always tell people find a card that fits your lifestyle to get the type of rewards you want. Then just pay that card off immediately / weekly / monthly and you can reap the benefits. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had mine for several years....I'm sure it isn't the best, but when they give me a $1000 toward my cruise when I use points, I can't really complain....pay off each month and don't pay interest (or any cc fees).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, staceyglow said:

The only problem I have with the airline cards like that is I don't like being tied to one airline. I don't live near a "big" airport so I can't choose one airline for all my travel. I prefer other cards with just cash back rewards. Each to their own, whatever works for you!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jeblack1 said:

I have had mine for several years....I'm sure it isn't the best, but when they give me a $1000 toward my cruise when I use points, I can't really complain....pay off each month and don't pay interest (or any cc fees).

I get travel insurance (up to $3000/trip) with mine;  and no foreign transaction fees.  The insurance is the selling point.

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

The only problem I have with the airline cards like that is I don't like being tied to one airline. I don't live near a "big" airport so I can't choose one airline for all my travel. I prefer other cards with just cash back rewards. Each to their own, whatever works for you!

Why are you tied to one airline - you can use any one you want.  It's just nice to have a card that gives you free bags and priority boarding - and like one of the other posters said we haven't paid for a flight or hotel in many years - and we use three different airlines depending on the situation.  I do not get the cruise cards because I normally an at the limit of how many cards you can have before they cut you off from new ones - and I'd rather have the capability of taking advantage of a 100,000 miles sign up bonus (2 round trips) vs $200 for the cruise and a card that isn't worth much after that.  I don't get cash back cards because we don't spend enough to make that worthwhile - vs getting the card with 100,000 miles.  We all have different needs so it's great we have choices!

• Like 1