The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 10th, 2024

richwmn

Today is National Spoil Your Dog Day, National Shapewear Day, and Paul Bunyan Day

Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Meal Suggestion for today - Salmon Sushi Grain Bowl
Drink of the Day - Pisco Sour
Wine of the Day - Angove Shiraz Vinyard Select
Destination of the Day - Samana, Dominican Republic

Today in History:
1675 King Charles II and John Flamsteed lay the foundation stone of the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London
2003 The First Person to Get Married While in Space

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Seattle, Washington 0700-1500

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver

At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 08-11

Nieuw Statendam --- 21 days, round-trip Ultimate Viking Explorer

Reykjavik, Iceland 0800-2300

Noordam --- 7 days, one-way from Vancouver to Whittier

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 08-11

Oosterdam --- 21 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Piraeus-Athens

Istanbul, Turkey 0700-ovn-

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Britain, Scotland Ireland

Douglas, Isle Of Man 0800-1800

Volendam --- 24 days, round-trip Canada, New England Iceland

Grundarfjordur, Iceland 0800-1700

Westerdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Victoria, British Columbia 2000-2359

Zaandam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Skagway, Alaska 0630-2100

Zuiderdam --- 35 days, round-trip Voyage Of The Vikings

Belfast, Northern Ireland 0800-1700

0810World.thumb.png.fee891d442e07190e2c1d0adf9432754.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 25

Good morning dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report. 

Debby with her rain and wind is gone and the sun returned yesterday. Now we are back to normal summer heat and humidity.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

20231104_061216.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Good morning friends!  I had a good night’s sleep and was up on time to work out on the treadmill.  I’m glad I don’t have to do my walking outside in this hot, humid weather.  Right now it’s 73F and will end up 93 and sunny today.  No relief in sight.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the ship location maps.

Well, spoiling our dogs, shapewear and Paul Bunyan all on the same day!  Something for everybody.  I'm sure all the dogs will be happily spoiled by their parents. 🐶 When I read that quote I feel sad so I’ll move on.  I would skip the Salmon Sushi Grain Bowl, am unsure if I’d like the Pisco Sour, and would pass on the Shiraz.  I’m glad the foundation stone for the Royal Observatory in Greenwich was laid on this date.  I enjoyed our visit to it. Getting married in space is something only a select few (2?) people can say!  Let me say thanks to the F&B ladies, Debbie @dfishDixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepardfor their hard work reporting back to us.

Prayers for my DB, twin sister and DD, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our men and women in uniform in the war zones.  Many prayers for our Care group including Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Nancy’s DB, Ann’s DH Pat, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Roy, Debbie, Jack and Terri and Jim. 🙏 Hoping for improvement in health conditions, freedom from pain, resolution to problems physically and mentally, and for those who feel great loss.  Cheers to all cruising and preparing to sail as well as celebrating their special occasion today.  🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyVfor your list keeping skills each day!

Today we have another new port and it’s in the Dominican Republican too.  Samana, DR.  I’ve never heard of it before and haven’t visited naturally.  No links and no photos.  Hoping someone can give us a glimpse of this new port for the Daily.

Wishing DS safe travels today and the same for Maureen @RMLincoln and Richard.  Stay safe and keep well everyone!😊

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thank you for today's daily reports.

It is 66°F and sunny here 

Paul Bunyan day is June 28th.

Spoil your dog day is a very popular day.

I will pass on today's food and drink.

Never been to the Dominican Republic.

Today at 12.30pm is the start of the English soccer season for my team Sunderland.

Prayers 🙏 for all who are unwell and suffering.

I hope everyone has a happy day.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Ready or not we’ll be on our way this morning. Just hoping for the best, haven’t had time to think or prepare for anything other than!  Maybe that’s a blessing. This is a rare gift and I’m so grateful to be able to just grab the moment on our plateau of stability. 

Pisco sours are yummy!

We’ve enjoyed our time at the Royal Observatory.

Blessings to all in need, and as Roy says, Annie and Chuck at the top of the list. 
Cheers to all celebrating, you remind us Life is Good🌈
Smooth travels to all away, Sandi’s traveling family, and us!  
May we all be blessed with protection for staying safe and well!  

Strength, peace and calm to Jacqui!  
Onward! Maureen 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

Lindaler’s DS with an emergency situation

RMLincoln driving to Boston today

Heartgrove having to put Sam down yesterday

Those affected by Debby, with rain, flooding, high winds

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Ottahand7’s DB Nick post re-do knee replacement, with complications

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Luvteaching (Karen)!

Happy Birthday Tbay!

Birth of Heartgrove’s (Jack’s) new granddaughter 8/5!

Dfish post nerve ablation; able to walk longer and without a cane

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for RMLincoln (Emerald Princess Aug 11 to Aug 28) 17d Greenland & Canada

2 days for Haljo1935 (MSC Magnifica Aug 12 to Aug 16) 4d Bahamas

7 days for 0106 (Rotterdam Aug 17 to Aug 31) 14d Best of Norway

MISTER 67 (MSC Seashore to Aug 11) 7d W. Caribbean, ski ww (Rotterdam to Aug 17) 14 Night Britain, Scotland & Ireland, Luvteaching (Discovery Princess Aug 10 to Aug 17) 7d Alaska Inside passage w/Glacier Bay National Park, Horizon Chaser 1957 (Volendam to Aug 20) 24d Canada, NE, Iceland, Cunnorl (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings, St Pete Cruiser (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary

• Like 20
  • Thanks 22

Pisco Sour cocktail:

Chile and Peru bicker fiercely over the Pisco Sour’s origin (and that of pisco, too), but by most accounts, the drink’s genesis is tied to a United States citizen. Expat bartender Victor Morris is believed to have concocted the frothy, smooth cocktail at his Lima bar around 1915 or perhaps the early 1920s. Blending pisco, lime juice, egg white and Angostura bitters, the Pisco Sour is earthy, sweet and tart—a cocktail worth fighting over.

Ingredients;
2 oz. pisco
1 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 oz. simple syrup
1 egg white
Garnish: Angostura bitters

Directions:
Add pisco, lime juice, simple syrup and egg white into a shaker and dry-shake (without ice) vigorously.
Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass. (Alternatively, you can strain it into a rocks glass over fresh ice.)
Garnish with 3 to 5 drops of Angostura bitters. Using a straw, toothpick or similar implement, swirl the bitters into a simple design, if desired.

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 6.40.41 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 23

Thank you for the Daily and Reports!

I think I'd better have a talk with Mahrya...  She tells me EVERYday is Spoil your dog day!!!

I'll pass on the shapewear -- too confining and defining!!

And Paul Bunyan day??  Maybe I'll give him my shapewear!!!

Prayers for each of you and especially for those on our list!!

Have a wonderful Saturday!!!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

@RMLincoln.Maureen.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise tomorrow on the lovely Emerald Princess.

IMG_20240808_115950.jpg

Wow that’s beautiful Graham!  Many thanks. It’s been many years since we’ve been on Princess and a lot has changed. We purchased too late for getting our medallions but that just takes a different line at checkin, probably not the platinum! 🤣
Our last Princess cruise was on tiny Ocean Princess, one of the old Renaissance 5, sold again.  We did a b2b Society Islands out of Tahiti then up to Hawaii, one of our many legs getting back home from Australia when DH didn’t want to fly over 5 hrs!  Trip of our life!  Wonderful memories. So blessed we can make some more!  m—

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good Saturday morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Rain in the forecast for us, I hope it holds off until after Bertie and I go for a walk.

Every day is Spoil your Dog Day in our house.

I think the quote is very true.

I'll pass on the meal, but I'll try the drink and the wine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone (and a few more) on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a terrific day.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Bon Voyage Karen @luvteaching!

Happy Birthday wishes to @Tbay!!

Maureen @RMLincoln Emerald Princess may not be new but we have had many special and wonderful cruises on her.  Our family came with us in 2019 to celebrate our 50th together.  So much fun!  I know you and Richard will have a great time!

Graham @grapau27 good luck to the Sunderland team and I hope they have a very successful season!  You're right, Paul Bunyan Day is June 28th according to NationalToday.com.  But he's big enough we can celebrate him several days and it won't hurt I suppose!  LOL!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich & thanks to Vanessa and our F & B Team

Fun collection of days.  I think you know which I one I will celebrate - spoil your dog day 😉 Of course, Ivan thinks it should be celebrated every day (and some of my friends think it is) 😂 

IMG_2621.thumb.jpeg.0261708e7facfbc2f2210af3db10e761.jpeg

I like the Rowling quote and yum on the Piso Sour.  They are delish in their place of origin.  I don’t know what they do, but they taste better than one you order here.

IMG_2620.jpeg.ff127156df63e4df92e2cf17d4d47a7a.jpeg

We weren’t supposed to get much of Debby and the little bit was supposed to be today.  I went out early yesterday morning to get a couple of pics and it was already raining.  And then it poured. The wind and the rain were pummelling on the house so hard, it woke me up a couple of times.  Not sure how my flowers will have fared. It’s still going so my errands might be delayed.  I’ll be playing it by ear.  Lots to do inside if I can’t get out (boxes and sorting are always staring me in the face).  And if Ivan can’t be walked, guaranteed he will want a lot of fetch time 😂 

IMG_2619.jpeg.458a9de637ef899756ffa1a00486f7bf.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health issues, worries & those that need them.  🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  🥂 

IMG_2627.jpeg.e6890ae863b964e17f1998f84659a7ec.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Good morning, everyone!

It is a nippy 56F right now, cooling the house down nicely.  It is going to be mostly overcast with a high of 70F today.  Sounds perfect for a family picnic in the park.  It won't be too hot for a game of kickball.  I'm making the Mexican Street Corn Salad for the picnic.  We had that as the Meal of the Day a while back.  

@luvteaching  Bon Voyage!  I hope you have a great cruise.

@RMLincoln Bon Voyage to you!   Enjoy every minute!

@Tbay

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.5f275daae66c88a1a96121d28fb26435.jpg

Today's meal is a great one for sushi lovers.  If you aren't a fan of raw fish, you can cook it.  That was mentioned in one of the comments.  I'd sub in riced cauliflower for the rice.  Salmon Sushi Grain Bowl

salmonsushigrainbowl1.png.e59188eb97aa1f643ed1de04bb95d385.png

Here's one for the carrot fans.  The rice/quinoa mixture has a carrot and ginger dressing that goes on it.  I think that would make it quite interesting.  Salmon Roll Grain Bowl

salmonsushigrainbowl2.thumb.png.3c27b0c68076c39c4c318abdf9895e04.png

This recipe uses a sriracha mayo as the dressing and that sounds pretty tasty to me.  The cooked salmon looks wonderful!   Salmon Sushi Bowl

salmonsushigrainbowl3.thumb.png.387c82dbf243fd52825c9e0829927538.png

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 16

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts yesterday. Somewhat strange to get up this morning and not be greeted by Sam. Caught myself thinking last evening that I had to call someone to check and see how Sam was doing. The hardest part of owning a dog - but I wouldn't trade the joy of having their companionship for anything!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 36
  • Thanks 7