Live from Celebrity Ascent Rome to Barcelona August 10, 2024.

Stockjock

Posted (edited)
LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Stockjock! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Stockjock was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

So we are on the ship and so far everything looks very nice, sitting at the world-class bar having a cocktail and I’ll try to provide some updates and post a few photos here and there.

While it is only the first day, the girlfriend seems to like the infinite veranda. I’m not a big fan so far because it gets so warm and then as soon as you open the window, it’s very steamy and hot in the cabin and the air conditioning shuts off and it is extremely hot today in the greater “Rome” area, approaching 100°F.  Otherwise, the room is very nice.

If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

IMG_3196.jpeg

IMG_3203.jpeg

IMG_3216.jpeg

IMG_3220.jpeg

IMG_3223.jpeg

IMG_3221.jpeg

IMG_3230.jpeg

IMG_3233.jpeg

IMG_3238.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3246.jpeg

IMG_3249.jpeg

IMG_3257.jpeg

IMG_3256.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 12

• Stockjock changed the title to Live from Celebrity Ascent Rome to Barcelona August 10, 2024.

Bon Voyage..great ship!

We took the Art and Architecture tour on board ..explains  many of the  beautiful pieces of art! 

I see you already found some of our fav spots on Ascent!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How the other half lives. I think this is Suite 12100. I just happened to be walking by and thought I’d grab a shot since the door was open.

IMG_3261.jpeg

IMG_3260.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

First night sunset off the coast of Italy. Now it’s time to get dressed and ready for dinner. We usually eat a little on the later side compared to most Americans in particular.

IMG_3276.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Every time I’m in the bathroom, I feel like this dude is staring at me. It’s unsettling.IMG_3264.thumb.jpeg.2028406d14310273a08a1172ecc8008d.jpeg

we've haf worse..I covered it up with a bright scarf.. we'd rather have seashells or birds!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, hcat said:

did not care much for this video you can do a better job!

Well, I’m sorry you didn’t like it. I had my girlfriend standing outside. We hadn’t been in the room yet, and I just wanted to put something out quickly.

Here’s one where I just discussed the infinite veranda situation. Maybe you like it maybe you don’t.

Celebrity Cruises Infinite Veranda Discussion Ascent August 10, 2024. 
https://youtu.be/cwx31ginhBs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Breakfast in the Cosmopolitan restaurant. I’m at a sit down and my girlfriend is working out, so we will try the buffet once she’s done and I’ll be able to compare the offerings.

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Well, I’m sorry you didn’t like it. I had my girlfriend standing outside. We hadn’t been in the room yet, and I just wanted to put something out quickly.

Here’s one where I just discussed the infinite veranda situation. Maybe you like it maybe you don’t.

Celebrity Cruises Infinite Veranda Discussion Ascent August 10, 2024. 
https://youtu.be/cwx31ginhBs

nicer  ... 

We enjoy the Inf Veranda cabins.. bed by bath. Had one like that on ASCENT!  She is a great ship!

• Like 1

Napoleon‘s bed and Corsica. I guess he was not a very tall man. I think that I do not recommend this area in the summer. It’s just so very hot and humid.  There wasn’t a lot to do that we could see, so we just wandered around for about an hour and a half, and now we’re gonna go back on the ship and have some gelato.

IMG_3316.jpeg

IMG_3320.jpeg

IMG_3313.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

IMG_3321.jpeg

• Like 6

Agree about not much to do there...our weather was nice.

We had a VERY long guided  tour..booked via X .  There were some awesome natural areas way out from the town,  but it was mostly about Napoleon, as expected 

Our Guide did a bi- lingual tour to accomodate a small group of French speakers..but tour was not advertised as such.  We split off along with others, walked aound a bit and headed back to the ship.

• Like 1

DH says Napoleon was 5'5.  We really enjoyed Ajaccio.  Took the little sightseeing train, came back and got in the water at the beach close to the ship.  Was end of June, so weather was not so humid.  Have a great cruise, we loved our time on Ascent for the TA this spring.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Following along!  Enjoy your sailing! We are booked on this sailing next June for our first Celebrity cruise.  After looking at the infinite veranda, we decided to go with the sunset balcony.

That was probably a good call, although the infinite veranda probably is a little bit nicer when the weather is not so hot. As I mentioned, I prefer a traditional balcony, and my girlfriend seems to like this arrangement.That was probably a good call, although the infinite veranda probably is a little bit nicer when the weather is not so hot. As I mentioned, I prefer a traditional balcony, and my girlfriend seems to like this arrangement.

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

That was probably a good call, although the infinite veranda probably is a little bit nicer when the weather is not so hot. As I mentioned, I prefer a traditional balcony, and my girlfriend seems to like this arrangement.That was probably a good call, although the infinite veranda probably is a little bit nicer when the weather is not so hot. As I mentioned, I prefer a traditional balcony, and my girlfriend seems to like this arrangement.

I’m not sure why it gave me a double post, but I can’t correct it at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2