Help needed checking in please!

I'm trying to check in for our POA cruise in 21 days and am stuck at the photo section.  Not very tech savvy and I think they take their own pictures when boarding in.  Can someone please help me to navigate the check in process?  TIA

7 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

I'm trying to check in for our POA cruise in 21 days and am stuck at the photo section.  Not very tech savvy and I think they take their own pictures when boarding in.  Can someone please help me to navigate the check in process?  TIA

Take a selfie, or have someone take your pic about selfie range..straight on, no hat or glasses. Head shot, plain background.  

19 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

It needs to be a mug shot. Or passport photo. 

Plain background (white wall)

Facing directly into the camera. No cutesy side face. 

No glasses. No head covering. 

No toothy grin. 

High resolution. 

If it tells you that the photo you are trying to take with your computer is not acceptable try clearing he one you have and try again.   After 4 goes it will let you get past the problem and tell you that they will take your photo at check in at the port.

We have that problem every time.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sargemrs said:

I have my passport photo in my pictures but don't know how to transfer it to the correct place.

When you get to the photo part of check in, click the Upload New icon.  It will open a file browser where you can navigate to your passport photo.  On a windows computer, this will usually be under "Pictures" or "Downloads" depending on where you saved it.

image.png.a0825b62a2ca6c278da819769ebd3150.png

Yes do above post.  If your picture isn't accepted, we have got the message proceed, your photo will be taken at check in.  Our first photo seems to go through but the second passengers never does.  

As others have said, don't worry they will just take your photo at check in.

(I'm still trying to figure out why at check in, I was told it was ok to keep my glasses on.)

The problem is that you can't get past this step to get your boarding pass.  Other cruise lines let you skip this and go to the next step when checking in online.  NCL needs to stop assuming that everyone has the tech skills to navigate this step. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sargemrs said:

I have my passport photo in my pictures but don't know how to transfer it to the correct place.

Maybe I can have our kids help me!  Thanks for replying!

I usually have that problem when I try to check in using my computer but you can do it from your phone as well.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

If it tells you that the photo you are trying to take with your computer is not acceptable try clearing he one you have and try again.   After 4 goes it will let you get past the problem and tell you that they will take your photo at check in at the port.

We have that problem every time.

Thank you for this! I just checked in for my Cruise in a few weeks, and followed your advice. After 4 tries, the application allowed me to skip that part of the check-in, and told me to just take my photo at the port. It did allow me to load my husband’s passport photo as his picture.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

The problem is that you can't get past this step to get your boarding pass.  Other cruise lines let you skip this and go to the next step when checking in online.  NCL needs to stop assuming that everyone has the tech skills to navigate this step. 

As has been mentioned, after 4 tries you can move on.

• Like 1

I do check in for both of us.  Have the photos on my phone/ipad from 2022, have used same photos for at least 3 cruises.  Haven’t changed at all, maybe more gray.  I put the. On my computer pre-check in so I am ready.  Will keep using those photos as long as they let me, as they have been acceptable before.  Against a pallet wall, but nothing else on the wall

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ontheweb said:

YA Y! Isn't that a great feeling after all the frustration?

Oh for sure!  I've now printed my e-docs and double checking my hotel, etc. etc.

Going to probably start a new thread about transportation, if anyone knows where the pier is.

Just trying to do last minute details!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 6:29 PM, sargemrs said:

Complete check in on your phone. 

find photos of yourself. Edit them in the photos app on your phone.  Save them on your phone. use them for check in. 

if you don’t have photos, use your phone and take them. 

2 hours ago, sargemrs said:

Oh for sure!  I've now printed my e-docs and double checking my hotel, etc. etc.

Going to probably start a new thread about transportation, if anyone knows where the pier is.

The address of the pier is on your e-docs.  You can look it up on google maps or just give it to your cab driver.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

The address of the pier is on your e-docs.  You can look it up on google maps or just give it to your cab driver.

Oh, thank you for that information.  I didn't know!!  

18 hours ago, philv said:

Just take a headshot selfie. It’s only a security photo.

I could do the selfie, but don't know how to get it onto the photo space, but I got checked in without it, and they'll take our photo onboard!  Thanks for replying!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sargemrs said:

I could do the selfie, but don't know how to get it onto the photo space, but I got checked in without it, and they'll take our photo onboard!  Thanks for replying!

Over 90% of the time they retake all of the photos. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1