Two Adults and one Child

We will be going on a cruise next year. There will be three of us. We have thirteen year old child. I know for me and my husband the beds will be put together, for my daughter Will she have a bunk bed? 

7 minutes ago, pma29223 said:

We will be going on a cruise next year. There will be three of us. We have thirteen year old child. I know for me and my husband the beds will be put together, for my daughter Will she have a bunk bed? 

Depends on what type of cabin you book.  Sometimes they make the couch into a bed, and sometimes there is a drop-down bunk from above.

• Like 2

More than likely you’ll be in a room for 3 people, which generally has the 3rd person on the couch made into a bed. My kids loved the couch, they said it was comfortable. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We have always cruised with 3 of us since DS was a toddler (he is about to start his senior year of college next week).  We have had a couple of ocean views back in the day but balcony or suites are preferable for that bit of private outside real estate. 

Note that on many/most ships the OV cabin averages a bit larger inside at 220 sq foot so a little more breathing room inside for a family of 3.  Balcony cabins are a slight smaller at 185 sq ft inside space but you have that extra outdoor space for morning coffee or a glass wine while waiting for everyone to get dressed for dinner. We always appreciate that little piece of outside space without leaving our cabin to find it.  

We have always had a cabin with a couch converted to bed for DS, he actually prefers that setup as do we (the whole ladder thing to a bunk just always seemed in the way for us in such a small space). 

Hopefully you are starting to look for the ship you are considering now as some cabins go quickly (like OV as they are generally much cheaper) so you may miss out on getting one for 3 people. If you can maybe run into an offer where it has lower deposits this far out you will have a better choice of cabins and can pay over time.  Good luck and hope you have a blast on your cruise!

Edited by Drazil65

The first cruise we were on, it had the pull down bed, above ours, for our son to use. He climbed up once and said Nope! He had no desire to sleep up there, and neither did we. LOL! He just used the couch. And since then, no matter what room we book, he's always had the bed on the couch. He never had an issues with it.

7 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

Ive never seen a bunk in balcony, always couch. 

We've had a balcony room with a pull down bed as well as a couch. Our grandkids took those beds. The pull down was over the couch, so it became like bunk beds.