Are embarkation times enforced at Miami?

Cruise Gopher

Posted (edited)

I just booked my first Virgin Voyages cruise, but I have sailed over 30 times on Celebrity, Royal and others. 

My assigned boarding time I got on VV is 3pm. I was wondering if they enforce boarding times at Miami, or can we show up early at like Noon?

Also welcome any VV tips for my first time. Thanks!

Edited by Cruise Gopher

They do not start checkin/boarding until 1:30 and those will be the priority people.  I was assigned 3:30 and chose to show up about 2:30 and was directed to proceed in by the baggage guys.  There was a line over against the building, and I asked why they were waiting, and he said they had a later time.  EM

As above, check in does not start till 1:30, with boarding minutes after.  Baggage can be dropped off any time after 10, but there is nothing to do in the terminal area other than a small coffee shop.  We fly in the night before and request a late check out from our hotel--they will usually offer 12 or 1.  Boarding is initially rockstars, then loyalty (deep blue extras) and splash of romance purchasers.  Then it goes by time.  

With a 3pm terminal arrival time, my suggestion would be that you show up in the range of 2:15-2:30.  You will  drop luggage, then line up outside the terminal in roped off areas based on your assigned time.  Unless there is some sort of weird event, you will likely be checking in about 2:30 or just a bit later.  Check in and boarding go really fast, and those with later times almost alway get in significantly earlier than their times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Virgin adheres to the assigned boarding time.  If you show up early, you may be sitting around for awhile. However, if the line moves along quickly, you'll get to board earlier than your assigned time.  The system works and keeps everything orderly.  Please don't do what other cruisers do on other lines and show up early expecting to cut the line.

Take a look at Youtube and vvinsider.com for some education about Virgin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Eric&Pam said:

Since you have a ton of sailings with X, you should apply for status match with Virgin.

It won't get you an earlier boarding time, but there are a few nice perks.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club/status-match-loyalty-program

Thanks, yep I’ve already signed up for the status match. 

• Like 1