Will prices decrease after final payment?

catspaw1

On 8/13/2024 at 10:44 PM, zitsky said:

My TA tells me not to reprice because I’ll lose all my OBC.  Does that sound right?

It depends.  I have had it work out where I kept my OBC and there were times where I lost it because it was an onboard booking OBC.  Then again, I have had my TA be able to keep my OBC and reprice to a lower expense.  

We just had our TA change our rooms for our next Celebrity Cruise and was able to maintain my OBC and everything (went from a Sky Suite to a Sunset view Sky Suite). 

On 8/14/2024 at 11:36 AM, zitsky said:

Maybe I’m having trouble because I’m in a group booking with a TA.

I bet that is it.  I have never participated in a group booking so can't say for sure. 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

kept my OBC and there were times where I lost it because it was an onboard booking OBC. 

You should never lose your Book Now onboard booking bonus OBC as long as you keep the same booking number.  It will be adjusted to the new stateroom category and sailing length.  

There may be some other terms with Book Later certificates but I never advise using them anyway.

Edited by wrk2cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if transfer our reservation from Celebrity to a independent TA if they would be able to do anything for us in regard to the pretty massive price drop on our cabin?  Yes, its after the final payment, but its over $2k less than that we paid which is really ridiculous.  I can stomach a couple hundred less, but $2k seems like we were taken advantage of. 

Could the transfer the booking to another date and or ship and reprice it?

3 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Does anyone know if transfer our reservation from Celebrity to a independent TA if they would be able to do anything for us in regard to the pretty massive price drop on our cabin?  Yes, its after the final payment, but its over $2k less than that we paid which is really ridiculous.  I can stomach a couple hundred less, but $2k seems like we were taken advantage of. 

Do you have any OBC you might lose?  Are you just getting a price adjustment or changing category?

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you have any OBC you might lose?  Are you just getting a price adjustment or changing category?

No obc and i dont think changing categories is a option so thats why i was thinking of just switching to another ship/date.  We are in a royal suite, all of which are still available aside from ours, but the next level is PH and there are only 2 and they are now booked or at least blacked out.

3 hours ago, 20165 said:

If you have a good story Celebrity may allow a transfer to another sailing, but you are in a penalty phase so I wouldn't count on it. Just like airlines and hotels, many pay a different price for the same product. Then even if you paid $2000 less when you get on the ship - or look at the move up section on CC - you may still find others who paid much less. OTOH, if all but one of the RS's were booked the remaining one would be higher priced. I usually book the cabin I want, check the pricing before final payment to see if I could get a reduction, and then never look again.

On Unexiting Tuesday sale, our Equinox November TA has shown up 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Exciting_Deals/CEL_Exciting_Deals.pdf

a balcony is $980USD plus $137 tax & port fees , We book the end of last October for $1200 USD including taxes &port fees for 2 

so it usually better to book early 

IMG_7654.thumb.jpeg.b35027af245d17c254748f20fde91d35.jpeg

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

6 hours ago, canderson said:

Which one?

Summit Pacific Coastal September 13. Checked it September 2.

Edited by sasset
clarification

2 hours ago, sasset said:

Summit Pacific Coastal September 13. Checked it September 2.

Pretty doggone slim pickins, but not "sold out" yet

Inside = 4

Prime Inside = 1

Ocean View = 4

Prime Ocean View = 1

Veranda = 2

Prime Veranda = 1

10 hours ago, 20165 said:

You only have a limited amount of time to transfer a booking to a TA. If it's past that time if you booked a nonrefundable deposit you will lose that in the process plus depending on how many days you are past final payment you start to lose a percent of the total of the cruise.

OP here just to report... our TA which I booked the day 2 days after final payment & had a hold on a cabin, has stayed at about the same price. I had been watching cabin availability every day & must have gotten a cancelation as we found a midship balcony on deck 7 which was perfect for us. They have it on exciting deals list but only SVor DV left.

• Like 2