Mariner Number changed to Princess Circle Number

Posted (edited)

I just noticed that my Mariner Number has now been changed to my Princess Captain Circle number.  I called the Mariner Department and they verified that they are doing this.  I never received a notification that this was being done.  Anyone else notice this?

This is only on my account as viewed on my laptop.  It is still the old one on the HAL Navigator app.

Edited by Red Haired Lady
  • Thanks 1

It would be nice if Carnival had one program for all of its brands. They could combine all of my points from HAL, Carnival, and Princess and give me my new status. Royal Caribbean is doing this with Celebrity.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

It would be nice if Carnival had one program for all of its brands. They could combine all of my points from HAL, Carnival, and Princess and give me my new status. Royal Caribbean is doing this with Celebrity.

Royal Caribbean is not doing this. They are not combining points. One must still qualify on each line separately. But you do get to use the highest separately earned loyalty level on each. So no new status, just whatever is the highest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, M&L-Colorado said:

Royal Caribbean is not doing this. They are not combining points. One must still qualify on each line separately. But you do get to use the highest separately earned loyalty level on each. So no new status, just whatever is the highest.

Oh okay, I have should have checked before I posted. In any case, I like that what Royal is doing!

Interesting development, the combining does not surprise me. I know in the past 8 to 9 months Princess has been giving out different Captain's Circle number and changing numbers for long time old Princess passengers. In the old days meaning 10+++ years ago Princess would assign a husband a number ending with the letter A, then the spouse would have the same number ending with the letter B. Then if there was a new spouse they would assign the new person the same number but ending in C. It got rather confusing. It has been recently they have started to get rid of the letters at the end. Although I had heard that some old time Princess cruisers wanted to keep their old number. I received a Princess Circle number over 15 years ago and we have the old system and mine ending with B. We are Elite with Princess and 5 Star with HAL but started with HAL first.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm Elite on Princess as well as Five Star on HAL and my Princess number has not been changed, still ending in an A per the comments above.

Edited by Wehwalt
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wehwalt said:

I'm Elite on Princess as well as Five Star on HAL and my Princess number has not been changed, still ending in an A per the comments above.

Same here for both my wife and I.  We each have our different numbers on HAL and different numbers on Princess, mine ending with an A and hers endingwith a B. 

Last Spring, I had difficulty logging in to Princess to check in for a booked cruise. That's when I learned my Captain's Circle number had been changed to the same as my Mariner number. My passwords weren't affected, nor my cruise histories.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

Me too. Nothing has changed. 
Denise

59 minutes ago, CalGalTrvlr said:

Last Spring, I had difficulty logging in to Princess to check in for a booked cruise. That's when I learned my Captain's Circle number had been changed to the same as my Mariner number. My passwords weren't affected, nor my cruise histories.

Wait - OP @Red Haired Lady said her HAL Mariner number was changed to her Princess Captains Circle number, but you're saying it's the opposite for you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

Wait - OP @Red Haired Lady said her HAL Mariner number was changed to her Princess Captains Circle number, but you're saying it's the opposite for you?

That is correct. I just checked to be sure what I typed was accurate. My Princess # was changed to my Mariner #.

• Like 2

Just now, Haljo1935 said:

To verify, yes my HAL Mariner Number was changed to my Princess number.  In my case I am elite on Princess and first started cruising with them in 1989.  I am 4 star on HAL and first cruise was in 2012. Confusing.    

As I said in my original post, it is still the HAL number in the Navigator app and Princess number when I look at my account on the website on my laptop.

• Like 2

Yes, it has been. My HAL and Seabourn numbers were changed to my Princess/Cunard number. Those numbers have always been the same. On HAL, it was only changed on the Navigator  and not on-line. When I called about it, they had me logout of Navigator and they did a refresh, I logged back in and the HAL number was back. However, on Seabourn it was changed on both and they were not able to change it. Grrrr! 

My DH's was not affected my this at all. This all occurred for me well over a month ago, I believe.

• Like 1

I've contacted journalists at cruise hive, cruise industry news, and sea-trader cruise asking them to look into merge of loyalty numbers. At time of contact, I didn't realize the level of inconsistencies. Not sure if it will go anywhere, but I am VERY curious what the objective is (assuming there is an objective and not more HAL tech none-sense). 

I do have one question (this will probably confuse the issue even more), but for those of you who have had numbers merged, did your new number merge INTO the cruise line you had the most loyalty with? In other words, you had more days on Princess, so HAL number was merged into princess? Or is it the opposite? Or, is there no pattern? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3