The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 15th, 2024

richwmn

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We posted together. Lol

She might think you are going on Cunard the way it looks.  Unless you really are of course, wouldn't that be a coincidence!

@JazzyV Vanessa-that is the sailing that I should have on my signature, it's the one that I have booked and will certainly not be rescheduling.  

• Like 10

Fixed.  I hope I haven't confused everybody.  

And forgive me for dropping in mid-sentence without saying hello.  I hope everybody is happy, healthy, and enjoying their cruises.  

~Bruno

• Like 16

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Dental problem is solved.  We got some dental instruments and Sue will clean my teeth for me.  I will keep the appointment with the dentist.  Maybe I'll like her better than the hygienist.

Quiet day today.  For the past two days I've been swatting flies like no tomorrow and wondering how we got so many of them in the house.  I was looking for dead mice and other rotting garbage with no luck.  Only one lone fly today, probably left over from yesterday.  It seems our source of flies has gone home to her other grandma.  She wasn't great about shutting doors behind her.  

Debbie, it's good to have a hygienist in the family.  I would let the dentist know that you were unhappy with the treatment by the hygienist.  

Lenda

• Like 16

12 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Lindaler’s DS with an emergency situation

Heartgrove’s DSIL with fall and tri-malleolar ankle fracture

Vict0riann’s DH Pat having an angiogram today

Lazey1’s DH with multiple medical issues

Hal Sailer with Lymphoma

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

StLouisCruisers’ twin with upcoming shoulder replacement

Smitty3487’s untiring caregiving

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu’s house is on the market, with lots of interest

Kochleffel feeling better

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for 0106 (Rotterdam Aug 17 to Aug 31) 14d Best of Norway

5 days for TiogaCruiser (Volendam Aug 20 to Aug 31) 11d Newfoundland & New England Discovery

7 days for Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas Aug 22 to Aug 31) 9d Cabada/New England

Haljo1935 (MSC Magnifica to Aug 16) 4d Bahamas ski ww (Rotterdam to Aug 17) 14 Night Britain, Scotland & Ireland, Luvteaching (Discovery Princess to Aug 17) 7d Alaska Inside passage w/Glacier Bay National Park, Horizon Chaser 1957 (Volendam to Aug 20) 24d Canada, NE, Iceland, Cunnorl (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings, St Pete Cruiser (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings,  RMLincoln (Emerald Princess to Aug 28) 17d Greenland & Canada and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary

Thank you for the good thoughta however my Dear Husband is deceased; it is my Dear Son with the multiple medical issues.

Jane

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@JazzyV Would you please remember to add our buddy Bruno @atexsix  onto your cruise list when it's time? Bless you!

Cunard Queen Elizabeth

18-Sept 2025 Alaska 7 Day RT Seattle

Done!

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

She might think you are going on Cunard the way it looks.  Unless you really are of course, wouldn't that be a coincidence!

@JazzyV Vanessa-that is the sailing that I should have on my signature, it's the one that I have booked and will certainly not be rescheduling.  

Great Bruno.

10 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Thank you for the good thoughta however my Dear Husband is deceased; it is my Dear Son with the multiple medical issues.

Jane

Jane, I'm sorry. When I was looking at the list this afternoon I realized my mistake and it was too late to change it. It will be correct tomorrow.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

My apologies Jane, on DH's passing and DS's medical issues.

• Like 9

Good evening, I hope everyone had a peaceful day today. 
We received birthday wishes from our vet for Tux and TeeTee. They are now 2 years old and still have not outgrown their kitten playthings. All my cats have been chipped. 
    Blessings and special prayers being sent for all on our journey.

• Like 17

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I posted kinda late last night askIng for HALS emergency number. My sweet PCC gave it to me and told me if my sister needs me and can't get in touch, she will personally track me down. I love her.

I wish I felt the same about my PCC.🥴🫣

And I hope nobody needs to reach you 🤞

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Luggage made it out to the hall with plenty of time to spare (30+ min). Deadline is 11pm here, not midnight like on HAL, so I had to really drill that in. Being only a 5 day cruise, there wasn't much, but with my foot and shoulder issues, I wouldn't be able to handle self disembark, so I had to make the deadline.

This has been a very smooth cruise, probably the smoothest I've been on. We are rocking just slightly this evening as we head toward Miami, but it's really barely noticeable. I wish they had a location map like HAL does so I could see where we are.🤔

Early breakfast then off the ship 🚢 I've read good and bad comments about the disembarkation process, so not sure what to expect. 

There were 5 ships in port today. We left a bit early, like yesterday, so I guess we're a group of rule followers. Here's my view as we were leaving. It was just too hot to go back out on the balcony, so I took the lazy way out and took the picture from inside my cabin.🫣

20240815_180343.thumb.jpg.dff98ade48d7ad6a1f3a49ebac004e93.jpg

Should have time to pop in from the airport as I wait for my flight.

Prayers 🙏and positive thoughts for all.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Luggage made it out to the hall with plenty of time to spare (30+ min). Deadline is 11pm here, not midnight like on HAL, so I had to really drill that in. Being only a 5 day cruise, there wasn't much, but with my foot and shoulder issues, I wouldn't be able to handle self disembark, so I had to make the deadline.

This has been a very smooth cruise, probably the smoothest I've been on. We are rocking just slightly this evening as we head toward Miami, but it's really barely noticeable. I wish they had a location map like HAL does so I could see where we are.🤔

Early breakfast then off the ship 🚢 I've read good and bad comments about the disembarkation process, so not sure what to expect. 

There were 5 ships in port today. We left a bit early, like yesterday, so I guess we're a group of rule followers. Here's my view as we were leaving. It was just too hot to go back out on the balcony, so I took the lazy way out and took the picture from inside my cabin.🫣

Elizabeth, safe travels tomorrow.

Lenda 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Nice balcony view.

Best wishes for an easy disembarkation tomorrow.

I'm pleased to hear you had a nice cruise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1