Celebrity Edge Main Dining Rooms

TT304

Hi,

We will take Celebrity Edge for Alaska vacation next month. We heard that there are four MDR in Celebrity Edge cruise. Which MDR has best menu (seafood, steak...) in dinner or all four of them are almost same? Can we change MDR every dinner for just want to get experience for each MDR? 

Thank you very much!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TT304 said:

Hi,

We will take Celebrity Edge for Alaska vacation next month. We heard that there are four MDR in Celebrity Edge cruise. Which MDR has best menu (seafood, steak...) in dinner or all four of them are almost same? Can we change MDR every dinner for just want to get experience for each MDR? 

Thank you very much!

Yes you can eat in any of the four MDRs. You can also request all four MDR menus no matter the MDR you are dining in. You can select from all four menus to build your meal.

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Just now, doghog said:

Yes you can eat in any of the for MDRs. You can also request all four MDR menus no matter the MDR you are dining in. You can select from all four menus to build your meal.

To add to this there is a menu that has the four MDR offerings on it.  If you are not given this simply ask for it.

Download the Celebrity App and look at the dining room menus, they might not be totally correct as each sailing they might change a bit.  But the food all comes out of the same kitchen for the dining rooms I believe.  The menus are all the same except for what the above noted, each dining room has a speciality for that dining room, but you can order it from any of the mdr.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

To add to this there is a menu that has the four MDR offerings on it.  If you are not given this simply ask for it.

First I've heard and have never seen a combined menu that has all four MDRs selections listed on it. I've always been handed four individual menus representing each of the four MDRs.

Edited by doghog

36 minutes ago, doghog said:

First I've heard and have never seen a combined menu that has all four MDRs selections listed on it. I've always been handed four individual menus representing each of the four MDRs.

Two weeks ago on Edge we were handed the menu once our head waiter knew we would be ordering off of all. Maybe it’s unique to Edge.

4 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Two weeks ago on Edge we were handed the menu once our head waiter knew we would be ordering off of all. Maybe it’s unique to Edge.

We'll be on the Edge in September. I'll check it out. 

• 1 month later...

I am a bit confused. Not unusual!  We will be on the Edge and the MDR approach will be new to us. We have found in the past the choosing Anytime dining and reserving appropriate times before boarding has worked well. I just tried to do this but after I reserved the first two evenings the option to book disappeared. Is this how it works now?  It says on the website that we will be assigned to one of the dining rooms. 

14 hours ago, john2003 said:

I am a bit confused. Not unusual!  We will be on the Edge and the MDR approach will be new to us. We have found in the past the choosing Anytime dining and reserving appropriate times before boarding has worked well. I just tried to do this but after I reserved the first two evenings the option to book disappeared. Is this how it works now?  It says on the website that we will be assigned to one of the dining rooms. 

The Edge class has no fixed dining. Go to whichever MDR you want whenever you are hungry.

19 minutes ago, dacsmom said:

The Edge class has no fixed dining. Go to whichever MDR you want whenever you are hungry.

I am not looking for fixed dining. I am used to being able to reserve for a time but I gather that isn’t an option in the Edge. Not a big problem. 

18 minutes ago, john2003 said:

I am not looking for fixed dining. I am used to being able to reserve for a time but I gather that isn’t an option in the Edge. Not a big problem. 

You can still reserve a time onboard if you would like. I know some people who like to do that and have had no problem doing so. Just reserve your time for whichever MDR you would like in the morning.

They really need to clarify how this works on Edge ships!!! We booked the Transpacific cruise and follow up cruises. I was told when we booked that all MDR was anytime dining. Fairly recently, I see we can make reservations but many popular, most, are not available now. I understand from others that some have traditional early/late set times which would have been our preference as my wife has a lot of food allergies and it’s easier to explain it once and not every night with new waiters.  Clear as mud!

1 hour ago, eyelovcrusin said:

They really need to clarify how this works on Edge ships!!! We booked the Transpacific cruise and follow up cruises. I was told when we booked that all MDR was anytime dining. Fairly recently, I see we can make reservations but many popular, most, are not available now. I understand from others that some have traditional early/late set times which would have been our preference as my wife has a lot of food allergies and it’s easier to explain it once and not every night with new waiters.  Clear as mud!

It’s been noted many times that the actual options for main room dining on E class ships are never explained in any literature provided by Celebrity.  One basically learns off the experiences of other cruisers as opposed from the cruise line directly; very bizarre and I assume at this point deliberate. 

It gets stranger. Celebrity sent me an email today encouraging me to book the remaining nites in the MDR. I used the buttons in the email and was able to book the remaining three nites in various MDR restaurants