How late can I reboard a ship on the first night of a 2-day port call

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Floundering said:

Coming up, we're in Lisbon for 2 days and trying to find out what's the latest you can re-board the ship on the first night as we're looking to experience Lisbon nightlife?

When a ship does an overnight, you can come and go as you please. 

Also refer to your Celebrity Today for any ship specifics concerning times. 

Edited by doghog

59 minutes ago, doghog said:

When a ship does an overnight, you can come and go as you please.

It all depends on the local rules and the conditions. We've had a couple of overnights where they said if we weren't back by 11 or 12, we would have had to spend the night on land. They will tell you if you need to be back at a specific time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Floundering said:

Coming up, we're in Lisbon for 2 days and trying to find out what's the latest you can re-board the ship on the first night as we're looking to experience Lisbon nightlife?

While the ship is no problem, you'll need to clear port security before you can head to the ship, so you'll want to be 100% sure that they are indeed 24/7 at the Lisbon cruise terminal.  I'd be really surprised if they're not, but would definitely check.

5 hours ago, Floundering said:

Just hearsay that a crewmember informed me that it's incredibly rare for them to not arrange overnight operations as many behind-the-scenes crew members only receive their free time during overnight hours.  Additionally, my WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is the cost of keeping the terminals open overnight is passed on as port fees.  Overnight operations = more employee shifts, more people spending in the country and therefore more in taxes; seems like a win-win for everyone

• Like 1

All you have to worry about is being back  1 1/2 hour prior to departure on the second day.   Unless thee are port restrictions the gangway is open all nigh long.