Most Favorite Drinks on the ship?

valandemmy

I am pretty easy -  I love a good Old Fashion with Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace -  Best I found on VV was at On The Rocks

What do you love and Where do you get it on the ship?

• Like 2

Espresso martini at Sip is my go to, but the pumpkin spice martini they had for the Seven Seas Sippers in September 2023 was great. The Neptune on the new On the Rocks menu is nice too. But I generally go for fruitier sort of cocktails

• Like 1

I like the Orange Blossom and Blackberry Sangria at the Dock. There was a cocktail at the Test Kitchen that had Amaretto in it that was really good. I only had a taste of it and don't remember exactly what it was but I think it might have been their take on a Manhattan. 

I’m going on my first VV cruise in December. Which bar is most similar to a Martini bar on say Celebrity?

Also, does anyone know how much a Tito’s Dirty Martini would be? Or a grey goose dirty martini?

On 8/17/2024 at 5:55 PM, Golfergirl1 said:

Golden Horizon at The Dock. On my last sailing I had my shrimp and drink in front of me before my bags were unpacked. 

I like your style 😉

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 11:58 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

I’m going on my first VV cruise in December. Which bar is most similar to a Martini bar on say Celebrity?

Also, does anyone know how much a Tito’s Dirty Martini would be? Or a grey goose dirty martini?

Never been on Celebrity but I would guess Sip as the closest to a martini bar. 

On 8/17/2024 at 3:48 PM, valandemmy said:

I am pretty easy -  I love a good Old Fashion with Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace -  Best I found on VV was at On The Rocks

I love Old Fashioned's, too. My go-to is Buffalo Trace, as well. I had a very good one last week in London, actually (made with Maker's Mark). I look forward to trying some tasty drinks on our VV cruise next January!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 11:58 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

Nothing close to the Martini Bar but if I had to pick it would be either On the Rocks or Sip. 

• Like 1

I am with you on Old-fashioned or Manhattans. I find it is somewhat bar-tender dependent but I have an excellent ones at the Dock House and the Wake.

• Like 1

Old Fashioned at On The Rocks was really good, though I really did enjoy the Nutty Old Fashioned in the Test Kitchen. And the Mexican Old Fashioned in Pink Agave, which I make at home as an Oaxaca Old Fashioned. Mezcal and Tequila.

For the strongest coffee onboard, order a cappuccino or espresso from Sip Champagne Lounge. Those hand pulled espresso machines are amazing and the coffee is strong. Especially after hours when the Grounds Club is closed.

• Like 2

Whistle Pig 15 year, neat. On the Rocks had it recently on the Valiant. Upwards of $50, and totally worth it if you have remaining bar tab on your last night and just want to blow it out. It was a great treat we both enjoyed. The 10 year was about $30 and also very good.