The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 19th, 2024

richwmn

5 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good warm and sunny and humid morning. Storms are expected this afternoon. 
Today is my DB birthday. It’s also the 2nd anniversary for our car. I’m remembering many of his birthday celebrations when we were on vacation at the beach or in Scotland to see the tattoo. 
The fur babies said we need to go out for dinner tonight, so he doesn’t need to cook.

I hope everyone has a great day

Happy birthday to your DB today.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Diluvian said:

That Girl!

My kids were all raised listening to Free to Be You and Me on vinyl. And then I bought the CD for my grands. But I suspect they don't even play it ... unless it's in the car.

Welcome to CC.

Graham from England UK.

• Like 13

We haven’t been to Toyama but were  at the nearby port of Kanazawa which has one of the top gardens in Japan.   If you go the top site is nearby Shirakawa Go.   It’s a beautiful town in the mountains with thatched roofs.  We really enjoyed our visit 

IMG_1641.jpeg

IMG_1638.jpeg

IMG_1637.jpeg

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1620.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_1601.jpeg

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, sterling2 said:

Looks like this is included with Amazon Prime. Sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing this.

Welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily.  I'm sorry I missed you earlier.

32 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Late to the party!  Was busy planting a strawberry sundae hydrangea and then the garden work snow balls.  

I will celebrate the galaxy and Coco Chanel and her beautiful designs by sharing a pin I saw she designed.   @trivia addict thanks for the heads up, I’ll watch that documentary.   So much we don’t know. 

@JazzyV hope you get some long lasting relief soon!

@Seasick Sailor prayers all goes well tomorrow! 

Fingers crossed for @kazu

@ger_77 beautiful lake photos!  

IMG_5016.jpeg

Brenda, that is a stunning pin.  She did some amazing work in spite of her checkered history.  I loved the pictures from Japan.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We haven’t been to Toyama but were  at the nearby port of Kanazawa which has one of the top gardens in Japan.   If you go the top site is nearby Shirakawa Go.   It’s a beautiful town in the mountains with thatched roofs.  We really enjoyed our visit 

IMG_1641.jpeg

IMG_1638.jpeg

IMG_1637.jpeg

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1620.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_1601.jpeg

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg

Nice photos.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Quick note, Munchkin is home, heavily sedated with the cone of shame on her head, poor thing. She is so tiny, and it is so big not sure she can reach food.  So Chuck is in with a raised bowl on a silver candy dish, feeding her tuna.  I'm off to work.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Late to the party!  Was busy planting a strawberry sundae hydrangea and then the garden work snow balls.  

I will celebrate the galaxy and Coco Chanel and her beautiful designs by sharing a pin I saw she designed.   @trivia addict thanks for the heads up, I’ll watch that documentary.   So much we don’t know. 

@JazzyV hope you get some long lasting relief soon!

@Seasick Sailor prayers all goes well tomorrow! 

Fingers crossed for @kazu

@ger_77 beautiful lake photos!  

IMG_5016.jpeg

Pin is gorgeous! Her talent cannot be denied. 
Unfortunately, there is so much history that is only selectively taught to us. I hope you do give the program I mentioned a try.

And please post a picture of your strawberry hydrangea. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@trivia addict thank you!  The one I planted today is not flowering yet but I’ll post Some of my others.  Some change from white to pink,  and then bronze.  Quickfire is one of them.  We can only grow hardy ones here as we are zone 3.    

@USN59-79 we did take a HAL tour which was just a bus with drop off.   Most of the town is quite small so we just wandered  through it.  Highly recommend you see it.  I will guess it may actually be closer to Toyama.  If that’s the case than you may want to visit the beautiful gardens in Kanazawa.  

IMG_1977.jpeg

IMG_1976.jpeg

IMG_1972.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 7

Welcome to @trivia addict, @sterling2 and @Uncle Diluvian!  This is the most wonderful place to be on in the entire universe.Except for the Starship Enterprise.  

The kittens deal with seperation from their mother in different ways.  The little female is fine (plus she is a vampire besides being a cat, the little solid black one keeps sticking his paw under her door, and Turnip is attacking everyone, and every thing.

Tigger (not her child) sits outside her door and cries.  Who knew,  Kitty love.She was in heat when she went in for her surgery, and even though he is neutered, I think he has memories....

• Like 17
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Tonight I took my golf cart ride shortly after sunset and could see the moon behind the trees.  Just after I got back home, the moon was just rising above the trees.  For a few minutes it was beautiful, huge orange ball.  Worth being outside even though it was still 95F with no breeze.  We justnreceived an excessive heat warning for tonight.  It is 92F and feels like 95F.  Our overnight low will be 78F about 7am.  

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Quick note, Munchkin is home, heavily sedated with the cone of shame on her head, poor thing. She is so tiny, and it is so big not sure she can reach food.  So Chuck is in with a raised bowl on a silver candy dish, feeding her tuna.  I'm off to work.

Annie, I'm glad Munchkin is home and doing well.  Way, way back when we had cats and had them spayed and neutered, vets never used  the cone of shame.  Somehow, the all survived unscathed.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17

20 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My sister is ready for surgery tomorrow. She's playing her last game of pickleball for awhile and going out for a luncheon with her friends. Please send her a prayer.

Prayers for you sister and very best wishes for her surgery today 🙏 

@1ANGELCAT happy birthday to your DS

12 hours ago, bennybear said:

IMG_5016.jpeg

That is gorgeous, Brenda 

your pictures are wonderful as usual 🙂 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2