Full Boat or Not

Anyway to figure out if the ship is near capacity on a cruise you have booked. We are leaving NYC on Sept 29 on the Breakaway for 7 nights to NE/Canada and would just like to get a idea if the ship will be near capacity.

Thanks for your time,

Bob

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bobby Winds said:

Anyway to figure out if the ship is near capacity on a cruise you have booked. We are leaving NYC on Sept 29 on the Breakaway for 7 nights to NE/Canada and would just like to get a idea if the ship will be near capacity.

Thanks for your time,

Bob

You can expect the ship to sail at >100% capacity based on 2 per cabin. The number of NE/Canada cruises per year is very limtied and they pretty much are all full. A mock booking real won’t tell you much and is not worth the effort it takes to do it. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

People sans kids are more likely to book the fall cruises because the schools are in. Some want natural air-conditioning up there from hot states/countries. Others want a break from the hurricane alleys. 

Lastly, they want to see fall colours. 

My experience on the Pearl Fall colors cruise to Quebec City last year is that the ship was pleasantly full but not obnoxiously crowded. Very few young people- loads of seating available at every venue excepting the popular games in the atrium. Hot tubs were not crowded nor was the spa. A room that might hold 4 people (2 parents, 2 kids) is going to be more likely to hold just two adults who have the money and free time to go on vacation at that time of year. We had a very nice and relaxed time. Enjoy!

NCL will also adjust pricing ahead of sailing in order to fill the ship. 

Definitely something I noticed on the end of season Med cruise my bestie and I are taking in a couple of months. We paid just over $4,000/pp for a 2 bedroom Haven suite on a 10-night Prima cruise. 2 weeks ago (we upgraded last week), there were several cabins across multiple Haven categories. It is now sold out. Club Balcony Suites are currently selling for $2,300/pp. We originally paid $3,700/pp last September.