HELP Have B2B cruises on ships but APP only sees one!!!!!

We are booked on B2B cruises in Feb 2025.  The first is Majestic (Feb 4-18)and second is Enchanted (Feb18-28).  When we open the App it only shows the Majestic Feb 4-28.  We have no problem booking Speciality dining on the Majestic however starting on Feb 18-28 it does not show any speciality restaurants and we are Premier.  We have tried signing out of App and signing in with the Enchanted booking number but it still opens up saying Majestic Feb 4-18.  

We have tried calling Ocean Ready and dining and they keep saying they are escalating the issue but nothing has changed in several weeks.  Guest services says it is a technical glitch that they cannot take care of.  Now we are being told that we will have to complete first cruise to be able to book specialty dining on second cruise.  As we are Elite and Premier on the second cruise we want to secure our reservations in the speciality dining.  I have exhausted all the ways of trying to get this fixed.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Has anybody ever had this problem?

P.S.   I have already contacted my travel agent every day.  I have because the travel agent is ME!  I would not normally post here with a problem but I’m stumped.

• Like 1

My only suggestion is to contact Princess and ask for a PVP. I really don't know if it will work or not, but I guess it is worth a try.

By the way your two cruises are normally referred to as side by side. Back to back normally refers to being on board the same ship. 

• Like 2

We have the exact same problem.  We're getting off the Majestic and going over to the Star. We've been told it could be because the Star isn't sailing yet but that must not be true since you are going to an older ship. We've had it escalated to IT 4 times and nothing has changed.  As far as the "showing up after completing the first cruise", that is unacceptable!  We can't even accept the passenger contract or order our medallion. And the weird thing is that the Star showed up in the app right after booking and then quickly disappeared before we were able to do anything on it. So I know it's possible!  Hopefully someone figures it out.

I feel your pain. We have 5 cruises starting January 2025 that have been showing up as 1 on the app. The first is B3B on the Enchanted, then right to the Sun, then one night in Ft Lauderdale before getting on the Emerald. I saw the issue when booking, but waited until I got off an Alaskan cruise to notify Princess of the problem. I had already done all the troubleshooting I could on my end. This was in May. I was told the same thing as you. It would be escalated. After some time, I PM'd on Instagram. I was given instructions for troubleshooting that I had already done. I went back and forth with them for some time. They told me to use the Web Version. When I did that specifically using Sun Princess in February, it pulls up the dining for an Alaskan cruise in May! Things are definitely messed up! I was finally told it would take 2 months. After 2 months, I reached out again and was told it would be another 2 months. I'm not that worried about dining, although it is nice to plan ahead. I'm most worried that the app will not work once we get onboard. We have been on 25 Medallion Class sailings and really love the app features. We are as frustrated as you with this problem. Will it ever get fixed?

Posted (edited)

I’d make sure you all have the updated version of the App.

Then sign out of the website and the downloaded App.

Delete and reinstall the App.  If it still is the same issue, make sure to try different device and browsers too.

Finally, if all still fails, try again calling Princess.. option Ocean Ready.  SbS cruises should not be shown as 1 cruise.  I did get a trained OR rep about a month ago.  But, call during the week, not on the weekend.  Or, ask for a PCL CVP for help, as was suggested by @skynight.  They may help, however, my CVP, said they can’t help much with the IT issues. YMMV

The Star is another story, because it has not been loaded correctly in the App.  So, that may not be corrected for a long time.  

The last update by PCL, during the MDR switch, really caused issues for dome guests.

Your title should be S2S instead of B2B.  Moderator could change for you.  Click 3 … dots upper right corner, report, ask for a change. JMO

Let us know

Edited by PacnGoNow

Their IT dept is truly terrible.  I just got off of a B2B.  Two 7-day cruises on the same ship. The app would ONLY see it as a 14-day.  Nothing could be done I was told several times.  The app forced the 14-day price for wifi, which wouldn't have been a problem except I was planning on buying for one leg, and my travel friend buying for the next, splitting the cost. Ended up having to get Guest services to allow her to pay half the cost on my folio, and that was after a lot of back and forth.  Originally they were not going to allow it. 

Anyway back to the app issues.  I argued that if the app saw it as a 14-day then why wasn't I getting my 14-day OBC?  Of course I was only getting my two 7-day OBC which was mildly irritating.  I kept saying to pick one, and stick with it.  Is it a 14-day (according to the app) or two 7-days (according to my booking)?  Stop mixing/matching what suits you better, Princess. 😡

OP, hope you get some resolution to the app issue.  Though I think the app doesn't do enough to keep cruises separate.  I've got a 6-day and a 14-day in the fall.  Currently they are one sailing. 🤷🏻‍♀️  The only "good" thing is the folio rolls over to the next sailing.  So if you don't spend all your OBC, it will be rolled over to the following cruise.  Not sure that would work for a side to side booking such as yours. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Their IT dept is truly terrible.  I just got off of a B2B.  Two 7-day cruises on the same ship. The app would ONLY see it as a 14-day.  Nothing could be done I was told several times.  The app forced the 14-day price for wifi, which wouldn't have been a problem except I was planning on buying for one leg, and my travel friend buying for the next, splitting the cost. Ended up having to get Guest services to allow her to pay half the cost on my folio, and that was after a lot of back and forth.  Originally they were not going to allow it. 

Anyway back to the app issues.  I argued that if the app saw it as a 14-day then why wasn't I getting my 14-day OBC?  Of course I was only getting my two 7-day OBC which was mildly irritating.  I kept saying to pick one, and stick with it.  Is it a 14-day (according to the app) or two 7-days (according to my booking)?  Stop mixing/matching what suits you better, Princess. 😡

OP, hope you get some resolution to the app issue.  Though I think the app doesn't do enough to keep cruises separate.  I've got a 6-day and a 14-day in the fall.  Currently they are one sailing. 🤷🏻‍♀️  The only "good" thing is the folio rolls over to the next sailing.  So if you don't spend all your OBC, it will be rolled over to the following cruise.  Not sure that would work for a side to side booking such as yours. 

No, it should not roll over on a S2S at all.  Because, that is 2 different ships, separate folio’s.  

They seem to be struggling with this fix of combining S2S sailings.  It’s been an issue for several months now.

It is important to decide if you want to book your trip as a 14 day trip or two 7 day trips, as wifi is an issue, Stock OBC, rollover of OBC and of course the price of the cruise.  Dining you can get around that, if you have problems booking, by using the website version of the App.  USUALLY!  🙄

Edited by PacnGoNow

32 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, it should not roll over on a S2S at all.  Because, that is 2 different ships, separate folio’s.  

They seem to be struggling with this fix of combining S2S sailings.  It’s been an issue for several months now.

It is important to decide if you want to book your trip as a 14 day trip or two 7 day trips, as wifi is an issue, Stock OBC, rollover of OBC and of course the price of the cruise.  Dining you can get around that, if you have problems booking, by using the website version of the App.  USUALLY!  🙄

I do understand that a S2S would be different, but does the app see it like that? LOL!

I don’t disagree about the choice of how to book, but there was not an option to book a 14-day b/c it was “sold out”. 🙄🤔 And yet we were allowed to book B2B in the same cabin which made no sense. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted (edited)

Just to add to the frustration. I have 4 cruises booked (b2b2b2b) starting mid January. All have different booking numbers. None were offered as combined sailings. For cruises 2, 3, & 4 I was able to reserve an MDR dining time. The program will not allow me to select a dining time for the first cruise. It gives me some sort of error message indicating that the cruise is not available, I can't remember the exact wording. I gave up. I'll deal with it on board, go to anytime or the buffet.

Princess programing is terrible. Princess needs to pay more attention. I think one of the problems is that those in charge can't really define what they want the programmers to do. Everything seems to be sliding down hill since the current President took over. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

The app is c$ap when it comes to B2B bookings. It was four years ago and it still is. We have never been able to make dining reservations with B2B bookings; it always says nothing is available although others who are booked for a single cruise have no issues. If the B2B bookings include one guest leaving the ship after a cruise or two, or coming onboard after the first cruise or two, the app nearly explodes. My husband was once asked by a waiter if I was joining him for dinner. My photo still showed up as cruising with him though I had gotten off the ship on the prior turnaround. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, skynight said:

Just to add to the frustration. I have 4 cruises booked (b2b2b2b) starting mid January. All have different booking numbers. None were offered as combined sailings. For cruises 2, 3, & 4 I was able to reserve an MDR dining time. The program will not allow me to select a dining time for the first cruise. It gives me some sort of error message indicating that the cruise is not available, I can't remember the exact wording. I gave up. I'll deal with it on board, go to anytime or the buffet.

Princess programing is terrible. Princess needs to pay more attention. I think one of the problems is that those in charge can't really define what they want the programmers to do. Everything seems to be sliding down hill since the current President took over. 

Did you try signing out of the App and the website?  Then sign into the website, cruise personalizer, website version of the App, to see if the first sailing is available?  
Or, anyone on your roll call, first sailing, can verify if

it really is not available for booking?

Crazy😳

Or, just give up, until OB.  🙄

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, walkingsoon said:

I heard that they're going to fix the app soon. Of course, that was five years ago that I heard that.

Walkingsoon

The person who told you that is like me, "soon" for me actually means "not today" so in my book that person is correct.

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I have tried them all.  Not surprised to hear 

similar stories. 

I must  have spoken to guest services many times too many to count.   I actually tried again today to speak to Ocean Ready dining and the rude person I spoke to hung up on me.  Her name was Jess. Right at that moment I got a call from Princess.  Thought it was her calling back.  It was actually someone from guest services that I spoke to earlier this week.  She actually followed thru and is in the process of trying to confirm my reservations.  Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thanks again for advice.   Will follow back if it works.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a similar problem with a cruise we booked for 2026.  In the app, I could only book dining for our 2024 cruise, it would not let me see our 2025 or 2026 dining options.  I went to the web version and was able to book for all 3 cruises.

After a LOT of work, I was able to see dining for our 2026 cruise, but had to log out of everything and then log into the app using my booking number.  When I did that several times, about 50% of the time, I was able to see the 2026 dining - the other 50% of the time I still saw our 2024 dining only.  It was very random.  The website version of the app is much better for booking dining.

On 8/23/2024 at 4:47 PM, gailisacruzin said:

I must  have spoken to guest services many times too many to count.   I actually tried again today to speak to Ocean Ready dining and the rude person I spoke to hung up on me.  Her name was Jess. Right at that moment I got a call from Princess.  Thought it was her calling back.  It was actually someone from guest services that I spoke to earlier this week.  She actually followed thru and is in the process of trying to confirm my reservations.  Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thanks again for advice.   Will follow back if it works.  

Please come back and let us know if you get anything figured out.

On 8/23/2024 at 9:16 AM, dreams_of_travel said:

Their IT dept is truly terrible.  I just got off of a B2B.  Two 7-day cruises on the same ship. The app would ONLY see it as a 14-day.  Nothing could be done I was told several times.  The app forced the 14-day price for wifi, which wouldn't have been a problem except I was planning on buying for one leg, and my travel friend buying for the next, splitting the cost.

Your post got me concerned. We are doing a B2B2B next year (all on the same ship). Segments 2 and 3 are the result of a moveover offer and include Premier. Segment 1 was booked separately and is Standard. So I was concerned that when I would go to buy Internet, it would want to charge me for all three segments. But just checked the app and that part of it has all three separate, recognizes that we have Premier for segments 2 and 3, and only wanted to charge me for the length of segment 1. So that's good.

So that leaves me wondering if I should buy it in advance (but just a few days - not paying for it now six months out) or wait until onboard. We will have a lot of refundable OBC on segments 2 and 3 due to the moveover. If the folio rolls over from segment 1 to segment 2, then that OBC essentially can be used to pay the segment 1 charges. In the long-run, it doesn't matter since it's refundable but would reduce how much refund we'll be waiting for afterwards.

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

Your post got me concerned. We are doing a B2B2B next year (all on the same ship). Segments 2 and 3 are the result of a moveover offer and include Premier. Segment 1 was booked separately and is Standard. So I was concerned that when I would go to buy Internet, it would want to charge me for all three segments. But just checked the app and that part of it has all three separate, recognizes that we have Premier for segments 2 and 3, and only wanted to charge me for the length of segment 1. So that's good.

So that leaves me wondering if I should buy it in advance (but just a few days - not paying for it now six months out) or wait until onboard. We will have a lot of refundable OBC on segments 2 and 3 due to the moveover. If the folio rolls over from segment 1 to segment 2, then that OBC essentially can be used to pay the segment 1 charges. In the long-run, it doesn't matter since it's refundable but would reduce how much refund we'll be waiting for afterwards.

I don't know how the app will behave once you are onboard the ship.  Your logic sounds good in regards to OBC rollover etc.  It is the unknown aspects (rather the parts they don't tell us) that makes it annoying to deal with in the end.  Refundable OBC is nice to have, and I understand why you'd be reluctant to use it.  OTOH, either way you will be "paying" for wifi so you may as well use the free money to do so.  YMMV 

Here's the thing that struck me as "dumb" concerning the app, and being onboard:  my upcoming B2B (6-day and 14-day) wasn't an issue when I bought wifi about 4-5months ago using the app.  I was buying before the cruise (not using OBC)  b/c of the price increase, and wanted to lock in the previous price.  It was no problem, seeing both cruises as separate.  My recent onboard experience with purchasing using OBC is an app issue merging the two together.  It seems dumb, and there appears to be an unknown date where the app automatically merges the cruises together.  I just went into the app to make dining reservations for my Nov B2B cruises, and it is now merged.  🤷🏻‍♀️  It would nice if they would let us know when the app will do this so we could plan accordingly. Also, YMMV.

The difference between your situation and mine is you had no pre-paid Internet while I do for segments 2 and 3. So once on board, will the app recognize that? It may be that the app saw you were on board for 14 nights so only offered you 14 nights yet for me will see while on board for multiple segments, that only the first segment does not have Internet. Or it might not.

One thing I realized on the latest cruise is that the app is really two different apps - a pre-cruise app and an on-board app with different functionality in each. When you're on board connected to the ship's WiFi, you can't access the pre-cruise part for any future cruises you have (but as soon as you get off the ship in a port and are off the ship's wi-fi, it switches back to that). So while I know the pre-cruise part of Internet purchasing will work correctly, I have no idea what the on-board part will do.

Regarding the merging, when we booked the moveover part of our upcoming cruise (11+ months ahead of departure and B2B as the only way to take advantage of the extra nights they were offering), they immediately showed up as one cruise on the app. When we added the first segment in front of it, it was a couple of weeks before they showed up as one cruise. When we able to book dining, when I requested traditional dining for the first night, it added it for all nights across all three segments so that part worked as desired for us.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, greenie082756 said:

We have 3 booked cruises which we can see in the app.

go to the bottom, click profile, then there is a page called My Journeys.

They should all be there. 

No they are not. I know how to do it and they are not there. I have three cruises booked on two different ships. All I have showing is two sailings on the same ship. And one of them is the sailing of two different ships merged together and listed under the first ship.

I get what you are saying. We did a back-to-back and even though they were two different booking #'s they merged them together since they were on the same ship.

If yours are not back-to-back then I can see why you are frustrated.

Sorry, I tried to help. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get this resolved? We have the same  situation (a side to side cruise)and just get the runaround. Every time I call they say they are escalating it to their IT department but nothing gets done.