Koningsdam

We are booked on either the last or next to the last cruise on this ship from San Diego . where she has been ported except fpr the Alaska season . She always sailed full from San Diego but  this Pinnavle Class is far different than Nieuw Amsterdam which is taking Koningsdam's place .   It remains to be seen how popular the replacement ship will be here 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kay S said:

What's important to me is the port, not so much the ship.  I can drive to San Diego.  Just keep docking there, HAL!

We love cruises from San Diego-easy 3 hour non stop flight for us.  Doesn’t matter which ship either. 

• Like 4

Ship matters to me!  Love the Koningsdam!  Would miss the Dutch Cafe, BBKing and more. San Diego is also easy for me but guess now I have to head across the country to sail on a Pinnacle class ship.

I know, there's always Alaska however, I am from the NW and have done Alaska many times. Very disappointing Koningsdam no longer does Hawaii.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sherry H said:

Ship matters to me!  Love the Koningsdam!  Would miss the Dutch Cafe, BBKing and more. San Diego is also easy for me but guess now I have to head across the country to sail on a Pinnacle class ship.

I know, there's always Alaska however, I am from the NW and have done Alaska many times. Very disappointing Koningsdam no longer does Hawaii.

As the OP knows very well, the KDAM is only going to be on the East Coast for the Fall/Winter of 25-26, in order to get a drydock. Then she will be back on the West Coast. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

As the OP knows very well, the KDAM is only going to be on the East Coast for the Fall/Winter of 25-26, in order to get a drydock. Then she will be back on the West Coast. 

Are you sure? I didn't think Summer 2026 or Winter 2026 were even out yet.

• Like 1

I know that, but after Alaska 2026, there's nothing to show that the Kdam is staying out west. She could be right back in the Caribbean after Alaska.

• Like 1

Hey CruiserBruce, I am on the Koningsdam going to Hawaii Jan. 2025.  She heads back to Florida on Nov.1st 2025.  She is there until returning to the West coast April 10 2026.  She will then be doing Alaska.  After that.......?

15 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I know that, but after Alaska 2026, there's nothing to show that the Kdam is staying out west. She could be right back in the Caribbean after Alaska.

Knowing the logistical issues with KDAM transiting to Canal, I seriously doubt she will be bouncing back and forth from the Caribbean to Alaska and back.

Posted (edited)

Really sorry to lose the Koningsdam cruises out of San Diego.  The Dutch Cafe and Club Orange created a ship within a ship for us with our aft Deck 4 stateroom.   We enjoyed our cruises north with an overnight in San Francisco and the Hawaii round trips.  ⛴☹️

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Knowing the logistical issues with KDAM transiting to Canal, I seriously doubt she will be bouncing back and forth from the Caribbean to Alaska and back.

How are they going to solve those issues?  Will the K be going through the new locks?  

Just now, oaktreerb said:

How are they going to solve those issues?  Will the K be going through the new locks?  

The three Pinnacle Class ships will have the lifeboats that snuggle in for transit. The Rotterdam and the Nieuw Statendam already have them.

11 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

KDAM absolutely has to go through the new locks. She has only transited once, during Covid, and had to tow a couple lifeboats behind her to make it without damage, per Canal rules. I am not aware she has had any fixes to deal with the problem. 

And, if the KDAM does in fact start bouncing between the Caribbean and Alaska, I would think that indicates she doesn't regularly sell out, as the OP states she does.

• Haha 1