Pirate’s LIVE on the Seashore! 9/1/24 thru 9/8/24

pirate4me2

8 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Ah, great idea!! If there’s a night I'm torn between the risotto and another dish, I’ll do this! 

They will also make a small tasting portion of something for you, if you're just interested in trying it.  Just ask - they're happy to do it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

My wife always gets whatever risotto on the menu "..for the table" 😉  They almost always just end up bringing fun different ones out for the whole week in addition to the one she orders.

Our waiter was Manuel. Every evening after we ordered he’d usually say Bella..let me bring the risotto for you two to taste…….He was wonderful and the fact that he called a 72 year old woman Bella has nothing to do with it!

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

Aaaaaagh! The potato chips in the top sail! I still miss them. Is Jerome still the head bartender?he has a wonderful dry sense of humor. We too ended up spending most evenings in the top sail lounge. I loved the Seashore so much I worry I’ll be disappointed with other ships. Time will tell!

Those dang chips are my downfall! Except last night…they were labeled as jalapeno, but ended up being salt & vinegar! 🤮

Jerome is actually our butler! So far we have Jayesh as our head bartender. 

41 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

They will also make a small tasting portion of something for you, if you're just interested in trying it.  Just ask - they're happy to do it. 🙂

Oh don’t give me too many ideas!

• Like 3

Just now, dream2cruise said:

Are the potato chips available anywhere else on the ship or only in Top Sail?  Potato chips are my weakness, but I will splurge on vacation.

I don’t know. They were always on the snack bar in the top sail. I don’t remember seeing them in any other bars.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the daily agendas.  That is so helpful since we cannot see it before we get on the ship.  We are doing the same itinerary in a few weeks.  Do you think they repeat the agendas for the same itineraries?  I am trying to figure out when to schedule time to play games.

22 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

Are the potato chips available anywhere else on the ship or only in Top Sail?  Potato chips are my weakness, but I will splurge on vacation.

The Shine bar also had them recently

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

Outside YC we have often been offered potato chips when enjoying a beverage just prior to dinner. I have seen them being put out on tables in the various bar venues about 4:30/5:00. If there were none where we sat down husband would ask and receive them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Outside YC we have often been offered potato chips when enjoying a beverage just prior to dinner. I have seen them being put out on tables in the various bar venues about 4:30/5:00. If there were none where we sat down husband would ask and receive them. 

That is awesome.  I did not notice this when we were on Seashore in December.  I especially enjoy flavored house-made chips but plain with salty are also yummy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mommapadraig said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b5962239b32924e6c9653cba6900733f.jpeg

He was in TS making coffee this morning! 

1 hour ago, dream2cruise said:

I am not sure, but it looks like others have commented they’re available! 

58 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

Thank you for posting the daily agendas.  That is so helpful since we cannot see it before we get on the ship.  We are doing the same itinerary in a few weeks.  Do you think they repeat the agendas for the same itineraries?  I am trying to figure out when to schedule time to play games.

I bet they probably repeat agendas for the same itinerary. 

• Like 1

After breakfast, Chris and I headed to the Topsail Lounge to just chill for a bit. They were setting up for the captain’s cocktail reception, but welcomed us in. I got an iced tea and a glass of champagne. The reception started at 11, and they had little nibbles they brought out, and they introduced the YC staff and the upper ship management. The dance instructors also did a show for us, and the jazz duo played for us. The jazz singer has such a nice voice! It was a nice little party. 

IMG_3453.jpeg

IMG_3452.jpeg

IMG_3458.jpeg

• Like 5

After the cocktail reception, we headed to the room to change for some pool time. We saw Magnifica passing by as we were changing.  The YC pool deck was hopping, but not over crowded…still lots of loungers to be found and room in the pool. The pool water wasn’t cold, but not hot…lukewarm. We spent about an hour in it, then decided to check out the lunch buffet. Caprese salad (delish!), lamb, calamari, fries, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, assorted desserts, and more. I got the caprese, a burger, fries, and cheesecake. All were good, but the caprese was the star! 

IMG_3481.jpeg

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

IMG_3485.jpeg

IMG_3486.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Fried for the arepa. Tea was unsweet (they brought sweeteners if you wanted them) and had a flavor almost like hibiscus maybe? Not as tart as lemon. 

Thank you.  

6 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I enjoyed an espresso martini, then an old fashion made with tequila.

I like espresso martinis'.  

Our middle grandson recently introduced me to the Tequila Old Fashioned.  I am going to have to see how good the bartender on Seascape makes them.

• Like 1

We went to the Master Chef @ Sea show in the Madison theater at 2. It was cute. When we left there we just kinda wandered for a bit. I love the photo op area with the hot air balloon! We ended up stopping at the sports bar for a few drinks. Service was a bit lacking, but whatever. We left at 415 to go to the Le Cabaret Rouge for the Voyagers Club party. They provided champagne, wine, nuts and chips, and it was nice.

IMG_3487.jpeg

IMG_3489.jpeg

IMG_3492.jpeg

IMG_3493.jpeg

IMG_3494.jpeg

• Like 5

We decided to head to dinner at 6:45, and I was surprised there was no wait. I opted to be brave and try the seafood salad app…I could not bring myself to eat the calamari, but the rest was delish!! Chris and I both got the chicken kiev as our main, and oh my gosh, it was yummy! Chris said he could have ate 2. For dessert I got a plate of blue cheese (a bit disappointed they didn’t make it pretty tonight, but whatever) while Chris got ice cream. 

I went to the room to change into shorts for the rest of the evening, and I used the Nespresso machine to make some coffee while I was there. I’ve fallen in love with that thing y’all now! We then headed back to Topsail for drinks (Chris drank a “something bourbon” that looks like a chocolate martini and then we played cards for a bit. Perfect evening!

IMG_3495.jpeg

IMG_3496.jpeg

IMG_3498.jpeg

IMG_3499.jpeg

IMG_3500.jpeg

IMG_3501.jpeg

IMG_3502.jpeg

IMG_3503.jpeg

IMG_3505.jpeg

• Like 7