2026/27 itineraries are dropping.

Posted (edited)

Carnival has announce more itineraries this morning for 26/27. This time for Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee, Dream and Breeze. Looks like Mardi Gras and Celebration won't be doing 8day ABCs after April 26 which is a bummer as that was what I was looking to book that summer!

https://www.carnival-news.com/2024/08/27/debuting-more-new-itineraries-for-202627-carnival-cruise-line-will-bring-more-guests-to-half-moon-cay-after-expansion-work-is-complete

Edited by 787cruiser
  • Like 1

Maybe that's because the folks who book on the Excel-class ships typically don't care about itineraries.  Why spend the money to drive all the way down to the ABCs when the customers would be perfectly happy in the Bahamas and Cozumel?

5 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Maybe that's because the folks who book on the Excel-class ships typically don't care about itineraries.  Why spend the money to drive all the way down to the ABCs when the customers would be perfectly happy in the Bahamas and Cozumel?

You probably have a point. The 7 day itineraries on the excels are very uninspiring from April 26 onward. 

Just browsing the available cruises from the port (Canaveral) that interests us - yeah, nothing too "special", so it would be a case of cruising for the ship, Mardi Gras, I suppose, or compromise the ship to sail on Venezia to hit St Thomas (never been there).  Might wait to see what else pops up for a slightly further port (Tampa) - maybe a Panama partial transit in the timeframe we'd prefer.

33 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Lol.  Was just going to do a mock booking to check out what rate codes & deposits are required, and the booking engine appears to be overloaded.  No cabins available at all, it claims.  🤨

Now that sounds familiar

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not much new in what has been released so far, other than the removal of the 6 and 8 for non Galveston Excel class.  

Yeah nothing new or exciting is really standing out. The removal of the Excels from the 6/8 day rotations surely has to mean the Vistas are staying on them and not being tried on the short 3/4 day rotations. 

19 minutes ago, 787cruiser said:

Yeah nothing new or exciting is really standing out. The removal of the Excels from the 6/8 day rotations surely has to mean the Vistas are staying on them and not being tried on the short 3/4 day rotations. 

There are def flip flops coming

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 787cruiser said:

You probably have a point. The 7 day itineraries on the excels are very uninspiring from April 26 onward. 

I was really hoping to get back to St Maarten but it looks like I will have to go with Royal if I want to do that on a 7 day.

59 minutes ago, jasong38501 said:

I was really hoping to get back to St Maarten but it looks like I will have to go with Royal if I want to do that on a 7 day.

I might be wrong but hasn't Carnival mostly done St. Maarten on 8 nighters in recent times?

31 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I might be wrong but hasn't Carnival mostly done St. Maarten on 8 nighters in recent times?

Used be a 8 day with a stop in St. Maartin, St. Kitts and one other stop, though I don’t think they do it anymore, wish they would bring that back. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Just browsing the available cruises from the port (Canaveral) that interests us - yeah, nothing too "special", so it would be a case of cruising for the ship, Mardi Gras, I suppose, or compromise the ship to sail on Venezia to hit St Thomas (never been there).  Might wait to see what else pops up for a slightly further port (Tampa) - maybe a Panama partial transit in the timeframe we'd prefer.

So...my wife and I looked at the available 7-day itineraries, then I mentioned the 14-day cruises on Venezia that include a whack of ports we've never visited...

We are booked for the Feb 2027 "Southern Carib" cruise on Venezia.  Picked a Cove Balcony way up front - we liked that on Breeze.

This will take us (well, me) close to platinum, not that it really matters, but we'll probably do a weekend getaway in between anyway...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I did it on a 7 night on Celebration last year. It was Amber Cove, San Juan and St Maarten.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So...my wife and I looked at the available 7-day itineraries, then I mentioned the 14-day cruises on Venezia that include a whack of ports we've never visited...

We are booked for the Feb 2027 "Southern Carib" cruise on Venezia.  Picked a Cove Balcony way up front - we liked that on Breeze.

This will take us (well, me) close to platinum, not that it really matters, but we'll probably do a weekend getaway in between anyway...

Good cruise and nice ship Prog. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BossyKat said:

I might have to look at other lines if it's all Amber Cove and Celebration Key.

I get that they spent the money but shake it up!

Is the whole schedule out?

2 hours ago, jasong38501 said:

Patience is a virtue

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

I would be-shocked if the entire Caribbean is the same ports.  Will there be a bunch that do their “owned” ports?  Sure. Will a new ship be doing shorter cruises?  If I was a betting man (I am not), the answer is almost certainly yes.  We are pretty much on the same thing, we want the different itins, the new, the unique.  Whether we get that remains to be seen.

36 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Used be a 8 day with a stop in St. Maartin, St. Kitts and one other stop, though I don’t think they do it anymore, wish they would bring that back. 

We did a 14 day Journey on the Breeze, OUTSTANDING intinerary.