Has Anyone Used A Wine Thermos Onboard and Gotten Multiple Pours

We like to visit Vines and other venues for a pre-dinner drink and then have another drink poured to carry with us to dinner.  However, both my wife and I now require the use mobility scooters and it is impossible to drive the scooters and hold onto a glass wine.  Has anyone ever used a wine thermos to transport drinks between venues and are you able to get multiple pours at the same time.  We both have the Unlimited Premier Package and have a 750ml Wine Thermos.  She likes champagne and I prefer red wine.  

TIA

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

We like to visit Vines and other venues for a pre-dinner drink and then have another drink poured to carry with us to dinner.  However, both my wife and I now require the use mobility scooters and it is impossible to drive the scooters and hold onto a glass wine.  Has anyone ever used a wine thermos to transport drinks between venues and are you able to get multiple pours at the same time.  We both have the Unlimited Premier Package and have a 750ml Wine Thermos.  She likes champagne and I prefer red wine.  

TIA

I've not used a wine thermos. I would think if you pour the wine into the thermos, when you get to the dining room, your server will be happy to pour it into a wine glass.

If you are asking if you can get multiple pours at a time, ABSOLUTELY!

I often order 'Doubles' of a glass of wine. The only time that has been a problem is sometimes a bar doesn't have the size of wine glass to accommodate it. People have reported using Ocean Now to get as many as 4 drinks at a time delivered to their stateroom, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by dreaminofcruisin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Has anyone ever used a wine thermos to transport drinks between venues

Yes.  We have poured multiple glasses into vessels just like this (first picture) that hold 20 ounces and have taken them to the pool deck to drink out of Yeti tumblers (second picture.  We do it to abide by the "no glass by the pool" rule, but I can't see any reason why the same process cannot be used to take wine into a dining room. 

Original Bottle | 17oz Green Jasperimage.webp.f1fb65e6891045c655a1478e62c65b8c.webp

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes.  We have poured multiple glasses into vessels just like this (first picture) that hold 20 ounces and have taken them to the pool deck to drink out of Yeti tumblers (second picture.  We do it to abide by the "no glass by the pool" rule, but I can't see any reason why the same process cannot be used to take wine into a dining room. 

Original Bottle | 17oz Green Jasperimage.webp.f1fb65e6891045c655a1478e62c65b8c.webp

Thank you!  Exactly what I was looking for!  I like the Yeti tumblers.  Going to look for them.

On similar note - will the bartenders pour your drink into your container to make it easier to take where you want?  I have no business wandering around with an open-top glass container on a moving ship.

Do I get bonus pours for a historic Princess soda program tumbler?

8 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

People have reported using Ocean Now to get as many as 4 drinks at a time delivered to their stateroom, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I order 8 beers at a time to our cabin ( 4 of a kind seems to be the limit so i diversify). My avatar says it all, my hydro flask has been all over the world.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

15 a day. Do not think they really care much how delivered

Interesting.  Other cruise lines do have policies to try to pace people.  Maybe Princess passengers are less inclined to drink themselves stupid? 

Why not just wait till your seated to reorder more wine?

I'm sure you can get the same wine delivered to your table.

13 hours ago, Need-a-vacation said:

Interesting.  Other cruise lines do have policies to try to pace people.  Maybe Princess passengers are less inclined to drink themselves stupid? 

Like EVERYTHING Princess, I am sure that this varies from ship to ship, bar to bar.  I have no reason to doubt people here who say that they have ordered and received three cocktails at a time.  But I also know for a fact that my daughter has gone up to the bar at the Wheelhouse (on Regal) and ordered three drinks and the bartender required her to point out who the other two drinks were for, as he was not going to giver her all three for herself.  We were on a nearby sofa, so it was all good.  I also recall a time when my wife and I were in Skywalker's on Caribbean Princess back when they used to have a BOGO Happy Hour around 11:00.  Our server informed us of the "unadvertised special" and I said that sounded good to us so I ordered two Guinness, thinking that he would understand that by "two" I meant one that would be paid for and one that would be free.  Instead he brought me four cans, two of which were charged to my account and two of which were free. So one server had no problem handing me four beers and one server would not hand my daughter three cocktails.  So as they say, YMMV, day to day, bar to bar, ship to ship. 

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

But I also know for a fact that my daughter has gone up to the bar at the Wheelhouse (on Regal) and ordered three drinks and the bartender required her to point out who the other two drinks were for, as he was not going to giver her all three for herself.

It's also possible that the bartender wanted to be sure she wasn't getting the "extra" drinks for friends who didn't have a package.

43 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Because Vines has better wine, and you can get it immediately. 

12 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Exactly my point.  Hence the wine thermos makes it easier to travel with.  

I didn't consider that point since the stuff we drink is available everywhere.

Still, couldn't the waiter get it from Vines or isn't that an option? 

I’ve done this!  Sat at vines and ordered double pours until my carafe was full. I now have collapsible water bottles that are easier to pack. I took the wine back to my room to enjoy. Vines has the BEST wine by the glass on board. For those asking, no you can’t get it in the dining room. 

7 minutes ago, Alifay said:

I’ve done this!  Sat at vines and ordered double pours until my carafe was full. I now have collapsible water bottles that are easier to pack. I took the wine back to my room to enjoy. Vines has the BEST wine by the glass on board. For those asking, no you can’t get it in the dining room. 

Can I ask if you were the one doing the pouring (from glass to collapsible water bottle) or did the server at Vines pour it for you?

6 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Can I ask if you were the one doing the pouring (from glass to collapsible water bottle) or did the server at Vines pour it for you?

They will not pour into your container (sanitary reasons). So I poured from wine glass into carafe/water bottle. Make sure you have something wide mouth or bring a funnel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1