Live from the Majestic Japan Cruise on Westerdam Sept 1 - Oct 24, 2024

richwmn

13 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Did the Westerdam get a water salute during sail away?  It was hard to tell on my little phone screen.  If so, why?  Westerdam's coming back, it's not the final cruise of the season. 

Yes, we did. Nice touch.

We are now well underway toward a unique full day in Victoria. I'm looking forward to see a lot of that city and meeting a couple of CCers

• Like 15

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

Yes, we did. Nice touch.

We are now well underway toward a unique full day in Victoria. I'm looking forward to see a lot of that city and meeting a couple of CCers

So I did see it right.  That's fantastic, I've been on a couple ships where they've done it.  Tell the captain to drive slowly.  The Princess Marguerite "Maggie" used to be able to get to Victoria in about 5 hours.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Pinnacle

pinnacledinner-1.thumb.png.b49baa298e3964e5e8317cf9229b10b7.png

pinnaclelunch-1.thumb.png.432d0db53d254da7f5c505b09c48cf36.png

Wow, this updated menu for the Pinnacle Grill is a nice change. It even has some new menu items. Would you be able to post the Pinnacle Grill lunch menu?  

Thank you for taking time from your cruise to share all this information. Enjoy your day in Victoria!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Wow, this updated menu for the Pinnacle Grill is a nice change. It even has some new menu items. Would you be able to post the Pinnacle Grill lunch menu?  

Thank you for taking time from your cruise to share all this information. Enjoy your day in Victoria!

I didn't see pork chops on the menu. 😞

• Like 3

09/02/2024 Victoria, British Columbia 0700-2100

Good Morning from Victoria. It is nice to be back aboard a ship. The temperature is 57°F/14C° under scattered clouds.

Last night we had a nice sail away party on the aft Lido Deck. People really didn’t start showing up until after we left the dock, but then it picked up. We were introduced to the Entertainment Staff and then those who wished participated in a group dance.

The Lido was open for dinner and it was Welcome Aboard Steak Night. We went in and got a table. I got steak, rice, and a small ear of corn. All was pretty good. Everything went smoothly.

After dinner I went to the World Stage for the show. I arrived right at the start and the upper level was packed. The comic, Warren B. Hall, was pretty good and got a good response from the audience. After the show I headed for Billboard and music trivia at 8:30. The two piano players were playing to a pretty large audience and went a bit late so trivia was delayed. It was announced that the 8:30 trivia each evening was to be Music, and last night was three songs from each decade from the ‘50’s to the ‘90’s. We paired up with the Bridge Instructor and his wife and only missed one song and artist. After asking for scores up to 25 right it was declared that we were all winners, so I don’t know if anyone got them all. A group nearby that was pretty loud group might have.

Today's Activities --

ScannedDocument-1.thumb.png.64a7a1af7320f4af1158962868ea17ab.png

ScannedDocument-2.thumb.png.fd5f8eef317cda31c7e21f9b1c112380.png

ScannedDocument-3.thumb.png.e7bc7e5c3fa9bbbb1b9652d9786b123f.png

ScannedDocument-4.thumb.png.da0f0407295071ddd02e061f7975c011.png

ScannedDocument-5.thumb.png.937b878e2db4212ea0e477f5170a0f7e.png

ScannedDocument-6.thumb.png.000dfa47dfc764e5a7e255dfb9778ef9.png

Today's Menus --

lidolunch-1.thumb.png.f92deab5f2228ad9665bd5e31a2f9194.png

lidodinner-1.thumb.png.f2dee469725837425868235546a3e1bc.png

mdr_break-1.thumb.png.98be234ac8467d5542d80dcea2b3fcc1.png

mdr_break-2.thumb.png.f60d7d97a23c0d95043da45909afd29a.png

mdr-1.thumb.png.0d61fe176f6f1e9b7aa9e997c1bb68df.png

mdr-2.thumb.png.af3a30c4eff4d0c1cfb22521dd667ca3.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, swin26 said:

They are now charging extra for all of the steaks??

I just uploaded the menu that is online. To be honest, I haven't even looked at it so I can't answer your question.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, swin26 said:

11 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I just uploaded the menu that is online. To be honest, I haven't even looked at it so I can't answer your question.

The online sample menu for our November 2024 and April 2025 (just added this week) Pinnacle Grill is the one we've been used to seeing - no added charge except for caviar, surf-n-turf, Delmonico and lobster

43 minutes ago, swin26 said:

That was my first reaction, too, but then I noticed the Tomahawk steak had the supplemental pricing underneath, and what I thought were steak prices, were the size of the steak in ounces.  In the pic, the filet 8 oz looked like 8.00!

• Like 1

@richwmn, thank you for all the terrific information. I am hopeful we see some of the new menu items on our Oosterdam TA, but I expect they won’t turn over the menus until they begin a new season. 

Thank you again for all the detailed and tempting information you post to CruiseCritic every day!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

That was my first reaction, too, but then I noticed the Tomahawk steak had the supplemental pricing underneath, and what I thought were steak prices, were the size of the steak in ounces.  In the pic, the filet 8 oz looked like 8.00!

I see that now. Next time I need to put my glasses on!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, swin26 said:

The menu does not show a surcharge for all steaks - the surcharge (when applicable) is the last line under the steak with "supplement "

• Like 1