Help with profile

Question regarding setting up your account on Cruise Critic. I know this isn’t related to this topic but I need some help. My picture I’m trying to post as part of my signin I doesn’t come up says it’s too large? Also how do I add my cruises and where I’m from under my picture.

jelayne always seems active on Cruise Critic so hoping she or someone would be able to help me.
I’ve tryed to write to host but no response.

At https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/ in the Other Settings section select Edit Profile to set your location, birthdate, etc.

Screenshot_20240813_181824_Chrome.jpg.d1e3d58c8bd38223e0a181b0b63dc574.jpg

At https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/ tap / click Settings Area and select select Signature for an area you can use to list cruises.

Screenshot_20240813_182250_Chrome.jpg.f0f5a2a0ecd7115beaea3a0a0f5ed240.jpg

Screenshot_20240813_182331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.219f08634dc80bfd1ccc643428f5fd06.jpg

You can change picture resolution to reduce the size of the image you want to upload as your avatar. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for help on setting up my profile here on Cruise Critic. I have a photo I want to add and when I do a note comes back that the picture is too big? I’m not savvy enough to know how to shrink it. Also how do I add the cruises that I’ve been on so that it shows under my photo.

I’ve asked on multiple posts and even tried the Cruise Critic Host with not so much as a response.

I’m just looking for help in a simple way that I can understand on how to do this.

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give me.

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

... I have a photo I want to add and when I do a note comes back that the picture is too big? I’m not savvy enough to know how to shrink it. ...

There are literally hundreds of different ways of doing this. The most appropriate will depend on the device you are using and any image manipulating software installed or available on that device. There are also online tools available. Something like https://www.adobe.com/express/feature/image/resize may work for you.

On 8/13/2024 at 2:30 PM, cheeseheads4ever said:

Question regarding setting up your account on Cruise Critic. I know this isn’t related to this topic but I need some help. My picture I’m trying to post as part of my signin I doesn’t come up says it’s too large? Also how do I add my cruises and where I’m from under my picture.

jelayne always seems active on Cruise Critic so hoping she or someone would be able to help me.
I’ve tryed to write to host but no response.

8 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Looking for help on setting up my profile here on Cruise Critic. I have a photo I want to add and when I do a note comes back that the picture is too big? I’m not savvy enough to know how to shrink it. Also how do I add the cruises that I’ve been on so that it shows under my photo.

I’ve asked on multiple posts and even tried the Cruise Critic Host with not so much as a response.

I’m just looking for help in a simple way that I can understand on how to do this.

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give me.

Hello @cheeseheads4ever

Your OP post above was split out of the thread where it was off topic and moved to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic. I have now merged your two threads into this one thread. All posts now appear in post date/time order in this newly merged thread since this is the correct forum for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards. You will see a large amount of "How to..." pinned threads on this forum's first page. Also, browse through the threads in the forum looking for threads of interest. As with other forums on our boards, you may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you. 

I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Thanks for the help! I’m doing it on an IPad. I have to get adobe express app downloaded on my IPad?

Did you try cropping the Photo? If that does not reduce the file size enogh send yourself the photo in Apple Mail. Then share the photo again to yourself in Apple Mail. You will be given the option of different file sizes. Send a smaller size to yourself. Save the smaller size. 

27 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Thanks Host Kat!

I guess I’ve never used the help forum and apologize for that. Got my photo done now.

Love Cruise Critic 

You are most welcome and glad to be of service!

5 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Thanks for the help! I’m doing it on an IPad. I have to get adobe express app downloaded on my IPad?

The link I provided is to an online tool. You can use it without installing an app on your iPad.

FYI, if you quote a post the poster will be notified when you post the reply.