LIVE: 🇧🇲 Visions of Pink Sands 8/31 - 9/5 🇧🇲

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

My smallest ship was Nordic Prince (23,149 GT).  Sailed on Vision on a 16 nt. Arctic Crossing (Copenhagen to Cape Liberty in 2017), and will be sailing on her again in December.  Also sailed on other Vision class (Grandeur 7 times, Enchantment 1 time).  My largest ship will be Symphony on Sunday.

Sailed from Baltimore 13 times.

Wow 🤩  23K GT is pretty small in my book.  Not sure DW would even go with me on that size 🤣

I hope to do at least one crossing in my lifetime.  Maybe once we retire …which is so many years away i want to cry just thinking about it 😭

Hopefully this is the first of many out of Baltimore.

Our next will be on Wonder.  That will be quite different.  She’s a big & beautiful lady!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I hope to do at least one crossing in my lifetime.  Maybe once we retire …which is so many years away i want to cry just thinking about it 😭

Did my 11th crossing in April, 12th will be in November, 13th will be in February.  And maybe another in April.

• Like 1

You definitely want a ride to port.   Like most ports it is very industrialized and unwalkable roads.

We are about 2 to 2.5 hr ride to Baltimore.  When time permits we love staying inner harbor area for a pre or post cruise trip.   Love love sitting down at place with brown paper on tables and crabs dumped on the table with pitcher of beer and Oysters too!!

• Like 4

This courtyard is in a nice little area (McHenry Row) with lots of stuff easily walkable.  Starbucks is inside the Harris Teeter.  Dunkin’ only a minute walk.  

IMG_3631.thumb.jpeg.1fbe9194d5f2636d4a7c99e22aea28cc.jpeg

Only complaint so far on the room is that I am not a fan of the shower head.  too small but pressure is ok. It’s not a dealbreaker.  I’ll live. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

It’s THAT time again everyone!!  I accidentally booked this 5 nighter to Bermuda out of Baltimore a couple months ago.   Oops! I did it again 🤣 

I always have my eye out (since I am a known & admitted cruise-a-holic) for certain cruises especially when I can drive to port.  I saw a decent rate on a JS GTY combined with the Labor Day weekend and was sold.  

Some of you may remember at almost this exact time last year we were planning to go to Bermuda on Liberty out of NJ but the hurricane had a different plan for us.  We ended up being diverted to a CA/NE itinerary instead… which btw we ended up LOVING!  So yeah, we weren’t mad but were left with the itch to get back to Bermuda… and here we are!

Enjoy your cruise!  We love Bermuda.  Slightly off topic -- we're from Pittsburgh originally and moved to Dunedin (near Clearwater) FL in 2017.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

Enjoy your cruise!  We love Bermuda.  Slightly off topic -- we're from Pittsburgh originally and moved to Dunedin (near Clearwater) FL in 2017.

Always good to meet fellow Pittsburghers!  One of my buddies goes to Dunedin a lot for work.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Uber was about $13.  Only about a 5 min ride.

Suite check in line had no wait.

Short wait on the gangway.  Onboard just after 11.  

Colonel Mustard checked off the list.  Home work done.

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

The hotel I chose is Courtyard Marriott.  Looked to be very close to the port.  I believe they even mention walking distance to port somewhere.  🤔  

I chose park & cruise option.  It was another $20 ish added to the hotel rate but will save $20/day from port parking.  Will I regret this decision?  We shall see.

IMG_3611.thumb.jpeg.fc4cdf805fe61fecab24b7604f30a874.jpeg

We really liked this hotel. I am curious about what you thought.

19 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Uber was about $13.  Only about a 5 min ride.

What, no surge pricing?  I paid $49 to go the mile from our hotel to the port at Port Canaveral!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What, no surge pricing?  I paid $49 to go the mile from our hotel to the port at Port Canaveral!

Funny you mention that… i checked on pre scheduling the uber early this morning and it was showing around $45.  I remembered thinking that is ridiculous, I can literally see the ship.  

DW got the Uber while I ran to the car to drop unneeded items.  She must have the touch.

• Like 3