Top sales dates

Your guess is as good as anyone's.  Many people here suggest that you just go ahead and buy what you KNOW you'll choose, then -- if the price drops -- call in for a price match.  Easy.  And you can drop an item up until a day or two before the cruise.  

Posted (edited)

Like others have said, the Black Friday week long sale and also Cyber Monday for most things including excursions.  The Deluxe Beverage can be hit/miss.  The National Margarita Day/National Bourbon Day and other names are somewhat random.  I have also seen a random excursion sale e-mail from time to time, with some being pretty decent discounts.

Edited by The Scurvy Pirate

Posted (edited)

A sale price of a package (if any) is inversely proportional to the number of people purchasing a package. If you like the current price, hit the purchase button. If they don’t hit their pick up numbers closer to the cruise date, they will do another (and hopefully cheaper) sale. 

You can always cancel what you have and repurchase at a cheaper price if one is offered.

Edited by orville99

And just to add to Orville99, there have been several times where I hesitated to buy and then lo and behold RCI increased the "base" price at the next "sale" and so never saw the initial lower price I had seen the week before.  This happened a couple of time in March/April where they seem to do annual price increases.  Now, if I am o'k with the price, I buy now and then if it goes lower you can re-buy later.  Please note that you may want to purchase the 2d one before you cancel just in case RCI is using the fuzzy math.  On a good note, I bought the 7 day internet for a late 2025 cruise that was $18.99 at 25% off.  A couple of sales later it was $21.99 at 25% off as they had increased the base price.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Many people here suggest that you just go ahead and buy what you KNOW you'll choose, then -- if the price drops -- call in for a price match.

Question. I have never done that for an excursion (called for a "price match") ... I have cancelled and re-ordered online. 

If you call, are they cancelling and re-ordering for you or just giving you a credit for the difference?

Edited by mets07

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

I have never done that for an excursion (called for a "price match") ... I have cancelled and re-ordered online. 

You have it right. I don’t recall anyone being able to modify the price on an existing planner purchase. In the end it’s the same cost wise technically it’s still a cancel and rebook. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mets07 said:

If you call, are they cancelling and re-ordering for you or just giving you a credit for the difference?

They are cancelling and rebooking.  Royals cruise planner system does not allow for matching or OBC for the price difference

• Like 1