Symphony of the Seas Live - No Sleep til Brooklyn. September 1st - 8th, 2024

Just now, Luckynana said:

Wow!  They left early!  I can't find them on the webcam of New York Harbor, near the Verrazano

Everyone was alerted ahead of time.  The reason is "port traffic".  This would generally mean that another ship is coming in and needs the berth, so Symphony has to get the heck out of dodge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dbancroft said:

All you need is @maureencruiser

Finally, somebody on this board is making sense! Why am I sitting at home while all my friends are cruising? 😭 (Cue Sarah McLachlan) Oh, because I'm doing a Halloween B2B on Indy next month. 😂 I might do a review, but I'm notorious for ghosting my own reviews. 👻 Have a great time. Congratulations Andrew and Lisa. Villain, what can I say that hasn't already been said? In my request for a restraining order. Don't do anything I wouldn't do, so you're pretty much safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

A few photos from sail away.

Nothing can duplicate sailing from MIA.  I have to say if the waters were blue, from NYC/NJ, I think it could beat it in the warm weather months. 

IMG_6350.thumb.jpeg.36f826b5f6d0c909fc76a9a5e02a9087.jpeg

IMG_6362.thumb.jpeg.ea6add7e930a63eb090019b9a26f6b7c.jpeg

IMG_6376.thumb.jpeg.d991e6954199b93352e6f2d19ea80cae.jpeg

IMG_6380.thumb.jpeg.f034f8dab0c23a8e1fdb7978df932d44.jpeg

IMG_6381.thumb.jpeg.9026f5a3f8174d4c4cb1a2c8a91d72d3.jpeg

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

IMG_2030.thumb.jpeg.66657beaf34ae28cbd89ec9a3a1fa8ea.jpeg

Wonder if that has become something new for hem?  We had the same thing in the Solarium Bistro last month on Utopia.  Thought it may have been leftovers from the inaugural. 

• Like 4

Wow I am really late to the party/review 🤣.  Been busy with houseguests who have now departed so I will be able to keep caught up!  Glad you are able to celebrate your 20th anniversary cruising with some long time CC friends!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just thinking about our trip to Brooklyn last night.  What a commute when you’re used to driving at 60 mph at home with no traffic. Dinner, was absolutely amazing. I kept company with the first class of CC delinquents - Yorkvillian, Cruise Life Rick and Ken Jarvis. It was the stunning Lisa and Courtney that got us through the entry door of Lugers. 

During the meal I decided to drop a little something on all of them. With threading Beastie Boy lyrics and references through this review, I thought what would be a better than celebrating 20 years of marriage than me dropping some lyrics at the end of the meal.  I’m fairly certain that some of you will remember my horrible steel drum skills from my last review.  What could ever go wrong with me doing a rap to celebrate 20 years of marriage at dinner.

I did one better to profess my love.  I decided to Pass the mic to a comedian and freestyler named Chris Turner. Who is Chris Turner you ask? Chris is a comedian with a resume longer than my list of past cruises.  He’s know for quotable gags and freestyle raps that have made him famous on YouTube with over 55 million views. He is based in the States and regularly performs at New York’s Comedy Cellar.  He also does Cameos, where you too can get a personalized rap for whatever the occasion. One day I hope to see him live.  

In the meantime you all can enjoy “my” rap to Lisa. 

Tangent: My favorite Chris Turner rap.

• Like 1

Trying something new today. I got a new GoPro a few months ago and it has a timer to turn on and record. It’s set for 6am and hopefully it will capture a sunrise time lapse tomorrow.

I’ll see what we capture in the morning. 

IMG_6426.thumb.jpeg.9c7c1249a5caf5e6a83a343f591cdd21.jpeg

IMG_6425.thumb.jpeg.6cedcf137dc75f36878bf90d37cbd2f8.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Trying something new today. I got a new GoPro a few months ago and it has a timer to turn on and record. It’s set for 6am and hopefully it will capture a sunrise time lapse tomorrow.

I’ll see what we capture in the morning. 

IMG_6426.thumb.jpeg.9c7c1249a5caf5e6a83a343f591cdd21.jpeg

IMG_6425.thumb.jpeg.6cedcf137dc75f36878bf90d37cbd2f8.jpeg

Is that a suction cup mount? I hope it does better than mine. Galveston epic fail.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Is that a suction cup mount? I hope it does better than mine. Galveston epic fail.

A magnet for this one. I used a suction cup for the sail away video.  As Owen would say - hi risk, hi reward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5