Day 1 of the new Premier Package has arrived

4 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

We never ever put a card on file for any cruise. We have done 2 this year alone with princess with no issue. 

It gets charged to your onboard account, though. The policy now is that if you book for "free" with Premier and then cancel within 24 hours of your reservation, each person is charged $10 to your onboard account, so you will end up paying one way or the other.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, t&atravel said:

@555 It does seem strange that you continue to have this problem.  So exactly how are you trying to book?  List steps, maybe (big maybe) someone can suggest something to try,

I'm just trying to use the app on my phone which works for everything but reservations.

When I call Princess, they get the same results.

12 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Gigi's or Alfredo's is open every day, including port days.  When we cruise the Caribbean we rarely get off the ship, so we would have the opportunity to go there any day we wished.  If you get off on a port day and get back at say 200 or 300, you could still have lunch there as soon as you got back on board and have a later dinner.  

Thanks.

I wasn't aware they were open on port days.

We'll be sure to use it numerious times since we hardly get off the ship in the Caribbean any more and if we do, we're back befor lunch.

46 minutes ago, 555 said:

Thanks.

I wasn't aware they were open on port days.

We'll be sure to use it numerious times since we hardly get off the ship in the Caribbean any more and if we do, we're back befor lunch.

Alfredo's/Gigi's was our go to for lunch on the port days when we were on the Discovery.  On sea days it was  usually the MDR, unless we didn't like the menu, then it was reluctantly the buffet.  Loved the noodle bar on the Majestic though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Alfredo's/Gigi's was our go to for lunch on the port days when we were on the Discovery.  On sea days it was  usually the MDR, unless we didn't like the menu, then it was reluctantly the buffet.  Loved the noodle bar on the Majestic though.

I'm not sure we'll appreciate Gigi's since their menu seems to be pizza only now. It's not our favorite food. 

Maybe O'Malley's.  

7 minutes ago, 555 said:

I'm not sure we'll appreciate Gigi's since their menu seems to be pizza only now. It's not our favorite food. 

Maybe O'Malley's.  

agree if on the SUN P, the veal pockets are not on the menu

definitely would do O'Malley's if open

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

If you're off the ship in Port until 200 or 230, you can either skip lunch, eat something off the ship or have lunch once you get back on board and eat a later dinner.  You need to be flexible when you're on vacation.  Not everybody wants 2 Grey Gooses between 630-730 and a quarter bottle of wine with dinner at 730 each and every night of their cruise.  Going with the flow can be a wonderful thing at times.

If people don’t want to pre time their dinners than why are 2/3 of the MDR’s only available for traditional or reserve only. Why not have drop in only if you want everyone to be flexible. Our flexibility’s is having suites for 1 day laundry and reserve class dining so I can  walk in when I want. But never eat real early that is not just our style 

14 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

On my 14-day sailing last month on the Enchanted, I used my old premier package for specialty dinners at Crown Gill and Catch By Rudy and had 15 meals at casual dining venues...

Day 1
Lunch: Gigi's
Dinner: O'Malley's

Day 2
Lunch: O'Malley's
Dinner: Ocean Terrace

Day 3
Lunch: MDR
Dinner: Catch By Rudi

Day 4
Lunch: Buffet

Day 5
Lunch: Aruba - West Deck
Dinner: Buffet

Day 6
Lunch: Curacao - Plein Cafe Wilhelmina
Dinner: MDR

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Day 10
Lunch: Buffet
Dinner: Crown Grill

Day 11
Lunch: San Juan - Cafe Manolin

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14

The only time I had a wait was Gigi's for lunch on the last day when I think everyone was trying to use up their casual dining meals.

On our next 14-day, we will have the new Premier package and I imagine we will just sub in some more specialty dinners in place of some of the casual options.

Hi Jamie Logical just commented to my wife that I worked for a Company in the UK called I.C.I they were up until 1999 one of the largest Companies in the UK and had factories around the globe, they bought Glidden paints in the US. The part I worked for was called I.C.I autocolor and was taken over by PPG Industries (Originally Pittsburg Plate Glass). The only part that now exists is AstraZeneca. The reason I really contactrd you is because you are the spitting image (doppleganger) of a guy I worked with.

1 minute ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Hi Jamie Logical just commented to my wife that I worked for a Company in the UK called I.C.I they were up until 1999 one of the largest Companies in the UK and had factories around the globe, they bought Glidden paints in the US. The part I worked for was called I.C.I autocolor and was taken over by PPG Industries (Originally Pittsburg Plate Glass). The only part that now exists is AstraZeneca. The reason I really contactrd you is because you are the spitting image (doppleganger) of a guy I worked with.

Not sure in love the idea of being the spitting image of a man... Maybe you mean my husband is the spitting image of this man?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, 555 said:

Maybe O'Malley's.  

The veal agnolotti is delicious and it's a shame it was removed from the menu on the Sun.  I did enjoy the calzone though and ingredients could be swapped out.  Not sure which days that O'Malley's would be open for lunch, I would infer sea days.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2024 at 4:23 AM, insidecabin said:

I recently checked availability at Catch  on one of our cruises, there were dates with no availablity, dates with odd times 1,2,3 max 4 options

When I changed to 4 people some days every time available, some loads and only a couple with limited options.

I suspect once on board those 4 tops that can't be booked on the app for 2  are made available.

This probably also opens up spare empty tables as galley and wait staff are set for those tables having 4 but now only have 2.

Could buddy up link bookings and get tables for 4

Thanks, this explains a lot. When we travel as a group of 3, no problem getting SD. Our last cruise was juts the two of us and we had much trouble getting into Grown Grill. 

On 9/9/2024 at 4:35 AM, paddingtonbear said:

they have 2,000 people paying extra to get seats that are not available

Marketing genius. Get people to pay for a product that they can't use. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Marketing genius. Get people to pay for a product that they can't use. 

Not necessarily.  We paid the upgrade for 14 days on the Sun in January and have 13 nights currently reserved in SD.  Also looking forward to the various drinks at different bars that cost between 16-20 that are now covered as well.

1 hour ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

The veal agnolotti is delicious and it's a shame it was removed from the menu on the Sun.  I did enjoy the calzone though and ingredients could be swapped out.  Not sure which days that O'Malley's would be open for lunch, I would infer sea days.

The last time we at at Gigi's/Alfredo's I can recall having eggplant with angle hair macaroni as a main course. It's also gone. 

@JamieLogical maybe you can see if I have posted the  Gigi’s menu that you had on the Enchanted,since you ate there quite a few times. Or is this The Suns menu? I didn’t post the whole menu -just the rolled eggplant and the veal pockets portion.

So just The Sun Princess Gigi’s menu is different ? unless someone has other information . So is the menu that I posted for Gigi’s -other ships in the  Princess fleet?
Just Not The Sun menu?  

I will re label my menu to reflect .

Thanks so much.

Pretty sure Sun princess has Alfredo menu,not Gigi’s even though similar?

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

When I click on that I only see myself and my travel friend. How would I check for say a party of four? 

When you click that pen and see you and your travel party (roommate), there is a person top right hand side and a plus sign… you’ll need the other party’s booking number then you can add them to your app and then select them for dinner reservations.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

When you click that pen and see you and your travel party (roommate), there is a person top right hand side and a plus sign… you’ll need the other party’s booking number then you can add them to your app and then select them for dinner reservations.

Thank you so much! 

5 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@JamieLogical maybe you can see if I have posted the  Gigi’s menu that you had on the Enchanted,since you ate there quite a few times. Or is this The Suns menu? I didn’t post the whole menu -just the rolled eggplant and the veal pockets portion.

So just The Sun Princess Gigi’s menu is different ? unless someone has other information . So is the menu that I posted for Gigi’s -other ships in the  Princess fleet?
Just Not The Sun menu?  

Thanks so much.

The menu I have that was posted for the Sun was different. 

That still nice to know that the Enchanted will have the same old options.

8 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Just Not The Sun menu?  

Thanks so much.

Here are photos of the Gigi's menu from my Enchanted sailing last month.

PXL_20240810_152015183.thumb.jpg.d3e934b37970f4eded79af5aa6a5415c.jpg

PXL_20240810_152020449.thumb.jpg.5f80b48f66e5d704905da5f853ea209e.jpg

PXL_20240810_152024073.thumb.jpg.b8abc63565a462a16b56423eff27edad.jpg

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Not sure in love the idea of being the spitting image of a man... Maybe you mean my husband is the spitting image of this man?

It has been known. My apologies. Thought Jamie was a guys name, but hello, nice to meet you, so to speak.

Hi all, are the specialty pizzas included in the $14.99 cover charge for the packages?. I suspect not given the difference in pricing between the regular pizzas, but was just curious to see if anyone had experience, thanks.

On 9/10/2024 at 12:26 AM, Retired-N-Happy said:

If you're off the ship in Port until 200 or 230, you can either skip lunch, eat something off the ship or have lunch once you get back on board and eat a later dinner.  You need to be flexible when you're on vacation.  Not everybody wants 2 Grey Gooses between 630-730 and a quarter bottle of wine with dinner at 730 each and every night of their cruise.  Going with the flow can be a wonderful thing at times.

We are all different and we like or want different things. I always say you do you.