Perks in CC-Suites

lauterbogen

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, that's what I meant. Big suites only.  I think part of the fun (and taste) of the Specialty food is to have it served in the restaurant itself. 

Phil 

Ok I see, we are saying the same thing ! Thanks

46 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

We lean toward Bourbon and Tequila.  Any hope of getting a bottle of one of those with the current policies?  

Again, the rules may be different for the top suites. When we were in a CW, I was able to get a liter of Hendricks Gin (rather than the cheap stuff they offered). When we’re in a CC next year I’ll try that again, but I won’t be surprised if they say no. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dynacruiser said:

Are you saying that you can order cabin service from Prime C if you are in a CC suite?  I didn't think that was possible, unless you were in the top suites.

As you can see from the photo I posted earlier, for a CC suite (which, after all, is the topic for this thread), there is reference therein to in-suite dining.

It specifically refers Discoveries restaurant.

• Like 1

Guys, I really think you are wrong about the dining issue. We were in a Deck 8 Suite about a year ago. DW was feeling a bit off, she didn't want to go out for dinner, we ordered from the Aqualina menu, had a beautifully served dinner on the Veranda, served by our faithful manservant in his morning-coat tux. Of course, now that I'm looking for it on the Aza website, I cannot find it. But I know it's there! Next, the booze run. I vaguely remember the booze allowance when you set foot in the Virgin Islands. Those Danes struck one hell of a bargain after we stole the Islands at the end of the Spanish-American War. (At least the land line Federal telephone tax that helped pay for that war was repealed about 10 years ago...) I believe the brand of single malt you are drinking from the price description. I might point out that that big box institution you mentioned imports several single malts under their own brand name. Their 18+ year Highland malt generally is from that particular maker, and it's always well under $100 a bottle. Even if it isn't M...., their home brands are well worth seeking out. Friendly advice from a friendly traveler. Oh, and thank you to the moderator who allowed my initial posting to actually post. It was initially censored, "pending approval." We are all much to quick these days to be stifling free speech.  David

14 minutes ago, Dr H said:

Guys, I really think you are wrong about the dining issue. We were in a Deck 8 Suite about a year ago. DW was feeling a bit off, she didn't want to go out for dinner, we ordered from the Aqualina menu, had a beautifully served dinner on the Veranda, served by our faithful manservant in his morning-coat tux. Of course, now that I'm looking for it on the Aza website, I cannot find it. But I know it's there! Next, the booze run. I vaguely remember the booze allowance when you set foot in the Virgin Islands. Those Danes struckle the Islands at the end of the Spanish-American War. (At least the land line Federal telephone one hell of a bargain after we sto tax that helped pay for that war was repealed about 10 years ago...) I believe the brand of single malt you are drinking from the price description. I might point out that that big box institution you mentioned imports several single malts under their own brand name. Their 18+ year Highland malt generally is from that particular maker, and it's always well under $100 a bottle. Even if it isn't M...., their home brands are well worth seeking out. Friendly advice from a friendly traveler. Oh, and thank you to the moderator who allowed my initial posting to actually post. It was initially censored, "pending approval." We are all much to quick these days to be stifling free speech.  David

Glad to see mine wasn't the only pending approval. lol

When you refer to suite, there are differences between the levels.  Were you in the Owners or CC? 

Actually I prefer blended so I was referring to Blue.  I also like their Platinum. which is 18 year old at the cost of black.in the states.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

RE CC suites:  I have never heard of being served specialty restaurants offerings in your suite.  Maybe if you are not feeling well, exceptions are made, based on the butler and his schedule.

Upper suites, which I have never experienced and probably never will, I have seen postings about these suites being served from specialty restaurants and from the prices they pay for those high level suites, I have no issues with that.

1 hour ago, Dr H said:

I might point out that that big box institution you mentioned imports several single malts under their own brand name.

Cruise Critic Hosts are a great deal smarter than bots.  It is all right to mention Costco as a liquor (or grocery) store.  But if it wasn't allowed in a different context, calling it 'big box' would also be a violation.

PS – I approved the post, which had been flagged by the bot.  But BTW it is a violation to discuss board management.  [Luckily I didn't see it...]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know that Oceania promotes the fact that their equivalent level CC suite can order from the specialties and we have done it on two cruises. Is it possible you are confusing the R ships from them with those of Azamara?

14 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

RE CC suites:  I have never heard of being served specialty restaurants offerings in your suite.  Maybe if you are not feeling well, exceptions are made, based on the butler and his schedule.

Upper suites, which I have never experienced and probably never will, I have seen postings about these suites being served from specialty restaurants and from the prices they pay for those high level suites, I have no issues with that.

The CW has a really nice table and chairs for ensuite dinners.  I don't think it would have the same ambience in a CC.  [note the image, taken today from Azamara's website, shows the old four-bottle line-up!]

Screenshot2024-09-01at9_36_51PM.thumb.png.509e7163b4d2edc261960658676b5223.png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The CW has a really nice table and chairs for ensuite dinners.  I don't think it would have the same ambience in a CC.  [note the image, taken today from Azamara's website, shows the old four-bottle line-up!]

Screenshot2024-09-01at9_36_51PM.thumb.png.509e7163b4d2edc261960658676b5223.png

I don’t think so, either! 😀
I would love to experience it……DH will not cooperate!

Perhaps @ChucktownSteve will invite us over when we ever sail with him again!!  

Edited by takemewithyou

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

If you have an itinerary with some sea days, bid for an upgrade – that's how we got our first CW.  It does spoil you...  [Our next cruise is very port intensive, so I booked a CC and don't even plan to upgrade – but when that siren call comes???]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr H said:

DW was feeling a bit off, she didn't want to go out for dinner, we ordered from the Aqualina menu, had a beautifully served dinner on the Veranda, served by our faithful manservant in his morning-coat tux

Please see the photo I posted (#5) earlier. The photo was taken about 10 days ago, whilst onboard.

They may have made an exception due to ill-health, or this perk may have changed.

The limitation of meals from Discoveries only may be there so that in-suite specialty dining is offered only to occupants of the big suites.

I don't see what difference it makes where the meal originates: I very rarely eat in Discoveries, but occasionally order food that is being served there.

Edited by blag

Had the question a while back about selecting liquor in a suite. We started in a P1 (liquor choice there also) and upgraded to a CC for the 2nd leg of our B2B. We chose Grey Goose both times, and liter bottles arrived. Signing s short piece of paper at Guest Relations and we were able to donate both to the Crew Bar, A worthwhile gesture if you have the opportunity to do it,

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Rabo said:

Had the question a while back about selecting liquor in a suite. We started in a P1 (liquor choice there also) and upgraded to a CC for the 2nd leg of our B2B. We chose Grey Goose both times, and liter bottles arrived. Signing s short piece of paper at Guest Relations and we were able to donate both to the Crew Bar, A worthwhile gesture if you have the opportunity to do it,

I didn't know that – thanks!  [We donated it to some new friends who were staying on, but next time I'll do this.]

• Like 2

6 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Any time!  We usually book an aft P1 which can be cramped. However if you're sailing with us this Dec., we'll be trying the OS for the first time. We got a good value, IMO, by booking early in the Caribbean.  We'll see how it compares and if we enjoy it.  I wanted it for the view and bathroom. 😉 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dr H said:

Guys, I really think you are wrong about the dining issue. We were in a Deck 8 Suite about a year ago. DW was feeling a bit off, she didn't want to go out for dinner, we ordered from the Aqualina menu, had a beautifully served dinner on the Veranda, served by our faithful manservant in his morning-coat tux. Of course, now that I'm looking for it on the Aza website, I cannot find it. But I know it's there! Next, the booze run. I vaguely remember the booze allowance when you set foot in the Virgin Islands. Those Danes struck one hell of a bargain after we stole the Islands at the end of the Spanish-American War. (At least the land line Federal telephone tax that helped pay for that war was repealed about 10 years ago...) I believe the brand of single malt you are drinking from the price description. I might point out that that big box institution you mentioned imports several single malts under their own brand name. Their 18+ year Highland malt generally is from that particular maker, and it's always well under $100 a bottle. Even if it isn't M...., their home brands are well worth seeking out. Friendly advice from a friendly traveler. Oh, and thank you to the moderator who allowed my initial posting to actually post. It was initially censored, "pending approval." We are all much to quick these days to be stifling free speech.  David

No, you are wrong. Your situation was different. You're wife wasn't well. Normally no. Can you imagine if all the CC Suites asked? 

Phil 

• Like 2

Mea culpa, all I know is my wife threatened to divorce me, and bring our "Butler"/Room Attendant home with her. I don't know what Azamara pays the staff, but he turned her down, a bit to my disappointment.  Seriously, even if this is not a standard practice, the staff went out of their way to accommodate us, and it left a very long lasting impression on the two of us. All by just serving us dinner! But that is the Azamara we tell our friends about. Oh, we are off to Greece and Turkey on Oct 5 on Pursuit. Two long weeks of moping that we are stuck in a Veranda rather than a Suite.

• Like 5

Just to comment on the earlier question as to whether your butler will bring you a cocktail, I don't drink those but he certainly brought my pre dinner wine in my cabin and my after dinner tipple. I did not at all get the impression that this was an unexpected request. Quite the opposite, after a bit, he seemed to have our wine already poured and ready, so quick did it come.

As for in room dining (talking about CC suite here), I agree it is the MDR menu- unless perhaps if you asked really nicely- but the butler makes a difference by setting up the table properly and serving it course by course. The space in a CC isn't really suitable for anything other than informal eating, but the veranda is definitely feasible, you just need calm seas and to be out of the wind, otherwise everything goes flying...

• Like 2

Although one of the perks may be in-room dining, my experience (YMMV) is that this is best avoided for a number of reasons.

Firstly, if you are a very 'picky' eater, variations or specific requests are often not fulfilled adequately.

Secondly, if you decide to dine at a time when the Butler is busy, your food may arrive at a temperature that is unsatisfactory-to-unacceptable.

Furthermore, if they forget something, you can wait much too long for it to arrive. The timing of courses is also tricky - invariably you sit there with finished plates etc. far, far, longer than you will in any of the conventional dining venues.

It is for the first two of these reasons (and the slowness of the service) that we don't use the Aqualina breakfast perk, either - again YMMV. On the occasions we have tried it (at least once on each cruise, in the so-far forlorn hope that it will improve) we have been disappointed.

The other downside of eating in your room (not on the balcony) is the lingering smell, which I find most unpleasant.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blag said:

Although one of the perks may be in-room dining, my experience (YMMV) is that this is best avoided for a number of reasons.

Firstly, if you are a very 'picky' eater, variations or specific requests are often not fulfilled adequately.

Secondly, if you decide to dine at a time when the Butler is busy, your food may arrive at a temperature that is unsatisfactory-to-unacceptable.

Furthermore, if they forget something, you can wait much too long for it to arrive. The timing of courses is also tricky - invariably you sit there with finished plates etc. far, far, longer than you will in any of the conventional dining venues.

It is for the first two of these reasons (and the slowness of the service) that we don't use the Aqualina breakfast perk, either - again YMMV. On the occasions we have tried it (at least once on each cruise, in the so-far forlorn hope that it will improve) we have been disappointed.

The other downside of eating in your room (not on the balcony) is the lingering smell, which I find most unpleasant.

We went to Aqualina several times for breakfast but that was mainly because it was so much more peaceful, which I prefer in the morning. However I agree it was a bit of an underwhelming experience, mainly because the food was surprisingly mediocre. 

I don't think in room dining in a CC would be a regular event for most, they're really not that big. We did it for the veranda experience, eating outside watching the sea and land go by. We didn't have any problem with course timing etc, we just called when we were finished and the butler came pretty quick. But then we were in no hurry, no shows to go to, we were making an evening of it. And very pleasant it was, albeit the food was probably not as freshly served as it would be in the MDR. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rabo said:

What a wonderful idea!  Thank you for sharing, Rabo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Any time!  We usually book an aft P1 which can be cramped. However if you're sailing with us this Dec., we'll be trying the OS for the first time. We got a good value, IMO, by booking early in the Caribbean.  We'll see how it compares and if we enjoy it.  I wanted it for the view and bathroom. 😉 

Alas, we are on the Journey Christmas and New Year’s cruise and I think you are on another ship!