Onboard Activities During Country Intensive Cruises

Mackdogmolly

After many Azamara cruises that always included sea days, we are soon to embark on 17 nights of B2B country intensive cruises with no sea days. While we are excited about the prospect of seeing lots of new places, we won’t be spending 100% of our days off the ship and are wondering if there are likely to be any shipboard events scheduled (other than trivia).

Thanks in advance to those more experienced with this type of cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m going on Pursuit on 8 Sept , no sea days , but as I’ve been to Dubrovnik many times when it docks  there , that will be my sea day , I’m happy to sit and read with a glass of champagne ,  maybe have a walk around the deck , take a leisurely lunch , have a snooze.  

Edited by Rosroz
  • Like 3

Just now, excitedofharpenden said:

I know a few people who might just throw you overboard for suggesting that!😁

Phil 

Yes.  Those would be the same people who take their trivia a little too seriously to win a key chain. haha

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I know a few people who might just throw you overboard for suggesting that!😁

Phil 

I just wish they would move it around the ship a bit more so others could enjoy the living room without it sometimes.

Edited by Xcelsior
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

I just wish they would move it around the ship a bit more so others could enjoy the living room without it sometimes.

Personally I think they make the best of it that they can, given the number of venues on the ship. They seem to do the morning trivia in the Living Room and afternoon in The Den. Azamara being destination focused, they think that many people will be off the ship. The progressive trivia held on the more sea day heavy cruises (that as Toronto guy says can get pretty serious) stays in the show lounge. Not sure what else they can do. 

Phil 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Personally I think they make the best of it that they can, given the number of venues on the ship. They seem to do the morning trivia in the Living Room and afternoon in The Den. Azamara being destination focused, they think that many people will be off the ship. The progressive trivia held on the more sea day heavy cruises (that as Toronto guy says can get pretty serious) stays in the show lounge. Not sure what else they can do. 

Phil 

On our most recent cruises the afternoon trivia has been in the Living Room.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

On our most recent cruises the afternoon trivia has been in the Living Room.

Do you think there's a better way of arranging the trivia?  Given that depending upon who is on the cruise it's sometimes much more popular. I don't think there is a perfect answer. 

Phil 

5 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Do you think there's a better way of arranging the trivia?  Given that depending upon who is on the cruise it's sometimes much more popular. I don't think there is a perfect answer. 

Phil 

I hate it when the living room has afternoon trivia. Like many I’m looking for a post time ashore tea and scones and relax. The sound of the two trivia’s is so annoying sometimes especially if the staff member is struggling to pronounce words and it grabs your attention. 
For me the perfect solution is to try and work around the rehearsal times and make more use of the cabaret lounge for activities 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Not sure, tho’ uktog’s solution sounds a good one if possible.

Have only ever seen it in the Living Room in recent years, exactly when I want to go and use the LIving Room for a bite to eat and read a bit; then someone asks you to join their team, and you feel like you're being rude if you don't join in.  I'm glad they're enjoying it, but think it is much better suited for the Den at that time of day.  Of course those playing probably also want to enjoy the tea service so I guess it's a challenge for the entertainment team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, uktog said:

For me the perfect solution is to try and work around the rehearsal times and make more use of the cabaret lounge for activities 

Oceania trivia on R ships is always in the show lounge. I'm a trivia buff and have always played on 6 Oceani cruises so will be interested to see how it compares on Sept 8 Pursuit cruise.

• Like 2

I am not interested in Trivia , but what I do enjoy is how serious some people find it , it’s such a laugh watching those who get really upset when someone else gets more questions right than them, they probably go back to their cabin and swot up 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4