Bringing Soda on Board and Soda at Elite HH

It has been awhile since we have sailed on Celebrity and have a few questions.  Are you still able to put a 12 pack of soda in a backpack, add luggage tag and have brought to cabin with your luggage.  Are you able to pick up a soda during the Elite HH and ask that it not be opened.  Are you allowed to bring a soda on board after a port day?   Thanks in advance.  

5 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

It has been awhile since we have sailed on Celebrity and have a few questions.  Are you still able to put a 12 pack of soda in a backpack, add luggage tag and have brought to cabin with your luggage.  Are you able to pick up a soda during the Elite HH and ask that it not be opened.  Are you allowed to bring a soda on board after a port day?   Thanks in advance.  

Yes to all

Look, folks...

There's a reason that they want cases of liquids carried on and especially not stashed in a backpack or soft side as luggage.  Surely you've all seen the way luggage is stacked in those open metal rolling 'crates' and moved aboard ship. 

I'd like my clothes to arrive in my cabin dry.  How about you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

No bringing soda on a port day. Yes, to unopened soda and water at HH.  Yes as above stated. Soda is carry on at embarkation. 

Currently on Beyond, no problem carrying on soda from port visit.  Never an issue on our many previous X cruises.

Just now, canderson said:

Happy Hour.

Specifically, Elite Happy Hour.

Doh!!! I could have thought of that!

🙊🙉🙈

I am grateful that I don't drink that much "soda" that I am compelled to schlep slabs of that stuff around with me or stress how to get my hands on "free" and unopened cabs.

😄

2 hours ago, buchhalm said:

I am grateful that I don't drink that much "soda" that I am compelled to schlep slabs of that stuff around with me or stress how to get my hands on "free" and unopened cabs.

Some of us do drink soda (not "soda"), so these questions and answers are of use to us. 

13 minutes ago, janetz said:

You can put a cabin tag on it and give it to the luggage porters 😊

Please read post #5.   There's a reason that Celebrity asks passengers to hand carry, not check their beverages.  As the walls on plastic bottles gets thinner and thinner, it becomes more important than ever. 

On top of that, running liquids through their checked bag system just makes more work for security since they now have to open and inspect for contraband alcohol. 

Yes, you can do it, especially in checked luggage.  By the time they've unstacked and x-rayed your bags aboard and realized there is a potential issue, the damage, if any, has already been done.  Please don't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Using the porters is fine.

We always hand over canned seltzer 

Have done it on 12 plus cruises.

There is NO rule in writing against giving it to the luggage porters, none 

If there was they would not take it. If there was, it would also not get to our cabin 

Never an issue.

Happy cruising 😊

Edited by janetz

19 minutes ago, janetz said:

Using the porters is fine.

We always hand over canned seltzer 

Have done it on 12 plus cruises.

There is NO rule in writing against giving it to the luggage porters, none 

If there was they would not take it. If there was, it would also not get to our cabin 

Never an issue.

Happy cruising 😊

See post above.

Even if Celebrity didn't post this, it would be a bad practice that should give one pause for the reasons already given.

That last post is how we used to get endless dress code threads.  The wonderful world of 'You do you'.

Frankly, beside the fact that I'm asked NOT to do it (sounds familiar), and beside the fact that it seems not to be enforced (sounds familiar, though in the case, the porters don't work for Celebrity), I'd consider it a real discourtesy to both my fellow passengers and the security staff to go ahead and do it anyway. 

But that's just 'me doing me'.

Bought a case of Mountain Dew for GS to drink on our annual cross-country trip.  Stored either in the frig or heavy plywood cabinet under dinning booth seat.  Sever cans developed pin hole leaks just from traveling over rough Interstate Highways, paved state highway, paved county highways, and paved city streets.

However, that has been the only liquid product we travel with that has leaked.

If you insist on taking soda on board with you for your sake hand carry it.

In addition to seeing soda being taken aboard in carry-on luggage and packs, I witnessed a passenger using a a small, foldable luggage/hand truck to haul cases of soda aboard at embarkation.  I just assumed he was traveling with his wife and children and that sodas were for them..