Ground transfer in Houston to Galvaston

16 minutes ago, chloe kitty said:

Has anyone taken ground transportation in Houston lately.  Curious what they charge each way.

I went on a cruise on the Harmony of the Seas back in April. I flew in and out of Hobby Airport (which is the closest to Galveston). I took an Uber both ways and it was about $65 each way. Hope that helps! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RCTransatlanticLover said:

I went on a cruise on the Harmony of the Seas back in April. I flew in and out of Hobby Airport (which is the closest to Galveston). I took an Uber both ways and it was about $65 each way. Hope that helps! 

Thank you.

Find Galveston Saltwater Moms on Facebook and send them a message. 

Super easy to work with, they are ready waiting for you as soon as you get out of the airport, and are able to do any extra stops you might need (we needed to do a curbside pickup at target on the way to Galveston and a stop at a Buc-cees on the way back)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jacobtsf said:

Find Galveston Saltwater Moms on Facebook and send them a message. 

Super easy to work with, they are ready waiting for you as soon as you get out of the airport, and are able to do any extra stops you might need (we needed to do a curbside pickup at target on the way to Galveston and a stop at a Buc-cees on the way back)

Love Buc-ees!!

We used Galveston Saltwater Moms to our hotle pre-cruise, and used the Houston Space Center Transfer post cruise.

We don't do FB, but I was able to find an email and a phone # to text.

Lots of threads in the Gulf Coast ports forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/316-gulf-coast-departures/

Here is just one thread specifically for them that I posted in:

Would recommend them and would use them again if cruising out of Galveston

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

Now mind you this was last summer when we used RCI transfer from Bush to Galveston. 

We flew in a day ahead of time. 
Stayed at a Hampton for the night. 
Went back to Bush to catch the first shuttle. 
The Allure had some issues with docking and disembarking of previous sailing delayed. 
1 1/2 hours later our bus arrived. 
In the waiting area were also those waiting for second bus which would have been their time ——but ours that finally got there. 

Well. Talk about people getting very upset and being rude demanding getting on  the first bus “ours”. 
RCI kept it for those who booked and were reserved on first time. 

When we were seated on the bus the getting ready to leave over the drivers audio we heard that the second bus was leaving port. 

So those people waiting for the second time slot had another 50 min wait. 

Next time staying in Galveston. 

When you arrive at port they ask that all stay seated till they remove all your luggage from the cargo hold and then you can leave. 

Of course two ladies (the last  arrivals to get on and we’re seated in back) did not think rules applied to them. They walked and got off as the bus driver was giving his talk about waiting and getting luggage. 

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss

12 hours ago, chloe kitty said:

Bush airport to Galviston.

Look up Galveston Express.  Their rates are pretty reasonable.  I paid $65 pp/rt.

Edited by nelblu

20 hours ago, chloe kitty said:

Has anyone taken ground transportation in Houston lately.  Curious what they charge each way.

Hello @chloe kitty

Thank you for your new threadHowever, your inquiry was off topic where posted. Your new thread has been moved to the North American Homeports - Gulf Coast Departures forum where it will be on topicBrowse through the thread titles in this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat