Can my HAL PCC take over a courtesy hold made through HAL’s web site?

Turtles06

Quick question: if I put a courtesy hold on a cabin directly via HAL’s web site when my HAL PCC was off for a weekend, would my PCC be able to take over the booking when she returns (before the deposit is paid)?   I know this can’t be done once the deposit is paid.

Thanks! 

54 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Quick question: if I put a courtesy hold on a cabin directly via HAL’s web site when my HAL PCC was off for a weekend, would my PCC be able to take over the booking when she returns (before the deposit is paid)?   I know this can’t be done once the deposit is paid.

Thanks! 

It can be done after you pay your deposit so long as you're outside final payment and you booked less than 60 days. There's a transfer form to complete.

I am also curious about holds - I've never tried to transfer a hold.

30 minutes ago, POA1 said:

By take over, do you mean take the deposit or payment?

If so, the answer is yes.

I meant take over the booking so I can deal with her directly going forward. So, yes, take the deposit from me and then I proceed with her going forward, the same as if I’d been able to book the cruise with her from the start. 

So, can that happen?  Thanks for the help!

36 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

It can be done after you pay your deposit so long as you're outside final payment and you booked less than 60 days. There's a transfer form to complete.

I am also curious about holds - I've never tried to transfer a hold.

Thanks, but I’m not asking about transferring a booking to a travel agent, which is what you’re referring to.  I’m asking about having my HAL PCC being able to handle the cruise from here on out, when I placed the courtesy hold myself directly on HAL’s website. 

27 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Yes, I have done this many times.  I put the cruise on hold and then notify my PCC of this and state I would like her to take the reservation over.  I then pay her the deposit.

Thanks so much! 

• Like 1

It did not work for me last month.  I put a hold on a specific suite on a newly released itinerary on a weekend and had a scheduled call with our PCC for Monday a.m.  She was not able to apply our FCC for the deposit .... ended up having to cancel the hold/booking and make a new booking.

1 hour ago, Let It Go said:

It did not work for me last month.  I put a hold on a specific suite on a newly released itinerary on a weekend and had a scheduled call with our PCC for Monday a.m.  She was not able to apply our FCC for the deposit .... ended up having to cancel the hold/booking and make a new booking.

Hmm . . . I wonder if having to apply an FCC put a wrinkle into that.  I hope you didn't lose the cabin you'd chosen.  

I know what happens this side of the pond is probably irrelevant, but I just did that for a 2026 cruise.  Courtesy hold on Friday night and email to PCC on Monday morning (having first checked for any advantageous price change 😉).  

Monday evening I received Booking Confirmation with FCD applied as deposit.

All good.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Let It Go said:

Ask for a new PCC.  I had no trouble getting my online hold transferred to my PCC.

• Like 1

OP here.  I just want to close the loop by reporting that my PCC took the deposit, and has taken over the reservation.  Many thanks again to those who replied to tell me that this was indeed do-able from a courtesy hold and that they had done this.

Happy cruising to all.  😊 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1