LGBTQ Friendly?

exeter_acres

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

it's amazing how many people even when you say hello just walk by like zombies

Agreed. And, odd but nice, it seemed to change during Covid lockdowns when we were only allowed out for short walks. Folk seemed much more inclined to pass you with a smile and greeting. It hasn't lasted. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IDL said:

Funny, I powerwalk every other morning in my community and hence see familiar faces all the time (walking, running, dog

walking, cycling) that I recognize from walking and always say good morning, nod or wave but many of them that is my only point of interaction and I don’t even know their names. 

I use to do the same before our dog passed away.   The funny thing is you generally only know the person's name as  Fido's Mom.   LOL 

My walk isn't in my neighborhood and except for one stretch on a trail I rarely seen the same person very often.  

At that age, as long as you have explained what to expect and they understand it, I think they would be fine.  We started cruising with Oceania at around 40, and most of the younger people that we encounter are LGBTQ, and quite a few older passengers, too.  I would NOT recommend sharing a table, though, because you always have that ONE person on the cruise that is a jerk. 

43 minutes ago, emd138 said:

At that age, as long as you have explained what to expect and they understand it, I think they would be fine.  We started cruising with Oceania at around 40, and most of the younger people that we encounter are LGBTQ, and quite a few older passengers, too.  I would NOT recommend sharing a table, though, because you always have that ONE person on the cruise that is a jerk. 

Agree, we never share a table until we've met someone around the lounges or near us a lunch.  Just depends, maybe we miss some good company-but it works for us.  We have met some really nice people on cruises, some we still talk with, other not so........

But it's your cruise so enjoy what you like and don't worry about what other think or do......

• Like 1

We’re gay couple, we’re on cruise 25 with Oceania. (Close to 75 in total all-over) We’ve never experienced any homophobia issue with crew or staff,ever.  There’s been the occassional side-eye from a passenger, but funny enough when others around us see it, it seems to get quashed.  Im the guy knitting or needlepointing in Horizons and we’ve never felt uncomfortable or unwelcome.  As another poster said there’s not often a huge number of LGBT people on board, that being said - Oceania’s not a "party class" line that many of our friends might be looking for - three couples come to mind who regularly "booze cruise" out of LA. 

LGBTQ+ or "friends of dorothy" gatherings often depends on passenger requests, the Cruise Director and/or production staff.  For example, Peter,CD travels with his partner and he hosts sometimes. Our last trip on Marina the gatherings were hosted by two lovely production dancers. We’ve been on Regatta and no gatherings, for us no need.