Internet Package Question- 1 Package for 2 Devices or 2 Packages for 1 Device?

It is much cheaper to get 1 package with 2 devices instead of buying two separate packages with 1 device each.  

Any issues with doing it this way and having your cabin mate take the second device?   Do they restrict it somehow?

Thanks, 

The only difference is you will share a login, but you can still be on 2 devices at the same time. My friend and I are on a longer cruise next year, in different cabins, but we will also do the 1 person, 2 device plan. We are hoping for a Black Friday sale on internet.

As noted, in both cases, you can have 2 devices logged in at the same time. You can use as many different devices as you want, but only the total number of purchased devices at the same time. The difference is how they are handled if you want to use more devices than total purchased devices.

• 2 @ 1 device packages. More expensive. Each person has their own log in, and they can log on any device they want. If a new login exceeds their allotted device count (1), it will kick off one of the other (1) devices using that login. The device using the other login is completely unaffected.
  • 1 @ 2 device package. Less expensive. There is 1 login and you use that same log in on every device you want to use. If a new login exceeds their allotted device count (2), it will kick off one of the other (2) devices. If you don't explicitly log off first, you will have no control over which device is kicked off. There is some believe that it is FIFO (First In First Out), but nothing concrete.

In both cases, you can control which device is disconnected by explicitly logging out on the device you do not want to use before logging in on the new device.

I'm cruising solo next month and bought a 4-device package.  Three other people on the cruise are paying me for the other three devices.

I've done this at least a dozen times with no problems whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just now, brillohead said:

I'm cruising solo next month and bought a 4-device package.  Three other people on the cruise are paying me for the other three devices.

Charge onboard daily prices and that turns into a nice racket.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Charge onboard daily prices and that turns into a nice racket.

The whole point of it is that EVERYONE gets a lower price... nobody would bother buying the extras off me if they were full price!  It comes out to $96/week instead of $126 a week.  

I just need to get through these next five cruises, then my internet will be free!  

15 hours ago, CHolliwood said:

It is much cheaper to get 1 package with 2 devices instead of buying two separate packages with 1 device each.  

Any issues with doing it this way and having your cabin mate take the second device?   Do they restrict it somehow?

Thanks, 

Super easy, you both just have to use the same login. We do this all the time because as you say, it's cheaper to go that route.