No more Simply More

Jancruz

1 hour ago, SEC Man said:

Just looked on Oceania’s website and it is still showing Simply More pricing and not even a reference to a new pricing scheme despite the press release stating the new pricing starts today, October 1st. 

Website is now updated.  Showing “Bonus Savings”

Terri

14 minutes ago, mantadiver said:

The website now shows "Your World Included", with  the same prices as "Simply More", at least for my booked cruises.

You are correct, I just looked at what my Marina cruise in March would cost without the SM if booked today. Without the SM Bev package, $720pp and the $400pp shore excursion credit, my cruise would cost $1120pp more than it did yesterday. That is a sneaky 15% price increase for our cruise, if booked today vs yesterday. Many here had speculated that the pricing would not go down after SM was taken away and today that speculation was proved true. BTW since my TA is paying my gratuities, I do not count that as a value added benefit.

image.thumb.png.983e15c98717cd2607eb0e3884b500c7.png

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SEC Man said:

Just looked on Oceania’s website and it is still showing Simply More pricing and not even a reference to a new pricing scheme despite the press release stating the new pricing starts today, October 1st. 

Some are the same. Some are lower.  Website shows Bonus Savings up to $5000. Maybe it’s the world cruise.  It isn’t anything worthwhile.  Wondering what marketing genius came up with this promotion.  My world, my way is hitting the highway.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SEC Man said:

Same here for the German Oceania Website. I have noted however that prices have gone up significantly for the cruise we have booked for next April.

Edited by MonikaV

One of my cruises went down $459 pp. with the elimination of Simply More

No Gratuities.   However, we are gold so we have grats paid.  

I will be talking to my TA today and see if we can get this changed.

Final payment is next week so we are not asking for a refund, just repricing prior to FP. Let’s see what happens.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

For, comparison, our bookings look like this:

April, 2025, 35 Day Indian Ocean sailing, our cabin price increased by $560 pp and includes gratuities. We are booked on Simply More, so our booking has the basic beverage package and $700 pp Shore Excursion Credit.

May 2026, 14 day Asian Isles sailing, our cabin price stayed exactly the same and includes gratuities. We are booked on Simply More, so our booking has the basic beverage package and $400 pp Shore Excursion Credit, plus OCAPP of free gratuities. 

• Like 1

Our next cruise, booked under SM, already included gratuities, as I am a European customer. For an A2, it was priced at £5329.

Under Simply Less, it is now priced at £5009, obviously without excursion credit or the included booze. On a like for like basis, buying in the credit and drinks package that would be an effective price increase of about £550 - about 10%.

I think that we will now look more closely at competitor cruise lines to assess value for money. And reflect on whether we should cut back on future cruises, perhaps completely. It's getting to be a very expensive holiday which is increasingly questionable whether that's how we want to spend our limited resources. 

Edited by Harters
  • Like 4

No big surprise that that this is effectively a price increase (in most cases).

Christmas 2024 cruise has now increased by over 700 dollars on a Concierge 2 over the quoted price yesterday, plus no drinks valued at 800, no excursion credit of 600 (we got 800 when we booked).  We already get gratuities included from status.  

March 2025 in concierge 2 - same price as yesterday, less 600 excursion credit (when we booked), less 560 drinks.

Christmas 2025 same price as yesterday (we paid less when we booked) less 1000 excursion credit, less included 1120 drinks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MonikaV said:

Same here for the German Oceania Website. I have noted however that prices have gone up significantly for the cruise we have booked for next April.

German website only show prices with payed gratuities and internet included.

our cruises are cheaper then before, both around 400€ - but no shore excursions and beverage package… 

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

You are correct, I just looked at what my Marina cruise in March would cost without the SM if booked today. Without the SM Bev package, $720pp and the $400pp shore excursion credit, my cruise would cost $1120pp more than it did yesterday. That is a sneaky 15% price increase for our cruise, if booked today vs yesterday. Many here had speculated that the pricing would not go down after SM was taken away and today that speculation was proved true. BTW since my TA is paying my gratuities, I do not count that as a value added benefit.

I should have added that our A3 cabin booked in 2023 with SM was already $1200pp less than the price yesterday because prices had increased in the last few months. So if we booked today we would effectively be paying the $1200pp more for the increase over 2023 and the value of $1120pp for loss of SM or $2320pp more.

• Like 2

No surprise regarding the price increases. Margin enhancement was stressed by NCL when they released their 2nd Qtr results earlier this year. The 3rd Qtr results will be out later this month. That debt has to be paid down. And since they can't borrow more and don't want to sell new stock, that means profits have to pay for it. So cost cutting and revenue enhancements.

• Like 2

Some cruisers here continuously begged for Ala Carte prices and they now have it. Can’t please everyone.

This is Day1 of the new SL Program. Not sure what the expectations were. Here’s the bottom line. Oceania has cruises it wasn’t selling and wants to sell. Now, offering that begged for bear bones package, they will eventually price the product to sell. Don’t get overly concerned about DY1 Pricing. Come back in a couple of months and see how all those unsold 2025 cruises are priced. I’m on one in Jan 25 that is wide open except for PH+. Past Final Payment and expectations are some very interesting pricing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

When you state your TA pays your gratuities do you mean the TA issues you an OBC that you apply towards the gratuities (and therefore could be applied to something else, like excursions, if you choose) or the TAS somehow pays for the gratuities o outright and you have no flexibility as obviously this would have no added value under the Your World Included pricing scheme?   We are booked on the Allura next year and want to go back to my TA to ensure we are getting the maximum value available.

3 minutes ago, SEC Man said:

When you state your TA pays your gratuities do you mean the TA issues you an OBC that you apply towards the gratuities (and therefore could be applied to something else, like excursions, if you choose) or the TAS somehow pays for the gratuities o outright and you have no flexibility as obviously this would have no added value under the Your World Included pricing scheme?   We are booked on the Allura next year and want to go back to my TA to ensure we are getting the maximum value available.

I believe there is an option with our booking to prepay gratuities, she has prepaid them that way. 

SM is gone. People should really get over it, stop comparing to SM and focus on the present prices. The market will decide if O is still competitive with the new prices and pricing structure.

SB 2026 itineraries are just out. Many European sailings start under $500/day. Many O sailings are priced over $500/day. If O believes that they can charge more than SB, the market will get them out their fantasy world very quickly. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

O's US website is showing Your World Included, with gratuities, for all cruises sailing starting tomorrow, October 2.  So O did not wait until January 1 to start including gratuities.  

Interesting, I just went into manage my cruise for our March cruise. The shore excursions we bought are still included in the booking as is the beverage package upgrade, but there is no longer a link to prepay gratuities. Does this mean our gratuities will be included?

3 hours ago, mantadiver said:

The website now shows "Your World Included", with  the same prices as "Simply More", at least for my booked cruises.

Ours is also the same published price, but no longer includes the drink package or the shore excursion credit. It’s a pretty big increase when you factor in everything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Interesting, I just went into manage my cruise for our March cruise. The shore excursions we bought are still included in the booking as is the beverage package upgrade, but there is no longer a link to prepay gratuities. Does this mean our gratuities will be included?

I checked for our March cruise and the option to prepay gratuities is still there on mine.  It was under the "other options" tab and then selected "shop for beverage packages".  It was part of the beverage packages link.

11 minutes ago, davencl said:

I checked for our March cruise and the option to prepay gratuities is still there on mine.  It was under the "other options" tab and then selected "shop for beverage packages".  It was part of the beverage packages link.

Yup. See it still on mine for Sep 2025.

I just looked at a 7 day itinerary in the Mediterranean in April in 2026. I had previously looked for 2026, but only 2 itineraries had been released - both 7 days - which we won’t book.
 It is updated. It is expensive. B4- $6,800 with gratuities and included restaurants….for 7 days. Add on anything else, and why not go with luxury lines because they will be cheaper. 
Yes, we sail in balconies, but OV is $6,100 and inside is $5,000-$5,500. For..7…Days!

We are sailing on Seabourn next year in the same region. Our cost is right in there with the inside stateroom pricing on Oceania.  Since SB has not announced 2026 yet, to be fair, I looked at Oceania for 2025, 7 day, same region. New pricing without drinks/excursion. B4 - $6,800. OV - $5,800. Inside $4,800-$5,100. 
Oceania, at this point, has priced themselves in the Luxury category with this new pricing change.  At least in the Mediterranean region. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, davencl said:

To me just seems to be usual O system glitches.  We have 4 booked cruises.  The option for Prepaid Gratuities shows on 3 of them. The one that it doesn’t show, we already have them paid as a TA perk.  But we also have that on one of the 3 where the option is still showing. So really no consistency and/or logic.