No more Simply More

Jancruz

19 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Maybe because people assume that if you are sailing on O, you would read at least some topics on O board? Maybe not all 727 posts of this topic, but at least the first few posts? Or maybe just the title?

Also, the change is for new bookings only, Roll Call usually is visited by people who already booked.

Got it

1 hour ago, davencl said:

I checked for our March cruise and the option to prepay gratuities is still there on mine.  It was under the "other options" tab and then selected "shop for beverage packages".  It was part of the beverage packages link.

I know that is where the pre paid gratuities showed up before today, but today this is what I get, nothing about prepaying gratuites.

image.thumb.png.ba170b2d747e7d54d3c702462c139225.png

Edited by terrydtx

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I know that is where the pre paid gratuities showed up, but today this is what I get, nothing about prepaying gratuites.

image.thumb.png.ba170b2d747e7d54d3c702462c139225.png

Yes appears to possibly be a website glitch.  No link like I have.

11 minutes ago, davencl said:

Yes appears to possibly be a website glitch.  No link like I have.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with this, but we made the Final payment for our March cruise last Friday and added the Prestige drinks package at the same time. Now the upgraded drinks package shows up as seen above. I called my TA to ask if she had already prepaid our gratuities, she said no she usually does it just before we depart.

Edited by terrydtx

3 hours ago, JanDom said:

German website only show prices with payed gratuities and internet included.

our cruises are cheaper then before, both around 400€ - but no shore excursions and beverage package… 

So if you take the price for the cruise and deduct 400 Euros and then add the cost of the shore excursions and beverage package - which in our case adds up to around 1200 Euros per person - how is it in any way cheaper? I am just glad we booked when we booked because SM is part of our contract and with this we should get what we signed for. Still looking forward to the cruise but it does have a bit of a 'Geschmäckle' as we say 😉.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Interesting, I just went into manage my cruise for our March cruise. The shore excursions we bought are still included in the booking as is the beverage package upgrade, but there is no longer a link to prepay gratuities. Does this mean our gratuities will be included?

Maybe it's because your TA already prepaid them?

13 minutes ago, MonikaV said:

So if you take the price for the cruise and deduct 400 Euros and then add the cost of the shore excursions and beverage package - which in our case adds up to around 1200 Euros per person - how is it in any way cheaper? I am just glad we booked when we booked because SM is part of our contract and with this we should get what we signed for. Still looking forward to the cruise but it does have a bit of a 'Geschmäckle' as we say 😉.

We booked our cruise with the Sirena two days before to have SM.

we decided if the prices go down a lot, we can switch to the new Programm but now we are happy to have SM.

(we don’t really need the shore excursions most of the time but on a 14 days cruise we always find anything to go for.

we will go in May and December - maybe we will meet somewhere @MonikaV
and we are looking forward to our cruises 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JanDom said:

We booked our cruise with the Sirena two days before to have SM.

we decided if the prices go down a lot, we can switch to the new Programm but now we are happy to have SM.

(we don’t really need the shore excursions most of the time but on a 14 days cruise we always find anything to go for.

we will go in May and December - maybe we will meet somewhere @MonikaV
and we are looking forward to our cruises 😄

Did the prices change much today over what you booked for two days ago?

23 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I am not sure if this has anything to do with this, but we made the Final payment for our March cruise last Friday and added the Prestige drinks package at the same time. Now the upgraded drinks package shows up as seen above. I called my TA to ask if she had already prepaid our gratuities, she said no she usually does it just before we depart.

I just checked our 2026 Sailing booking under SM... Same result... no link to prepaid gratuities

20 minutes ago, MonikaV said:

how is it in any way cheaper?

I read JanDom post as indicating the listed price had reduced - but without the Simply More benefits. Your extra cost if you add those back in seems to be similar to what it would be costing me in the UK

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

It went down around 400€ p.P

both 14 days cruises 

The beverage package and shore excursions will be around 950$ pP.

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Ours went down $700 pp... before the 181 day penalty phase begins, we will see where the pricing is at.  Not sure what Oceania is doing at this point.

2 minutes ago, Harters said:

I read JanDom post as indicating the listed price had reduced - but without the Simply More benefits. Your extra cost if you add those back in seems to be similar to what it would be costing me in the UK

Yes this is what I meant.

cheaper but without beverage package and shore excursions … 

if you don’t drink alcohol during lunch or dinner and don’t use the excursions it will be cheaper now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Some are the same. Some are lower.  Website shows Bonus Savings up to $5000. Maybe it’s the world cruise.  It isn’t anything worthwhile.  Wondering what marketing genius came up with this promotion.  My world, my way is hitting the highway.  

It says it is for 225 cruises. 

Our 2025 Alaska on Riviera cruise appears to have gone down by about $250pp on an A3 with the changed benefits but is still about $720pp more than when we booked. We are still waiting to see if there is ever a good sale, but we have only watched the prices go up and up and up.

6 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I just looked at a 7 day itinerary in the Mediterranean in April in 2026. I had previously looked for 2026, but only 2 itineraries had been released - both 7 days - which we won’t book.
 It is updated. It is expensive. B4- $6,800 with gratuities and included restaurants….for 7 days. Add on anything else, and why not go with luxury lines because they will be cheaper. 
Yes, we sail in balconies, but OV is $6,100 and inside is $5,000-$5,500. For..7…Days!

We are sailing on Seabourn next year in the same region. Our cost is right in there with the inside stateroom pricing on Oceania.  Since SB has not announced 2026 yet, to be fair, I looked at Oceania for 2025, 7 day, same region. New pricing without drinks/excursion. B4 - $6,800. OV - $5,800. Inside $4,800-$5,100. 
Oceania, at this point, has priced themselves in the Luxury category with this new pricing change.  At least in the Mediterranean region. 

This looks like a glitch.

I looked at April 30 sailing on the Allura - B4 shows $4,549 CAD on the Canadian site, which is $3,370 USD. Still expensive at $480 USD per night, but not the prices you mentioned. Which sailings did you look at?

7 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I just looked at a 7 day itinerary in the Mediterranean in April in 2026. I had previously looked for 2026, but only 2 itineraries had been released - both 7 days - which we won’t book.
 It is updated. It is expensive. B4- $6,800 with gratuities and included restaurants….for 7 days. Add on anything else, and why not go with luxury lines because they will be cheaper. 
Yes, we sail in balconies, but OV is $6,100 and inside is $5,000-$5,500. For..7…Days!

We are sailing on Seabourn next year in the same region. Our cost is right in there with the inside stateroom pricing on Oceania.  Since SB has not announced 2026 yet, to be fair, I looked at Oceania for 2025, 7 day, same region. New pricing without drinks/excursion. B4 - $6,800. OV - $5,800. Inside $4,800-$5,100. 
Oceania, at this point, has priced themselves in the Luxury category with this new pricing change.  At least in the Mediterranean region. 

Are you saying the above price for two, or on a per person basis? If the latter, I see nothing close to that price for the two 7 day med cruises in April, 2006.  If for both people, then yeah that is what it shows. 

1 hour ago, EJL2023 said:

Are you saying the above price for two, or on a per person basis? If the latter, I see nothing close to that price for the two 7 day med cruises in April, 2006.  If for both people, then yeah that is what it shows. 

Yes, I just realized those are prices for two probably. Still expensive.