Embarkation Time ?

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We had to change our cruise from last week to this week, due to needing to be cleared with medical issues from doctors.  We booked the cruise last week and was given the only choice of 1pm boarding time.  I need a wheelchair to get me onto the ship, due to balance/gait issues.  If I get there at 1pm the lines will be very long, if I get there for 11:30 will they allow me to go through the boarding process and get a wheelchair?  We are going on the Beyond out of Port Canaveral.  We have no hotel and nowhere else to go to waste time plus I trying to avoid the lines since I am totally unable to stand in lines for periods of time.  I am not trying to board the ship because I want to board early, I really am trying to avoid having severe balance issues, standing/walking is bad but sitting I am much much better, the reason why I having a wheelchair to get onto the ship.  Will they allow me to enter the terminal earlier than 1pm?

3 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

if I get there for 11:30 will they allow me to go through the boarding process and get a wheelchair?

yes. We had a 1 pm boarding time, but showed up around 11 - no problem.

As a matter of fact, the ship departure was delayed several hours anyway.

• Like 1

Not familiar with Port Canaveral but our experience in other ports is the little to no line or wait at 1.  Almost everyone wants to be on first so ignoring check-in times, creating the lines the times were intended to eliminate. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello,

We had to change our cruise from last week to this week, due to needing to be cleared with medical issues from doctors.  We booked the cruise last week and was given the only choice of 1pm boarding time.  I need a wheelchair to get me onto the ship, due to balance/gait issues.  If I get there at 1pm the lines will be very long, if I get there for 11:30 will they allow me to go through the boarding process and get a wheelchair?  We are going on the Beyond out of Port Canaveral.  We have no hotel and nowhere else to go to waste time plus I trying to avoid the lines since I am totally unable to stand in lines for periods of time.  I am not trying to board the ship because I want to board early, I really am trying to avoid having severe balance issues, standing/walking is bad but sitting I am much much better, the reason why I having a wheelchair to get onto the ship.  Will they allow me to enter the terminal earlier than 1pm?

I think you have it backwards. If you get there at 11:30 AM the terminal will likely be crowded. If you get there at 1:00 PM there will likely be little to no lines. I have been on five Celebrity cruises this year, with several more booked. For every cruise we have arrived at the port between 12:45 PM and 1:00 PM. We more or less never stopped walking from the time we parked the car until we were on the ship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

good catch!

I only noticed because I would LOVE it if an Edge-class ship sailed out of PC, since it's our preferred port due to distance!

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think you have it backwards. If you get there at 11:30 AM the terminal will likely be crowded. If you get there at 1:00 PM there will likely be little to no lines. I have been on five Celebrity cruises this year, with several more booked. For every cruise we have arrived at the port between 12:45 PM and 1:00 PM. We more or less never stopped walking from the time we parked the car until we were on the ship. 

Agree!

• Like 2