LIVE from Harmony, GIRLS CRUISE!, Sept 8, 2024

2 minutes ago, Southern Dan said:

They are replacing the Bionic Bar on Allure with Pesky Parrot when she gets amped next spring, maybe they will do the same in spring 2026 after Harmony's TA in March...

Gosh yeah, anything but what it currently is! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ranchonodinero2024 said:

That would explain it-never again!  The cruise wasn't cheap either and unfortunately, if RCI is going the KSF route, they will lose customers as there is no adults only pool and apparently the folks who are attracted to the KSF sales, never say no.  Every button pressed on the elevator?  How cute!  Let's sprint up and down the halls and scream at 7:00 a.m. Kind of a shame because on Princess, the demographics were so old that it was night of the living dead.  I suppose a travel agent would have warned us about the KSF going on and we would have chose another time.

I do understand your frustration. The Solarium rules were 18+ posted near the entrance but still no pool, just whirlpools, so it is a bit limiting in that respect. I don't recall seeing kids in there but I only walked through once.

I did forget to mention one thing in my review regarding the Fine Line and kids. There were several kids all lined up in the front row (understandably, I always see kids wanting to get splashed) but, THIS TIME, they were actually going up to the water spouts (like, literally where the performers dance) and putting their heads into the water. Over and over and over again. For several minutes. Between that and the shrill screaming every time that whip was cracked, I was like, WHERE ARE THE ADULTS?! *ANY* ADULTS?! It was beyond aggravating. 

Finally, a show manager shows up and OMG did she point that finger to sit down, be quiet, and NOT MOVE from their seats 😂 Still no idea where the parents were, but these were young kids, and I mean under 10 years old easily. Just crazy the lack of manners but I'm an 80s kid so...different repercussions for bad behavior "back then" I guess!

Edited by GetToLivin
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

I do understand your frustration. The Solarium rules were 18+ posted near the entrance but still no pool, just whirlpools, so it is a bit limiting in that respect. I don't recall seeing kids in there but I only walked through once.

I did forget to mention one thing in my review regarding the Fine Line and kids. There were several kids all lined up in the front row (understandably, I always see kids wanting to get splashed) but, THIS TIME, they were actually going up to the water spouts (like, literally where the performers dance) and putting their heads into the water. Over and over and over again. For several minutes. Between that and the shrill screaming every time that whip was cracked, I was like, WHERE ARE THE ADULTS?! *ANY* ADULTS?! It was beyond aggravating. 

Finally, a show manager shows up and OMG did she point that finger to sit down, be quiet, and NOT MOVE from their seats 😂 Still no idea where the parents were, but these were young kids, and I mean under 10 years old easily. Just crazy the lack of manners but I'm an 80s kid so...different repercussions for bad behavior "back then" I guess!

You are close to hitting the nail on the head with this ....But the crazy lack of manners isn't from the kids , It's from the PARENTS ! 

Cheers

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

You are close to hitting the nail on the head with this ....But the crazy lack of manners isn't from the kids , It's from the PARENTS ! 

Cheers

Totally agree! I did wonder why they didn't try to find out who was responsible for the kids...like start making them get up and see what happens next 😂

3 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

I will say, there were a lot more kids on this cruise than others I've been on during this time frame (I normally sail March/April or Sept/Oct), but maybe our sailing fell under a Kids Sail Free promotion. I wasn't necessarily bothered because we stuck to the suite amenities/areas, just more surprised than anything.

I've noticed more kids in the fall and spring also. It's just that more and more parents are willing to take their kids out of school for a week. Remember going on a cruise to foreign countries is culturally enriching.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecslady said:

I've noticed more kids in the fall and spring also. It's just that more and more parents are willing to take their kids out of school for a week. Remember going on a cruise to foreign countries is culturally enriching.

Also a lot more Homeschooling since covid 

.....Unfortunately ?\\

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

They are replacing the Bionic Bar on Allure with Pesky Parrot when she gets amped next spring, maybe they will do the same in spring 2026 after Harmony's TA in March...

Allure doesn't have the bionic bar, it still has the champagne bar, and I think that's what's getting replaced by the pesky parrot.

8 hours ago, ranchonodinero2024 said:

Wow!  Your experience was much better than ours.  We were in a room overlooking the boardwalk.  My wife booked a "balcony" but didn't realize it was a balcony overlooking a piece of children's playground equipment!  Untamed children screaming and running in the halls and at every pool.  Even the solarium had kids.  Don't get me wrong, I love children but the wildness and untamed ones that were on Harmony were too much.  Chucky Cheese of the seas should be the name not Harmony!

We were on this sailing too and we must have been in all the right places at all the right times because we saw very few kids on board. We saw tons of babies (more than I’ve ever noticed before) and several preschool age kids with their families but very few school age or teen age kids (and none that were misbehaving or running around). We were shocked at how few people in general there seemed to be. This was the first cruise ever that we didn’t have to fight for a pool lounger or wait in any long lines (outside of Sorrentos and disembarkation). Sounds like we got lucky!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GetToLivin said:
Later that evening we decided to head over to Sabor and let me tell you, I was so excited for their guac and pico!

image.thumb.jpeg.37622bf834e820c19877594b3f4540ec.jpeg

We were on this sailing with you (and at Sabor with you the last night too!). We absolutely loved Sabor and everything we tried. It was probably our favorite specialty dining meal all trip. You can’t beat that guacamole and pico. Soooo good!!!

I enjoyed your review… thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ranchonodinero2024 said:

Nice review and images!  I managed to get starting Thursday.  Just a head cold right?  But I heard a lot of sniffling as we disembarked too.  Don't test don't tell?  And you realize you drove and then flew past some very good Mexican food!

Yeah, it just seems like a mild cold, kind of goes in and out but hasn't gotten worse. I hope you're feeling better too!

• Like 1

I love Sabor and wish they weren't phasing it out. I totally understand the appeal of Playmakers, but it seems like they could find a smaller space elsewhere for Sabor. Maybe where the Bionic bar is now??

We tend to spend a lot of time on the suite sundeck as well. I've always felt that they should extend the suite lounge happy hour to the suite sundeck. It would be so nice to have a drink or two while sitting outside and enjoying the view. Probably never going to happen, but a girl can dream!

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. I hope you're feeling better!

• Like 1

The elevators in the "plebe" section of the boat were stuffy and crowded.  Several times when the door opened and I said "nope".  But the good thing about the "rona" is that recovery is quicker than a regular cold-go figure.  No, I wasn't tested, but after having it 3 times before, there is nothing like the runny nose that goes with it.  Estimate that exposure happened on first port day.

On 9/16/2024 at 8:30 PM, GetToLivin said:

It was a very nice area to enjoy, especially if you don't feel like venturing out!

We have an excursion to the sloths, monkeys and a glass bottom boat trip until 1. Seeing as we're in port until 5 knowing this is there is great!  

Will be our 1st time at roatan and we're still limited by our youngest who's 2

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Aaron3 said:

We have an excursion to the sloths, monkeys and a glass bottom boat trip until 1. Seeing as we're in port until 5 knowing this is there is great!  

Will be our 1st time at roatan and we're still limited by our youngest who's 2

You may have already looked at the sloth/monkey excursion in detail, but just in case, if you go into the enclosure with the capuchin monkeys, they jump all over people including climbing on your head (and will try to dig in the pockets and shirts of visitors).  

Seeing you have a 2-year-old I wanted to note it as I could see this being something they love, or are terrified of, just so you know what to expect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dragontrainer said:

You may have already looked at the sloth/monkey excursion in detail, but just in case, if you go into the enclosure with the capuchin monkeys, they jump all over people including climbing on your head (and will try to dig in the pockets and shirts of visitors).  

Seeing you have a 2-year-old I wanted to note it as I could see this being something they love, or are terrified of, just so you know what to expect.

Thankfully (in this case) we have a fearless. He strokes pythons,  tarantulas (and had them on his head). The hardest part with the monkeys at puerto plata was the being told to stay still so as to not aggravate them. He also found it hilarious that one happened to "wee all over nana"!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aaron3 said:

Thankfully (in this case) we have a fearless. He strokes pythons,  tarantulas (and had them on his head). The hardest part with the monkeys at puerto plata was the being told to stay still so as to not aggravate them. He also found it hilarious that one happened to "wee all over nana"!

Awesome, enjoy the trip and excursion!

On 9/17/2024 at 9:35 AM, LisaLisa87 said:

I love Sabor and wish they weren't phasing it out. I totally understand the appeal of Playmakers, but it seems like they could find a smaller space elsewhere for Sabor. Maybe where the Bionic bar is now??

We tend to spend a lot of time on the suite sundeck as well. I've always felt that they should extend the suite lounge happy hour to the suite sundeck. It would be so nice to have a drink or two while sitting outside and enjoying the view. Probably never going to happen, but a girl can dream!

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. I hope you're feeling better!

Yes on both counts! I love Sabor and I agree, why not just allow it to be a smaller venue? I don't mind playmakers but the two aren't synonymous so that's a bummer that they're just going to phase it out.

I should have put the suggestion about HH drinks available on the sundeck in their questionnaire, but then again, I might never leave if they did that 😂

• Like 1